Unresponsive USB connections (inc. keyboard): Unable to loin by madskillzuk
This problem puzzles has been puzzling me for days... please someone help me... I running a decent/normal spec PC with Vista Ultimate 32bit I went to start up my computer the other morning, and it booted as normal up to the user login window. I started to type my password, and realised that it wasn't typing anything, i thought it a bit stranged but assume the batteries in my wireless...
March 27th 08 01:27 AM
by JW Go to last post
1 199
4Gb RAM, 32bit Vista by LL
After installing SP1 on Vista, the system properties report that I have 4Gb RAM installed, which is true. However it seems that from the Task Manager, it only can handle up to 3 Gb RAM. So is the other 1Gb wasted? Or is it actually in use for other invisible purposes?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 26th 08 03:21 PM
by IkidUnot Go to last post
21 694
laptop keypad by cameronjohnhunt
my laptop keypad seems to have gone a bit funny, i dont know what is wrong with it but when i press the key x,v, and sometimes m it appears on screan as xc vc or mc it seams to be adding the letter c to each of the letters i stated abbove please help me out
March 26th 08 02:54 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 194
DVD Problem XP to Vista Premium upgrade by Pierre Martin[_2_]
LG GSA H62N DVDRW used to upgrade from XPHome SP2 to Vista Premium. During upgrade everything stopped until I removed Vista DVD and rebooted, then upgrade completed. Everything worked fine with XP and now everything works fine except the DVDRW. After 2 sessions with MS support it still doesn't work. Device Mgr shows no drivers installed, but everything else is fine with no conflicts. Got a...
March 26th 08 02:35 PM
by Pierre Martin[_2_] Go to last post
2 220
crcdisk.sys and Vista Enterprise total system meltdown dell xps 41 by David
Running Microsoft Vista Enterprise on Dell XPS 410 w/ Dual 250GB SATA drives on internal Dell SATA (intel) RAID controller using raid level 1. System ran microsoft update to install updates and i also installed the update for the creative sb x-fi sound card that came with the system. upon rebooting the system will continue to start loading and then restart. I tried the system in safe mode...
March 26th 08 11:56 AM
by Siddhesht Go to last post
1 223
No Sound - Possible Corrupt DirectX???? I don't know! by SMeddows
I've lost the sound on my laptop and I don't know how to get it back. I have an HP Compaq nx9430 with 2 Gigs of RAM. Everything was going great after a clean install of Vista when all of the sudden (I don't know what happened or updated) the sound stopped working. Now, the strange thing about the sound is that I can uninstall everything, get rid of the dlls and .sys files for the drivers....
March 26th 08 08:45 AM
by JP Levasseur Go to last post
6 209
Vista Ultimate loses dvd drives when trying to use WMP11 to burn a by Archivist
When I try to burn a audio cd-rw with Vista Ultimate on my NEC-3500AG dvd writer, Vista loses both of my dvd drives and I have to reboot to get them back. Will WMP only work with a cd-r and not cd-rw? Or is this a bug in Vista?
March 26th 08 05:15 AM
by BigJim Go to last post
1 205
SD Card can't be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. What's the problem? by Shankp
I have a SD card but it can't be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. I have tried serval times and format it fully but it's still can't be read. Then I tried other SD card and it can be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. So I think it would be some problems with my SD card and then I use my roomate's computer with Windows Vista Home Premium to read my SD card. It is fine to read the card. Can anybody...
March 26th 08 04:00 AM
by Shankp Go to last post
0 162
XP to Vista by TheBrat535
I have Vista home permium and my son has XP. I put a external hard drive on my pc using usb port. We share the network and he can read the pictures on this drive but can not put any on it. Is there away he can use this external drive to back stuff up through my pc via the network?
March 26th 08 01:45 AM
by Bob Go to last post
1 204
Can't print using HP 845c printer after SP1 update by boots56073
After installing SP1 I can no longer print using my HP 845c printer that was working fine before the update. I have so far (numourous times) uninstalled the printer driver and usb printer support, unpluged the printer, restarted the computer and pluged the printer back it. Vista sees the printer and reinstalls usb printer support, the printer driver and a unkown device. According to Vista...
March 25th 08 10:10 PM
by boots56073 Go to last post
1 157
Linux print server (Samba) by pboutan
I have a 64 bit linux server, Red-hat 3.8, running Cups 1.3.6 and Samba 3.0.28a. I can access my disk/data shares from x64 vista, or XP 32, but I cannot access my printers from vista. when I add network printers, and I type in my server name, it lists all my printers just fine, so it connects, but when I go to add the printer, I get the error: "Windows cannot connect to the printer, Operation...
March 25th 08 09:14 PM
by pboutan Go to last post
0 205
Disappearing DVDRW Drive by Gaelen
Hi, this is my first post here so bare with me if I'm not all that up to speed. Anywho, I have a HP Pavillion dv9000 laptop and recently I've found that my DVDRW Drive tends to disappear (both from the computer and device manager) after a random amount of time. This is nearly always tied to my usage of Windows Media Player or iTunes 7. I am leaning towards a compatibility issue with iTunes...
March 25th 08 09:01 PM
by Gaelen Go to last post
0 179
Vista Home Premium Raid by gjhughes
I have a new PC that should have a Raid 1 configuration. Please could someone tell me how I can check to see if the disks have been set up in this way?
March 25th 08 06:56 PM
by David B.[_4_] Go to last post
1 166
the old xp network and vista laptop issue by r.bartlett
Hi guy's My 2 new vista laptops won't see either the network set up at home or my office (both as 'OFFICE') or vice versa. I downloaded the LLTD and it's made not one jot of difference..Been through the sharing etc. *The 2 lappys see eachother BTW* I downloaded network magic demo on one laptop and the main PC at home and appears the network is correct as they both see eachother . (it even...
March 25th 08 03:24 PM
by r.bartlett Go to last post
7 219
Vista using 32in tv as monitor by Jon Pope
But if I want to switch between the tv and monitor vista turns on the monitor . How do I stop that plz?
March 25th 08 01:53 PM
by Jon Pope Go to last post
8 282
Acerscan prisa 320U drivers by Morten
does any one know how i get my acerscanner to work in vista? or do you have a driver other than acers that works with the scanner. Morten
March 25th 08 12:57 PM
by hugomax Go to last post
2 585
CD DRIVE NOT WORKING by Steve321
CD Drive isnt working, wont run any cds or software, please help worked last week, brand new. Can you help me? please respond!
March 25th 08 12:16 PM
by Bob Go to last post
8 314
CD/DVD drives not working by dumplin
since upgrading to Vista Home Premium I am no longer able to write to either of my SONY DVD RW AW_G170A CD/DVD Drives, trying to save a file tells me Incorrect function followed by, you do not have access to the folder'D:\'. or 'E:\'. See your administrator for access to this folder, or with other applications Im told the disc is not formatted, as I am the only administrator and the...
March 25th 08 12:14 PM
by Bob Go to last post
5 218
create new backup hard drive by VinnyA
I have a desktop running windows XP. I have 2 hard drives, one is the master and the other is jumpered as the slave drive. I want to mirror the master so that the slave is exactly the same. I don’t care about incremental. I would do the complete write weekly. If my hard drive crashes I want to be able to change jumpers on the slave to make it the master, reboot the machine and keep on...
March 25th 08 09:59 AM
by DL Go to last post
3 231
home page by harvster
Hello all i hope someone can help me. i have a acer comp running vista program, i downloaded a program from a website and uninstalled it at a later date. now it keeps over riding my default page even when i change it and reset to new page. thanks
March 25th 08 09:32 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post

From The