USB device by Scott
When my pc is inserted with a USB flash drive, the pc does not boot up and stuck unless I change the boot sequence from USB device-DVD drive-hard disk to DVD drive-Hard disk-USB device. What does the system look for as the USB flash drive is not a bootable one? In general, it should skip to DVD drive and skip to hard disk if there is no bootable disk in DVD drive. Is it a hardware...
May 15th 07 12:31 AM
by Don Go to last post
1 123
Partition Help by Brandon V
Ok I had XP installed on my pc, now we have vista home prmium as well as xp pro. Hard Drive has 3 partition, I would like to just delete the D: (System Partition with XP), and Unallocated Space, and add them to the C: (Vista Home Premium). I tried in disk management but it won't let me delete D: or expand C: to take up the extra space that is unallocated. Any ideas?
May 15th 07 02:26 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
4 137
Bluetooth com port 5 by Andre
I need to change the inbound COM PORT from 6 to 5 because my PDA is set tu port COM 5, but COM 5 is IN USE in my PC, what should Id o?, how to created a virtual COM 5?
May 15th 07 02:29 AM
by Andre Go to last post
0 109
Loss of keyboard functionality by cb
Internet Explorer had a problem and needed to close. Upon closing I lost the function of my keyboard, which is a wireless model. I could not type with it. I did a restart and it still would not work. I then unplugged the receiver and plugged it in again. Still nothing. I decided to restart again and do a System Restore. However, without the function of the keyboard I could not type the...
May 15th 07 04:38 AM
by cb Go to last post
2 110
Aero question by mac
I am upgrading the video card so I get Aero. Everything else in the PC is OK for running aero: 1 Gig HD, Sempron 3000, etc.... Question: Once I put the video card in: will the Aero option show automatically? Thanks, mac
May 15th 07 06:12 AM
by BigJim Go to last post
2 106
Cruzer devise incompatible by ChicksLoveChocolate
I just got a new Dell laptop with Vista and it is incompatible with the micro Cruzer 2.0 GB jump drive that I tried to use to transfer files that I need on the laptop. Is there any way around this incompatibility and is it Vista that is doing it? Any help would be appreciated.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 15th 07 12:30 PM
by Scooperman Go to last post
13 238
areo feature by sjv
im having trouble accesing the areo feature, i only get the vista basic feature but i have installed the prmiem version
May 15th 07 01:01 PM
by JW Go to last post
4 109
Issues with Vista 64 and going from 2gig to 4gig. HELP by gizbug
I put 4 gig of ram in my system, now when I start up, I get unexpected stop errors. Tells me to put in the dvd and run repair tool . I did that, and it couldn't find/fix the issue. I am now running a Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool. Anyone ever have this issue? Thought Vista 64 and 4 gig were going to work as friends. Have 2 sticks of Corsair XMS2 5-5-5-12 Have 2 sticks of Corsair XMS2 4-4-4-12
May 15th 07 01:44 PM
by CJM Go to last post
3 166
Sopme games can't detect my video card so they hang?? by Highfalk
See subject and my video card is All-In-Wonder x800 series
May 15th 07 02:44 PM
by Highfalk Go to last post
0 104
ARTEC T1 Question by Rev Martin Hazel
I just got an Artec T1 DVB-T which says its MCE compatible, I've downloaded all the latest vista drivers, but Vista UE media center says that there is no Device for decoding? anyone else had a similar problem? and found a solution Martin
May 15th 07 06:25 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 145
USB, USB2 by Rev Martin Hazel
I have Vista Ultimate installed, my USB devices on the MOBO are all USB2.0 but Vista claims they are only USB 1 is this something I am doing wrong, I've downloaded all the drivers from ASRock, and Windows Update, yet the situation hasn't changed I also have a Belkin USB2 6 port card installed, and that only detects as USB1 as well any help appreciated
May 15th 07 08:06 PM
by Rover Go to last post
3 117
Missing hard disk by Mr Fribbit
Imagine the scene: I've just got home from a hard day at work, and my wife says "I went to have a look at the babies photos, but couldn't find them - Where have you put them?", I reply with a rather sarcastic "They're on the disk labelled 'Photos'...", to which I got a "But that doesn't exist anymore..." Panic ensues, and much angst later I find that although the hard disk can be seen in...
May 15th 07 09:21 PM
by freddy Go to last post
8 138
Issues after Ultimate Update by Divine
I just updated my Vista from Home Premium to Ultimate. I feel this was now a mistake, I no longer have any devices being seen under sound so my speakers don't work. I first noticed this when I started up iTunes and got a message saying it found a issue with Playback. How do I fix this, my speakers didn't come with a CD that I know of.
May 15th 07 09:23 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 120
MS Natural Keyboard 4000/Vista: Hotkey to open/close optical drive by darex
Is there a program/script that can be linked to in Windows Vista via the Microsoft Natural Keyboard 4000's 5 hotkeys that will open and close the optical drive? I have an HP a6000n, and I know that the keyboard that came with it has a dedicated button for this purpose. I'm looking for a directory tree/link to the program in question that opens AND closes the tray, or a suggestion for a utility...
May 16th 07 01:17 AM
by darex Go to last post
0 98
MS Natural Keyboard 4000/Vista: Hotkey to open/close optical drive by darex
I should add: I have the latest keyboard drivers from HP, but still couldn't locate the key file which performs this task :-(. I presume there MUST be one. David
May 16th 07 04:14 AM
by darex Go to last post
2 128
sleep key command for MS wireless 6000 keyboard by Ed
I am using Vista ultimate. I have a MS laser 6000 wireless keyboard. This keyboard does not have a sleep key. Where can I find the sleep command in vista so that I can assign it to a keyboard key?
May 16th 07 04:53 AM
by Ed Fisher Go to last post
4 156
HP DV9000 Laptop by KOLDHAM
Since we purchased the DV9000 laptop we have had a problem with the touchpad drivers resetting. There is a setting for enhanced mouse movement. We keep setting the option so the the touchpad is more user freindly. Several days later (could be up to a week) the option will be turned off again. Can you give me some options or directions as to what might be resetting this option. This...
May 16th 07 06:53 AM
by Alvin Paul L. Azurin (www.azurin.org) Go to last post
3 112
nVidia Geforce 6800 fan doesn't go off by Stefan Eesmann
Hi, in XP the fan was only running when TV functionalty etc. was used, but in Vista it's running right from the start. Turned already Aero off but the fan doesn't go off. Any ideas ?
May 16th 07 11:43 AM
by Guillaume Go to last post
6 106
Functionality vrs Whiz-Bang Graphics by OzzieOsborne
I only have a 32Mb graphics card, everything else is up-to-spec for Vista. I don't need the real whiz-bang graphics, I am satisfied with the XP look & feel. I just want the feature/functionality. Will Home Premum, Business or Ultimate give me the functionality even if I don't have the Aero/3D/Flop (or whatever it's called)?
May 16th 07 12:18 PM
by Daniel \Szajd\ Said Go to last post
1 118
Clicking sound by ATCStephen
I've had this problem a couple of times in the past but forget how to fix it. I now hear a clicking sound every time I click on a new web page, I know the solution is somewhere in Internet Options. Thanks for your help. Stephen
May 16th 07 02:40 PM
by Michael Go to last post

From The