How Does x32 Vista Map a 4GB RAM? by G.Freeman
Well, as we all know, x32 editions of anything cannot use a full 4 gigs of RAM. Instead it uses about ~3.2 gigs of the RAM. I have a laptop with 1 gig of RAM and Vista Home Premium x32 and a Go6150 integrated graphics card and i'm thinking about upgrading the RAM to either 2gigs or 4 gigs. Now how does Vista "choose" the ~3.2 gigs of RAM it uses? Does it randomly choose ~3.2 gigs every time...
January 21st 08 06:52 AM
by jorgen[_2_] Go to last post
2 185
CD / DVD Drive Missing? by g0dfather
No idea what happened to it but it's no longer showing on my computer. When I try to run a cd or what not, nothing pops up either. No error message, nothing. -- g0dfather
March 25th 10 11:40 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
2 405
CD / DVD Drive Missing? by g0dfather
No idea what happened to it but it's no longer showing on my computer. When I try to run a cd or what not, nothing pops up either. No error message, nothing. -- g0dfather
March 24th 10 04:24 PM
by g0dfather Go to last post
0 389
Vista RTM Network Printer Problem - Out of Memory by g0nk
I'm having a problem connecting to a Network Printer with Vista Ultimate RTM. Everytime I try to connect and add a printer that is connected to another maching (running XP SP2) Vista comes up with a "Error, cannot connect, out of memory" error. It is a Samsung ML-2010 printer, and I have installed the drivers locally on the Vista machine, and also have tried to do the registry hack as seen...
December 4th 06 12:49 PM
by g0nk Go to last post
1 183
LEXMARK MULTIFUNCTION X7170 by g4yjs
To all the group good to be a part of the group I hope that like myself you are all enjoying Vista. I am using Vista ultimate and am absulutly thrilled with it. EXEPT Lexmark inform me they have no intention of providing Vista drivers for the X7170 which is a brilliant machine with great software,I cannot possibly and dont see why I need to buy a new MFP this one is less than 12 months old...
April 19th 07 05:08 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
6 167
Need to convert from Fat32 to NFTS on external HD by G@ry
I need to convert an external hard drive (500 GB) from Fat32 to NTFS so I can save large files. I have Vista Home Premium w/SP1 I found a website that tells me to use Run, and enter: convert k: /fs:NTFS. But when I do I get this: "Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode." What the heck does this mean? Is there any other way...
October 23rd 08 04:52 AM
by W@lf Go to last post
4 284
CD/DVD drive doesn´t work. Help me please!!!! by Gabby
My CD/DVD drive stopped working, and i got this error in the properties "Windows cannot initialize the device for this hardware. (Code 37)
November 26th 07 04:16 AM
by Pete Go to last post
4 124
Lost 2 drive in dual harddrive laptop by gabbysuzy
How do I reconnect my second harddrive in my dual drive lap top. It went away during a windows driven blue screen "GATHERING DATA FOR AN EMERGENCY CRASH" then it went down. When it came back, the second drive was gone. I have reset the drive, checked the bios, checked to see that the drivers do not have red x's beside them, run a memory check. Computer still under 30 days old. Should i just...
November 19th 07 12:41 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 109
no sound by gabissky
Have a year-old HP Media Center with Realtek sound. Vista can't find/won't recognize it. Drivers from Realtek didn't install (didn't say for Vista anyway). I work by Winamp and online radio so ... any help gratefully appreciated.
January 31st 07 08:04 PM
by Dogbytes Go to last post
4 183
Three monitors on Vista? by Gabor
Hey guys, I have a brand-new Dell Optiplex 745 with Windows Vista Ultimate. I'm trying to get it to drive three monitors. For this purpose, I've bought: - a Gigabyte ATI Radeon X1650 PCI Express card with 2 DVI outputs - an EVGA e-GeFoce FX 5500 PCI card with 1 DVI output After turning off the motherboard's built-in graphics adapter, I tried
February 21st 08 05:16 AM
by Spirit Go to last post
4 157
Windows Mobile Center installation breaks plug and play by Gabriel
Hello, I dont know if any one ever experience the strange issue I had: I have installed Vista Utimate on a brand new computer. Every is working nicely. Usb drivers are in place. If I connect a USB memory key, it is recognized immediately. I also have a memory card reader plugged on an usb port that is working straight from Vista installation. Then I install Windows Mobile Device. I grab it...
March 9th 07 09:38 AM
by Gabriel Go to last post
0 178
Nforce4ultra and VgaSave by gabriele
I have tried everything to get this to work!!! Windows Vista 32bit RC1 works fine and installed. My monitor samsung 710n is connected to my PCI-E nvidia 7600gt and windows vista shows up fine. i don't upgrade the video driver because my display properties- There was no video card- everything was blank. I clicked properties and it said"vgaSave". I went into Device Manager to see what was...
October 23rd 06 07:00 AM
by gabriele Go to last post
2 158
Texas Instruments PCI GemCore based SmartCard controller producing"page_fault_in_non_paged_area" by Gadafi
I have installed windows vista ultimate onto my HP NX9420 laptop, everytime I connect PCMCIA 3G Vodafone Mobile Connect card to the laptop I get a BSOD: "page_fault_in_non_paged_area". Google-ing around discovered standing issue with above mentioned Texas Instruments PCI GemCore based SmartCard controller and PCMCIA 3G and WiFi cards.The "solution" to this is disabling controller in...
May 20th 08 03:12 PM
by objober Go to last post
5 200
Live File System is D.O.A.? by Gadget
This system is bugged!!! It only sporadically works. Most of the time it takes putting the disk in 10 times to get it to mount once! I came to this site looking to find answers, only to find many other threads of the same nature. Most of the threads have no response at all and none that I have found have any "official" response. Come on MS, what are your people getting paid for? I bought...
January 2nd 08 10:05 PM
by neilied Go to last post
3 104
Use USB port as COM port? by GadgetFreak
My laptop does not seem to have a 9 pin COM port which I require to transfer information to another device. I have cords to convert the 9 pin port to USB but when I hook it up to my laptop it does not seem to recognize this. Can you use the USB port on your laptap as a COM port? Do I need to change the settings somewhere to make this work? Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS
February 11th 08 03:55 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 157
LiveKernelEvent by gae
Plese help me Descrizione Si è verificato un problema dell'hardware video che impedisce il corretto funzionamento di Windows. Firma del problema Nome evento problema: LiveKernelEvent Versione SO: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 ID impostazioni locali: 1040
August 5th 08 03:58 AM
by Alejandro Go to last post
1 212
Disappearing DVDRW Drive by Gaelen
Hi, this is my first post here so bare with me if I'm not all that up to speed. Anywho, I have a HP Pavillion dv9000 laptop and recently I've found that my DVDRW Drive tends to disappear (both from the computer and device manager) after a random amount of time. This is nearly always tied to my usage of Windows Media Player or iTunes 7. I am leaning towards a compatibility issue with iTunes...
March 25th 08 09:01 PM
by Gaelen Go to last post
0 178
Upgrading to Vista by GAgira
I have tried to upgrade to vista many times all the time on the Final Stage (Completing the Upgrading) but it gets to about 59% then it automatically reboots without no warning. Any how it restarts but after the Vista Bar is loaded a blue screen comes up saying error 0x000007e it always does this every time i restart so I have to continuously restore XP. What is wrong, I have pretty much...
April 28th 07 12:08 AM
by GAgira Go to last post
0 102
parition changes by Gail C
Originally the 2nd non-OS disk contained two primary partitions fully allocated to drives D and drive G. I shrunk both and the unallocated space is separated by the second former partition (drive G). How can i get the two unallocated spaces into one area to format and create a new partition -- thank you for your help
November 19th 09 09:03 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
6 178
parition changes by Gail C
Originally the 2nd non-OS disk contained two primary partitions fully allocated to drives D and drive G. I shrunk both and the unallocated space is separated by the second former partition (drive G). How can i get the two unallocated spaces into one area to format and create a new partition -- thank you for your help
November 19th 09 02:47 PM
by Gail C Go to last post

From The