CFII Microdrive / Vista Sync by GaryA
I have a 1GB microdrive that I leave attached to my PC in the CFII slot. Vista allows for the drive letter D: (HD=C,CD=E) but I can not access it in windows explorer as an attached drive unless I eject and reinsert. Any ideas how to set this so it is always recognized as a HD not a sync drive?
February 3rd 07 07:06 AM
by GaryA Go to last post
0 182
Vista Networking w/Apple Laserwriter by garyh99
I'm trying to add an Apple Laserwriter 16/600 PS as a network printer to my PC running Vista. I am able to use it from my PC running XP Pro, but not the one running Vista. Here's what I did to add it to an XP PC, but it doesn't work in Vista. 1. Add printer 2. Local Printer 3. Create a new port...LPR 3. IP number: 1.192.168.1.111 4. Port name: raw (Necessary for Apple LaserWriter)
December 6th 07 04:39 PM
by garyh99 Go to last post
5 103
Can't re-enable microphone array by GaryMac[_2_]
Folks- I run run Vista Home Premium SP2 on a Dell XPS M1730 with built in microphones(2). I inadvertantly disabled the Sigmatel Hi Def Audio microphones from: CONTROL-PANEL\SOUND\RECORDING\CONFIGURE I expected the microphone array would appear with a CONFIGURE option to enable it...but it no longer appears under RECORDING and I can't figure out
May 17th 10 04:33 AM
by GaryMac[_2_] Go to last post
0 397
Can't re-enable microphone array by GaryMac[_2_]
Folks- I run run Vista Home Premium SP2 on a Dell XPS M1730 with built in microphones(2). I inadvertantly disabled the Sigmatel Hi Def Audio microphones from: CONTROL-PANEL\SOUND\RECORDING\CONFIGURE I expected the microphone array would appear with a CONFIGURE option to enable it...but it no longer appears under RECORDING and I can't figure out
May 17th 10 04:33 AM
by GaryMac[_2_] Go to last post
0 735
Unknown devices by Garyrmn
In my device manager I have 2 'unknown devices' which i have been unable to identify, update or install, I can't even work out what they are only that they are at the following locations; Intel(R) 82801GBM (ICH7-M) LPC Interface Controller - 27B9 and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System Can anyone advise what they are and if I even need them
May 21st 07 07:10 AM
by Garyrmn Go to last post
8 231
Bluetooth Mouse and Vista Ultimate by Garyrmn
I have an Apple MacBookPro that is partioned for both Mac OS and Windows Vista Ultimate, I use an Apple bluetooth mouse, when I boot my system in Vista partition the computer will not sync with my mouse, I have to remove it from bluetooth and re-instal every time, i'm sure this can't be right and that there must be a way of adding my mouse so it auto detects, but can't find how to do it....
May 17th 07 03:19 AM
by Garyrmn Go to last post
0 133
Security Update Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 SP2 KB936181 - STO by garywi
Windows update has installed this 8 times so far. Every time I want to shut down my machine, I get prompted to install. Under "View Update History" this patch is installed successfully 8 times. If I right click on the update in HIDE it, it still comes back. -- Thanks
November 26th 08 01:46 AM
by MP Descartes Go to last post
2 264
Card Reader Drives Showing in My Computer - Too Many by garywi
I installed a card reader with slots for everything. I only use SD. I don't want to see drive letters for every drive not in use. Can I do this? Also, how can I pin down certain drive letters for my USB drive, so it gets the same drive letter everytime I plug it in? I need this, as I have back up routines that look for certain drives and paths. My back ups are getting screwed up after I...
August 19th 08 09:12 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
2 154
USB Drive - Ties Up Vista - Can't Safely Remove by garywi
Hi, My WD2500 250G USB drive does things with Vista that annoy me: -the drive starts spooling up/spinning even if I have not made any read/write requests from it -while it's spooling up, is slows down Vista severely, causing me to want to Eject it -while the drive is spinning, I can't safely eject, error, drive is in use by another program, even when I have no programs running, or files...
August 28th 08 09:40 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
9 253
HP scanjet 3300C - error 2117 by Gas
From HP.com site I've downloaded the latest driver. No Viast-version available so I downloaded the XP-version. When application is running and I request a scan I get an error 2117. Tried with "Run as XP-compatibility", and I tried all tricks mentioned by HP-FAQ. How can I make my scanner work with Vista ?-)
April 23rd 08 07:07 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
8 117
Asus P5WDG2 Ws pro Raid and Vista RC1 by gasgas
I wanted to install the operating system Windows Vista 64bit, and after to have inserted the driver of controller the Raid Marvell, folder amd64, the copy of the file has had beginning. To the first one restart, after the copy, the system crash saying that Windows was not successful to verify the signature of the file mv614…. (driver controller Raid Marvell) Where I can find of the driver...
October 8th 06 10:57 PM
by gasgas Go to last post
0 132
Shuttle SD37P2 - Vista RC1 (32-bit) only see's 2GB by Gator
I'm having trouble getting 32-bit Vista to recognize all of the RAM in my Shuttle SD37P2 "Conroe" system: A clean install of 32-bit Vista RC1 (build 5600) only recognizes 2GB of RAM on a 4GB Shuttle "SD37P2" system. A clean install of 64-bit Vista RC1 (build 5600) on the same iron recognizes the entire 4GB of RAM. The Shuttle SD37P2 has the latest available BIOS SD37S022, dated 2006/07/06,
September 17th 06 06:39 PM
by Gator Go to last post
0 124
Shuttle SD37P2 - Vista RC1 (32-bit) only see's 2GB by Gator
I'm having trouble getting 32-bit Vista to recognize all of the RAM in my Shuttle SD37P2 "Conroe" system: A clean install of 32-bit Vista RC1 (build 5600) only recognizes 2GB of RAM on a 4GB Shuttle "SD37P2" system. A clean install of 64-bit Vista RC1 (build 5600) on the same iron recognizes the entire 4GB of RAM. The Shuttle SD37P2 has the latest available BIOS SD37S022, dated 2006/07/06,
January 19th 07 01:51 AM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
4 135
Blank Laptop screen - intermittent by gatorbikerbob
Hi All, My HP Pavillion dv9500 laptop screen has gone blank. The computer works fine and is able to use a monitor plugged into the VGA port. I thought the screen just went out, it's just over 2 years old and of course, 2 months out of warrenty. However, after the sceen had not worked for about a week, it came back on. I was using the laptop with a monitor, and all of a sudden, a window...
February 18th 10 03:57 AM
by ashvin Go to last post
2 382
Blank Laptop screen - intermittent by gatorbikerbob
Hi All, My HP Pavillion dv9500 laptop screen has gone blank. The computer works fine and is able to use a monitor plugged into the VGA port. I thought the screen just went out, it's just over 2 years old and of course, 2 months out of warrenty. However, after the sceen had not worked for about a week, it came back on. I was using the laptop with a monitor, and all of a sudden, a window...
February 18th 10 02:30 AM
by gatorbikerbob Go to last post
0 256
Lost my Toshiba Laptop Display by gators2u
After I hooked up a larger external monitor and moved my display to it, I am unable to get it to go back to the laptop's display. It only recognizes the external monitor as being present.. any ideas ??
April 10th 08 07:59 AM
by Gordon Go to last post
1 210
Disable Direct 3D Accleration on Domain Member PCs by Gaurav
Sir/Madam, Please tell me a solution to disable Direct 3D Acceleration of all the PCs in my domain, Can i do the same using group policy.If how then reply me ASAP.So people can't play any game. -- Gaurav Khungar Microsoft Certified System Engineer MCP ID : 3158520
March 13th 08 10:03 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 207
How to Disable USB Ports for USB Drive by Gaurav
Sir/Madam, I want to disable the USB drive for all the domain member PCs in my domain, but still want to use the USB port for Mouse Functionality.Please tell me a solution through group policy to disable USB Storage Functionality ASAP Do as Needful... --
March 28th 08 03:21 PM
by Frank Sallivan Go to last post
2 375
Vista can't seem to find drivers... no matter what USB device. by GAURC
I've seen many posts about difficulty locating hardware drivers. I'm installing Vista-compatible device software just fine, but it seems virtually any USB device I try to install is defeated when Vista sees the device and tries to 'install drivers.' Vista checks the hard drive and the web and eventually says the drivers can not be found; thus, no device. I've tried browsing to the program...
May 13th 08 01:30 AM
by GAURC Go to last post
2 139
Ultimate won't find wifi card in Dell laptop by gavin
I upgraded to Ulitmate from home prem. everything works except the wifi. won't find the card. It is a corporate edition and there is no key or activation. I'm hitting a wall on this one. Dell inspiron 1420 with an Intel 3948 wifi card.
June 20th 08 11:49 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post

From The