USB mass Storage Devices Not working by WOE is Me
I've spent the last hour reading through these questions looking for my own solution. I have the problem where no USB Mass Storage Devices are working. I have two flash drives and 1 USB 2 in 1 card reader. I pointed my drivers to c:\windows\system32\driverstore and now I get the following Windows found driver software for your device, but encountered an error while attempting to install...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 19th 08 03:00 AM
by Tom Go to last post
13 397
Device cannot start for iPod 30GB Home Premium x64 by AsYLuM-DeMoN
I've looked everywhere I possibly can to find any registry or driver fix and nothing. I have the latest version of iTunes, and SP1 and I had to build a whole second computer just for iTunes, which I didn't like cause I then had less then 3TB on my main computer, lol. I have tried uninstalling the iPod, reinstalling, formatting the iPod on another computer, anything you can really think of I...
March 19th 08 12:11 AM
by AsYLuM-DeMoN Go to last post
0 206
Vista SP1 is out by Rich.
32-bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b0c7136d-5ebb-413b-89c9-cb3d06d12674&DisplayLang=en 64-bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=874a414b-32b2-41cc-bd8b-d71eda5ec07c&DisplayLang=en Release notes: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b5b681f5-f366-4ad2-ba10-6a7d209de7bd&DisplayLang=en
March 18th 08 10:19 PM
by Rich. Go to last post
0 199
Help! Can't log on to Vista by Tom
Purchased MS Wireless desktop 6000 v2 to replace a keyboard plugged into the PS2 ports. Installed derivers as instructed then followed prompt to reboot. Now no keyboard is recognized and I can't get in to Vista, even in safe mode as I can't get past the log in screen. PS-2 ad wireless keyboard 6000 v2 both work in bios, so I know the computer itself recognizes them, just can't get in to...
March 18th 08 09:49 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 174
disk drive by disk drive problem
hello my notebook can´t open the disk already, why?? there is a problem with the hardware but i can`t repear it, i don't now what to do. its windows vista. help me
March 18th 08 09:42 PM
by Bob F.[_4_] Go to last post
2 194
Mobile Sync by Peaceful Heart[_2_]
I installed Vista Mobile Sync on my PC. I am using an old IPAQ PDA with mobile 2003. The PDA will connect but it will not sync. I tried to upgrade to mobile 5 or 6 but my device is too old. The device worked with XP. Is there a fix or do I need to upgrade my PDA? Any information would be greatly appreciated!!
March 18th 08 08:45 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
1 194
horizontal interference at max resolution by geekyguy
Hi All: I recently upgraded from XP Pro sp2 to Vista. I have two cards installed: a Gigabit AGP 8x card and an ATI Radeon 7000 PCI, neither of which has Vista drivers or is on the compatibility list. Under display settings, Vista selected the Radeon 9250 driver for the Radeon card, and "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" for the Gigabyte AGP card. On XP, I was running both monitors (an NEC 17"...
March 18th 08 08:24 PM
by geekyguy Go to last post
0 182
Asus AX1650Pro + ASRock k7s8x = video card and vista not working by s.andrew
Hello, I have an AsRock K7S8X mainboard with an Athlon XP 2000+ CPU, I have upgraded my videocard form an Ati 9550 to an asus branded ati x1650Pro. If I install the AGP driver from windows update and the ati driver, then vista refuses to boot. If I don't install the AGP driver, vista will boot, but the video card will not work. I have used the driver given with the card, because on XP only that...
March 18th 08 06:23 PM
by ASUS ax 1650 pro AGP nightmare Go to last post
2 196
Ripping CDs by Tom Cook[_2_]
I have been trying to rip the music from a CD with media player. The CD has 27 songs, I was able to get the 1st 11, but on each of the rest it says ripping for about 10 - 15 minutes, then it says error and moves on to the next song. There is no explanation as to what the error is. I have tried rebooting and starting over with the unripped songs but they still will not rip. Would this...
March 18th 08 05:57 PM
by Tosh Go to last post
5 202
I want to copy information from my old hard disk by Igor Skoglund
I want to copy information from my old hard disk but the disk is not visible.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 18th 08 04:29 PM
by Igor Skoglund[_2_] Go to last post
12 304
DVD Burner by Carol
I have installed another DVD burner. It is a Samsung. Vista doesn't recognize it. What do I do to get Vista to recognize it? -- Carol
March 18th 08 03:39 PM
by John Lee Brown[_3_] Go to last post
1 162
3rd party diagnostics tools for hard drive by JoeP
Hi All, Anybody's knows any 3rd party diagnostics tools for hard drive? Thanks, Joe
March 18th 08 03:36 PM
by peter Go to last post
1 146
Kinda at a deadend with Vista by Wildman
I got me a Nvidia Nforce 4 SLI mobo with the Nvidia MCP chip and Vista hates this chip. Anyway, I have installed the Vista Ultimate package 64 bit and 32 bit at different times...both choke badly. I finally set the whole thing aside for many months and decided to come back to it after the OS got some patches and tweaking. Well now I tried it again and still, with all the patches and...
March 18th 08 02:19 PM
by Bob Go to last post
4 157
high speed usb controller by wyodad
I recently installed a new MB (Gigabyte S-series) and the high speed usb controller won't install. The error message is as follows - Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller The system cannot find the file...
March 18th 08 12:17 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
3 142
New Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series Driver 2.15.0006 (14 March 2008) by Cal Bear '66[_2_]
New Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series Driver 2.15.0006 (14 March 2008): http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/ Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
March 18th 08 11:38 AM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
2 155
cd recorder by jack g
my recorder has stopped closing the disk. Plays on computer but no where else. thanks in advance.
March 18th 08 09:54 AM
by jack g Go to last post
2 140
Linking Acer n50 (wm2003) to Toshiba L30 (Vista Home) via Bluet by Jeff
I have to link my Acer (ACERN50)- with wm 2003 SE - to my Toshiba Satellite L30 Notebook– Intel R Celeron R M CPU – with OS Vista Home Basic, using “Active Sync with Bluetooth”. The Ports (COM & LPT) shows just Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM 23). For the bt, I have Broadcom Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR USB Dongle. I am using a special Vista driver...
March 18th 08 08:43 AM
by Jeff Go to last post
3 139
Manually Turning Off Laptop Monitor by Alnis
I've installed Vista on an admittedly older laptop (a Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100, circa 2003), and I'm having a heck of a time trying to shut off the monitor. This may be connected to a larger problem with the screen saver and power-saving functions, which also do not work. (There is one exception to this: the screen saver will come on if the computer is restarted and left untouched at the...
March 18th 08 07:32 AM
by Gordon Go to last post
6 144
mp3 player by Even .M[_2_]
I bought a mp3 player(samsung YP-S5) from circuitcity and connected to my laptop. Then it shows that I need a CD to continue the install. When I put the CD in my computer shows me that the software can not be installed. I tried everything but nothing worked. When I tried it on my host's computer which was windows XP it worked very well. What do I have to do??
March 18th 08 02:48 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 192
DVD-RAM using problems in Vista by A.Kazuma
Dear all, sorry for my poor english, I hope you all may understand what I mean and helping me. I often use my windows xp for dvd-ram backup before, last week I've upgrade my computer and bundled with Vista Ultimate. At first, I've tried to format my DVD-RAM in vista (with the My Computer Drive function in UDF 2.01), then I've backup serval files in my DVD-RAM easily (just like harddisk...
March 18th 08 02:36 AM
by A.Kazuma Go to last post

From The