This snipping tool by Davey Jones
Ive done everything you guys suggested,now im beginning to think there is no snipping tool for vista basic that i have in the toshiba. Is that right ?
March 18th 08 01:43 AM
by Bob Go to last post
9 226
Could not load or run '""' specified in registry by geoff8282
On start up my laptop dispaly the desktop error message: Could not load or run '""' specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry. This makes no sense to me at all. Can anyone help please? -- Geoff
March 18th 08 12:17 AM
by Justbob30 Go to last post
5 214
DVD Skipping by MKN10
I put in the dvd to play on my computer and it started skipping or stalling. What is causing the problem?
March 17th 08 11:05 PM
by Bob Go to last post
1 192
realtek AC'95 audio driver (3/10/2008/ ver 6.0.1.6282) by GT
I Installed realtek AC'95 audio driver (3/10/2008 ver 6.0.1.6282) the 2 days ago using Windows Update. After that i try to access the sound by right clicking the volume in notification tray and a pop-up box appear with this message: Audio Enhancements Problem Windows has detected that audio enhancement for the following device are causing problems:
March 17th 08 10:57 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 180
Vista boot problem by Jon Pearce
Somehow I managed to mess up my boot disk by converting it to dynamic. Now whenever I boot, I need to: Boot the Windows DVD Do Repair and open the command window, then do DISKPART List the disks and see that the boot disk is FOREIGN Select the foreign disk and import it Find out which volume was assigned to C and assign it a different drive letter Assign the foreign partition to...
March 17th 08 06:40 PM
by Jon Pearce Go to last post
0 155
DVD problems by Sverik
I have two issues. First; Whenever I try to load a game from a DVD (autoplay says to install), my computer crashes to the blue screen of death. Error 0x00000003....computer can release a thread it doesn't own, blah, blah, blah. Second; if I turn off autoplay and try to access the DVD's file structure with explorer, the file system recognized the DVD as a UDF drive but doesn't allow me to...
March 17th 08 05:29 PM
by Sverik Go to last post
0 181
Cannot connect to a projector by Wit's_End
I'm trying to help a user with a Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop that came loaded with Vista. The graphics chip is the Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset. She was able to connect her laptop to a projector in her classroom until a couple of weeks ago. Now it will connect, but only for a minute, then it switches back to just being visible on the laptop. Hitting Function + F8, going to the mobility...
March 17th 08 12:24 PM
by Wit's_End Go to last post
0 190
no sound by reg[_2_]
need help big time!!! i am having troubles with windows updates and a microsoft tech told me to uninstall anything to do wit sigmatel. i take it that sigmatel has something to do with the sound because now i do not have any. i sent them back an email but they have not got back to me yet. can anyone tell me what to do to get the sound back?
March 17th 08 10:46 AM
by reg[_2_] Go to last post
4 228
Sound from headphones, but not without headphones? by mforbes
I didn't have any sound issues before, but the other day I used headphones on my laptop, and now, I can't hear anything WITHOUT headphones. So, when I plug in headphones, I can hear sounds. If I unplug the headphones, no sound comes out of the speakers on my laptop. I've checked the volume, checked to make sure it's not muted...I'm stumped. Any suggestions?
March 17th 08 04:01 AM
by sharski Go to last post
2 189
I can't get scanners to work in Vista by gecko[_3_]
I am testing VISTA Ultimate and find that I cannot get any of my older scanners to scan - nor can I find VISTA drivers for them. I have 1) HP PSC950 AIO (It prints however) 2) MUSTEK 1200LP 3) UMAX POWERLOOK II Anyone out there have any luck getting any of the above to scan in
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 16th 08 09:32 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
14 423
Play button on my Microsoft keyboard by מיכאל קריבוס
I seems that after installing quick time on my machine the play button dont start media player, I need to start and then it funtion as a play/pause. Before QT when pressing this button started WMP. Any suggection? -- Michael Kribus Project Manager
March 16th 08 09:24 PM
by Bob Go to last post
2 233
Inappropriate menus open frequently by sselwyn
Please help me with windows vista. I have a new laptop and usually windows open up when I am just trying to click to open a file, change a word or number, or sometimes trying to open the right drop down menu (I usually get the back menu options when I want to change a number in a drop down window, or even delete items using the backspace or delete key. I know I am being unclear since I am a...
March 16th 08 09:16 PM
by Bob Go to last post
1 229
Keyboard adds spaces where they don't belong to by Gracia
As the subject tells, the keyboard adds spaces where they don't belong to. -- Best Regards
March 16th 08 08:44 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 179
external HDD enclosure probs by Tony97103
I am trying to transfer files from my old computer hard drive using an usb 2.0 enclosure. My new computer is running Vista, the old hard drive is running xp. When I plugged it in, my computer sees it as a mass storage device, but I cannot access nor see any files on the old hard drive. I'm getting kinda frustrated, I tried to link the two computers via ethernet that didn't work. My old...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 16th 08 07:37 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
14 341
Mini*.dmp by Grassy
Hi, I have been getting the blue screen of death w/reboot alot with my Vista box..I have d'loaded the tool to read the mini*.dmp files but it will not give me access. I suspect it is my ethernet card drive but I cannot tell. I always crash while on the internet and under load. The manufacturer of the box updated the ethernet driver without any change to the crashing. How can I read this...
March 16th 08 04:16 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
7 238
windows dvd maker (vista) by [email protected]
windows dvd maker(vista) dispays: has stopped working every time I add a file to be burned. what do I do to fix the problem
March 16th 08 03:48 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 176
HELP....my Sony Vaio is stuck in "LOGGING OFF" mode. by jamsaz
My Sony Vaio (Windows Vista Home Premium) is stuck in "Logging off" mode. No matter what I do, Windows keeps resuming where it left off, which is apparently in Logging Off mode. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!
March 16th 08 01:48 PM
by tapyeno[_2_] Go to last post
6 131
SONY DVD RW AW_G170A CD/DVD HELP!!!!!!!!!!! by dumplin
since upgrading to Vista Home Premium I am no longer able to write to either of my SONY DVD RW AW_G170A CD/DVD Drives, trying to save a file tells me Incorrect function followed by, you do not have access to the folder'D:\'. or 'E:\'. See your administrator for access to this folder, or with other applications Im told the disc is not formatted, as I am the only administrator and the...
March 16th 08 01:46 PM
by dumplin Go to last post
0 165
Sony MicroVault USM4GJX by Jerry MAY
Hi, I have bought a Sony MicroVault USM4GJX USB stick. My Windows Vista Ultimate say it does not find a driver and I do not see the stick in the My Computer. Under the system devices I see under Other the Mass Storage without a driver and I cannot install the driver and when Windows searches for the driver he does not find it.
March 16th 08 01:27 PM
by Jerry MAY Go to last post
0 174
Problems with PCMCIA firewire card and crashes by monkeyrobson
Hello, I've got window's vista, and recently bought a "Combo Cardbus" PCMCIA card which gives me firewire and additional USB connections. When I put it in the slot on my laptop windows vista automatically installed a driver. However if I plug any USB or firewire device into it the system will work for around 5 minutes and then suddenly freeze, meaning the only way I can stop it is to turn...
March 16th 08 12:00 PM
by monkeyrobson Go to last post

From The