USB don't Work by Genaro Navarrete Molina
Acer notebook brand new, Usb was working ok but Stop, the other two work well Any Help Amigos por favor. any help will be apreciated, In Device Manager is with a Yellow Triangulo One of the Usb no me travaja, alguna sugerencia por favor.
November 26th 07 03:29 AM
by Genaro Navarrete Molina Go to last post
0 128
Lightscribe by Gene
For those who may have not seen it in the general group. You can install your lightscribe drivers on Vista. Download them from the Lightscribe website, right click on the set-up program, and choose "Properties." When the properties box comes up, go to the "Compatibility tab" click the box and run under winXP SP2. Then save and close. Next, all you have to do is right click, "Run as...
February 14th 07 02:04 PM
by Dixie Go to last post
4 218
Mice and touchpads by Gene Fitz
I have an HP 7030us notebook. It has a touchpad mouse built in. I don't use it, I bought a wireless notebook mouse. My issue is this, in XP, I could disable my touchpad, and just use my regular mouse. However in Vista I haven't found out how to do that. My mouse settings will allow me to disable my wireless mouse, but not the touchpad. Is there any way around that?
October 7th 06 11:56 AM
by Photubias Go to last post
1 121
Conexant audio drivers by Gene Fitz
Here is a couple ideas. Number one, try Windows update. It installed myt Conexiant drivers automatically. Now here is a ricky idea, and I can guarantee nothing on this, because it may cause a "blue screen error" so do a complete PC back-up before you start! Put your driver recovery disk in. Now instead of letting it auto-run, explore the disk, under drivers, and audio. There is a setup.exe...
October 11th 06 03:19 AM
by Gene Fitz Go to last post
0 131
Audio Drivers for HP zv6000 Laptop by Gene Fitz
From my other post: Here is a couple ideas. Number one, try Windows update. It installed myt Conexiant drivers automatically. Now here is a ricky idea, and I can guarantee nothing on this, because it may cause a "blue screen error" so do a complete PC back-up before you start! Put your driver recovery disk in. Now instead of letting it auto-run, explore the disk, under drivers, and audio....
October 11th 06 10:40 PM
by Ryan Go to last post
1 169
Graphics card by Gene Fitz
I agree, i am using a 7600 GS, and it workd flawlessly. Note though, to run it, you must have a 400w or better power supply. If you are using a 300w to 350w powersupply, which most computers are coming with, from HP and Gateway, and other manufacturers of the sort, you may want to look at the 7300GS or 7300GT, both of which work really well with Vista, and best of it, you don't have to go...
November 15th 06 04:54 PM
by DCR Go to last post
1 120
7600gs/nvidia 88.61 drivers by Gene Fitz
Try this on for size. 1. Re-start into your bios. Check your settings. if your internal card is still active, make sure you change the address to your new card. 2. Go into control panel Add or Remove Software, and remove your current Video drivers. 3. Install new nVidia drivers. (NOTE: At first run at installation, you may get an error stating "device drivers not available" so be ready....
November 15th 06 08:07 AM
by Nero Go to last post
2 118
Optical DVD drive quits working and external DVD drive not accessible by gene gayle
have an ASUS G50VT notebook that is 3 weeks old and I am running Vista Home Premium 64bit for my OS. My ODD was working jsut fine, now I can not read anything. In Explorer I can see the drive, but it does not read anything. I have unistalled the drive several times and rebooted, but did not work, I have also tried to edit the registry, but lower filters and upper filters are not listed to delete....
February 9th 09 08:39 PM
by trouble Go to last post
1 160
Deleting Files by Gene L.
How can I be certain that a few files that I want permanently deleted cannot be recovered by someone at a later date. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and I recently did a full hard disc recovery, reinstalling all the applications of Microsoft Office. However, I read somewhere yesterday that some files may still be recoverable by knowledgeable searchers. I had some files that I never...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 10th 09 10:59 PM
by dmj120 Go to last post
22 573
Removabke Dusc (E:) by Gene L.
My Windows Vista Home Premium computer directory shows an icon captioned "Removable Disc (E:). When I right click on the image and select "Remove safely" it goes away but when I restart, It is right back again. There is also an icon in the notification area of the task bar that tells me I can safely remove the hardware. This too reappears when the computer is restarted. I do not have a...
November 24th 09 12:42 AM
by Gene L. Go to last post
0 176
Removabke Dusc (E:) by Gene L.
My Windows Vista Home Premium computer directory shows an icon captioned "Removable Disc (E:). When I right click on the image and select "Remove safely" it goes away but when I restart, It is right back again. There is also an icon in the notification area of the task bar that tells me I can safely remove the hardware. This too reappears when the computer is restarted. I do not have a...
November 27th 09 04:21 PM
by Rojo Habe[_3_] Go to last post
6 229
Deleting Files by Gene L.
How can I be certain that a few files that I want permanently deleted cannot be recovered by someone at a later date. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and I recently did a full hard disc recovery, reinstalling all the applications of Microsoft Office. However, I read somewhere yesterday that some files may still be recoverable by knowledgeable searchers. I had some files that I never...
December 3rd 09 12:21 PM
by Gene L. Go to last post
0 130
External Hard Drives by Gene L.[_2_]
I have been advised that it might be more advantageous for me to back up my files on an external hard drive instead of on 5 or 6 DVD's. How do I go about determining the capacity, quality and type of hardware needed? Can someone point me in the right direction/ Many Thanks!
June 2nd 10 09:20 PM
by Gene L.[_2_] Go to last post
4 951
Partitioning Hard Drive by Gene L.[_2_]
I hope this is the correct forum to ask this question. When is it advisable to partition a hard drive? Where can I find specific instructions to follow should I wish to do this? Thanks for any help on this issue. Gene L.
November 3rd 09 12:33 PM
by Gene L.[_2_] Go to last post
7 184
External Hard Drives by Gene L.[_2_]
I have been advised that it might be more advantageous for me to back up my files on an external hard drive instead of on 5 or 6 DVD's. How do I go about determining the capacity, quality and type of hardware needed? Can someone point me in the right direction/ Many Thanks!
June 2nd 10 02:53 PM
by Gene L.[_2_] Go to last post
0 436
autorun.inf no longer launches programs by Gene[_7_]
We have Vista Business 32-bit on a Dell Dimension E521. Autorun.inf files used to launch programs on CDs and a USB flash drive we use. One day this stopped working and I have not been able to figure out why. The Autoplay applet in Control Panel appears to be set correctly (Software and games = Install or run program). The same CDs and USB drive that do not work on the Vista desktop will...
May 8th 08 04:32 PM
by Gene[_7_] Go to last post
0 154
Intellipoint Laptop Optical Mouse 4000 does not awake by genie56
The optical mouse does not work upon a wakeup from "sleep" or from screen saver modes. Reset button onmouse does not solve problem. Unpluging and repluging the USB port does not solve the problem. Opening the pointing device properties sometimes works. I have installed the lates tdriver for 6.30 (driver is listed under device manager as 6.30.189.0).
October 6th 08 02:56 PM
by genie56 Go to last post
0 173
Sony Giga Pocket by geniettomio
Con windows Vista non cè modo di far riconoscere la scheda MPeg per guardare la TV .
January 16th 07 05:11 PM
by geniettomio Go to last post
0 150
SONY GigaPocket TVTuner by geniettomio
the GIGAPOCKET don't work with Windows Vista Beta 2 and Windows Vista RC1
September 19th 06 01:48 AM
by chooven Go to last post
2 143
Modem Telindus Arescom ND220 by geniettomio
hi, i have installed windows vista RC1 but the Wan Adapter don't work. with the windows vista beta 2 the original driver work correctly.
September 16th 06 06:03 PM
by geniettomio Go to last post

From The