  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Windows sound recorde doesn't open by Jiltdijk
Dear Discussion Group, I used to have a Windows XP system with which I could record sound from an external device like a cassette player by simple plugging it into the line in jack. The sound of the cassette would come through the PC's speakers without any extra configuration needed. Now I have Vista and this doesn't work anymore. Also, when I try to open Windows Sound Recorder, I get a...
October 21st 07 07:16 PM
by Jiltdijk Go to last post
2 98
Windows shows low graphics perfofmance score by Dima[_2_]
Hello! My video card is DirectX 10 ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512mb. The latest Catalyst driver 8.4 is installed. But: Windows Vista 64 "Performance Information and Tools" shows that "Graphics: Desktop performance for Windows Aero" has 4,8 Subscore and "Gaming graphics: 3D business and gaming graphics performance" has 4,9 which are very low, that the HD 2600 Pro is the bottleneck of my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 21st 08 05:46 PM
by Dima[_2_] Go to last post
19 432
Windows Server 2008 Tips and Tricks ! by Russel Pitt
How To Install and configure Windows Server 2008 core?, 10 things to consider when making a Windows Server 2008 upgradedecision, Three exciting improvements in Windows Server 2008, Vista Tips, Tricks and more ... http://vista-tricks-tips.blogspot.com
December 9th 07 02:45 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
3 125
Windows renamed my G: drive to H: drive...how restore? by Dustin
My USB External hard drive was the G: drive, and that's where all my music is for iTunes. When I bought a second iPod and plugged it in before plugging in my hard drive, it renamed my G: drive to the H: drive (and then called the iPod the G: drive). The problem is, that in iTunes, since all the songs were saved at the location 'G:', it can't "find" the songs. If I could re-indicate my...
April 27th 08 12:09 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 161
Windows ReadyBoost by Bert
Is there a certain size or speed that my flash drive needs to be to take advantage of ReadyBoost?
April 10th 08 01:30 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 179
windows optical mouse 5000 by alanrr
Hello, I have a windows optical mouse 5000. I installed the batteries in the mouse and it shows a red light, but the curser did not move. Can someone tell me the process to start and end of the mouse operation? Thank you, alanrr
March 3rd 08 06:36 PM
by alanrr Go to last post
2 123
Windows only sees 2Gb of Ram by SiP
Running Vista Business on DFI Infinity 975X/G with 4Gb of DDR2-800. For some reason the bios reports the full 4Gb but windows only ever reports 2Gb (I know the GFX card would take some but I was expecting approx 3Gb). Run MemTest86 tests overnight so it's not the dims. Any ideas?
March 3rd 07 07:19 PM
by Steve Jain Go to last post
3 224
Windows not starting up, then must restore old settings by dagmeister7
When my computer starts up it has to reboot a couple of times. Finally it comes up with a message stating that Windows could not start and must restore to old settings. I have cleaned up my computer by uninstalling programs and then when I start it up they are back. Also, it states my windows sidebar is not working. If you have any information to help that would be great. Thanks!
September 22nd 07 12:08 AM
by tommiy[_16_] Go to last post
1 102
Windows Network Projectors? Anyone used them, or know of a good one? by [email protected]
At our business there is interest in getting a 720P projector, that is capable of taking a 1680x1050 resolution from a laptop, but that can work with hard ethernet cables or maybe even 802.11N.. IE: the goal is to be able to plug in any laptop to an ethernet cable, which can then connect to the network projector. In most cases they all have Vista, which as the network projector connection icon...
December 18th 08 04:51 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 265
Windows needs to install drivers for xxx by Adz06
Ok, this is really starting to annoy me now. Everytime I turn on my pc I get lots of these messages. The software for the devices is installed. This includes my new Logitech MX5000 keyboard and mouse, it asks for drivers for the BT Mini-REceiver, My HP D5160 printer, and even my older microsoft mouse and keyboard. If I click find drivers windows doesnt find anything. With my printer, I can...
August 19th 09 03:07 PM
by GTS Go to last post
4 187
Windows Movie maker by Michael
I just installed Vista Basic on my laptop. I use my laptop for film class. When i try to open Movie maker I get a error message: Windows Moive Maker cannot start because you video card does not support the required level hardware acceleration or hardware acceleration is not available. I used the Movie Maker when I have XP Home and had no problem. What can I do to get it to work?
March 19th 07 09:18 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 173
windows modular installer by Batskiss
i have a brand new comp (less than a year). The modular installer has never worked, ive not been able to install any update of any kind from microsoft or hp, what di o do
April 11th 08 04:19 AM
by Batskiss Go to last post
0 168
Windows Mobile will not start by Tigerlady
I have tried multple times to get the Windows Mobile center to work properly and I have tried many times to get the following update to install and it will not finish. Installation Failu Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800705b4: Microsoft Corporation driver update for HTC USB Sync. I have already checked the HTC site and they do have an update for the phone...
December 29th 07 08:04 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
1 87
Windows Mobile for Motto Q by momthink
I did not realize Vista would not use Activesync. I was told they now use Windows Mobile for the Motto Q in order to sync my information. I was told that I just need to download Windows Mobile. Everytime I try to download, I get an error. I have pasted the error below, because I have no idea what it means. I feel like I have wasted my money. I have a hard enough time with Vista, now I...
June 19th 07 10:15 PM
by momthink Go to last post
0 233
Windows Mobile Device Driver Install Fails by Lonepinedm
My IPAQ hx2495 works fine when used with my old XP laptop. My new HP laptop that came preloaded with Vista Home Premium fails to install the windows mobile device drivers for the IPAQ. WMP can see the IPAQ and I can access the files on both the device and the storage card. Looking at the error on the driver install for the mobile device all it says is unable to open device. I have...
April 28th 07 04:00 AM
by Barry Go to last post
4 172
Windows Mobile Device Center work around by exponentpower
Yup, thats what we need to find, a work around. Get rid of WMDC and use stand alone drivers to view and access our PDA's (and other devices). If you want details, please see this thread... 'Unable to connect pda to Vista - Vista Forums' (http://www.vistax64.com/showthread.php?p=771377#post771377) HOWEVER...I am trying to see if, on a more global level, there is a work around to simply NOT...
July 9th 08 08:59 PM
by exponentpower Go to last post
2 192
Windows mobile device center won't sync with ipaq by pamc
Vista recognizes my device and I can browse the contents of my device. But it won't sync - When I try to sync it says "There is a problem with your connections. Please disconnect and reconnect your device and try again" I have done that many times in addition to reinstalling the Device Center and rebooting. my ipaq is "ancient" by today's standards - it's OS is Windows CE 4.2 but there is a...
February 10th 09 11:09 PM
by NavXman Go to last post
7 220
Windows Mobile Device Center won't sync to iPaq 2495 by Jim
Even after getting Vista, I was able to sync to my iPaq 2495. One day, no longer possible. My wife may have mistakenly changed something on the computer to lead to this but I can't determine what. I have deleting and reinstalling Mobile Device Center and downloaded version 6.1, precisely following the instructions. I did it with all antivirus/antispam/firewall/etc. turned off. I have...
January 17th 09 03:55 PM
by NavXman[_2_] Go to last post
1 223
Windows Mobile Device Center WMDC 3 with HTC TyTN by pm8832
Using Vista RC 2 (Ultimate) und MS Office S 2007 (Ultimate) Sync of calendar and tasks does not work, rest works fine does anyone has a hint for "hidden" check-box, options, combinations?
January 6th 07 03:27 PM
by Tony Linguini Go to last post
1 193
Windows Mobile Device Center will not recognize my IPAQ 6945 by buyslake
I can not get my Ipaq with Windows Mobile 5 to be recognized in Windows Vista Home Premium. I have tried reinstalling WMDC twice and restarting. It says on my pocket device that it is connected however I can not see it in Window Explorer, nor in Sync center, nor in WMDC. What can I do to get this to work? Also, I do NOT have any virus programs running on my computer.
February 26th 07 10:04 PM
by buyslake Go to last post

From The