  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Adding SATA Drive by S.C
I am trying to add a DVD burner to my new Vista machine ...... Of course I am trying to install an IDE device with an IDE/SATA adapter. On bootup I F2 to go into the BIOS and open SATA2 port, SATA0 hard drive, SATA1 DVD drive. I open port, install SATA cable to port2, put power cable to drive and power cable to IDE/SATA adapter. Reboot ........ light flashes on front for drives .... computer...
September 15th 07 02:46 PM
by aladinsane Go to last post
2 57
Adding serial game controller by srw
My mother has a new computer that was preinstalled with Windows Vista (UGH!!!!!!) and we have installed a sound card with a game/serial port that we are needing to use for a foot pedal. Windows shows the unsupported generic game port and it says that it is working properly. But if you go into the game controller option on the Control panel, it doesn't show the unsupported game controller...
May 13th 07 09:37 PM
by srw Go to last post
0 69
Adding two disks raid0 by George
Is it possible two add two new disks in raid0 on an existing windows vista home premium 32 bit installation and how? Thanks George
August 25th 08 02:48 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
3 138
Additional monitor displays background but nothing else. by Sideways
My additional monitor displays the desktop background but no other information at all. I am running Vista Home Premium. Can anyone please help me to get the second screen (Samsung 245B) to replicate what's on the first (Fjitsu Amilo 1718)?
July 26th 08 03:34 PM
by Curious[_3_] Go to last post
4 90
Additional SATA connection on MB by Elly[_3_]
My present motherboard has 2 internal SATA connections which I use for my C and D drives, I wish to add another one for a new DVD player, Question: Can this be accomplished by installing a special PCI card in a spare slot of my MB? What make do you recommend?
February 11th 09 07:14 PM
by Gary G. Little Go to last post
4 88
ADI Drivers by Robert
Hi, I have a ADI integrated soundcard, The problem I am having is getting Vista to recognise that i have a soundcard installed. In the past when i originally installed Vista (it was a clean install) i had No problems vista installed the drivers and i had sound. A couple of months along the line when i have had to re format my comp and re install, Vista is having none of it not even on...
June 7th 07 09:22 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 78
Ading Prgram to Windows Defnder TAllowed Items List by MarkTheMapler
I have been very annoyed by the fact that every time i want to run a program that windows does not recognize i have to click the allow button also my son uses a game on a not administrator account and i have to type in the password every time he wants to play the game if there is anyway that you know how to add a program to the Allowed Items List in Windows Defender please help I mean for...
June 30th 07 12:32 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 91
Aditional Keyoard for Latop cannot be installed by Ellie
Vista could'nt locate the keyboard I connected to my laptop, this way I could'nt use a normal one on my laptop. I can hardly work with the keyboard on my laptop, so I'll need to instal a normal one.
June 8th 07 05:06 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 66
Adjust my resolution... by Wide Eyed Nerd
Regarding this article, how do I get a higher resolution? Getting the best display on your monitor http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/617624ee-08f3-4aff-9713-5e84a9674a261033.mspx It is not a driver or hardware issue. It is Microsoft telling me what is best. But isnt what I want whats best for me? Thanks again, M
December 23rd 06 06:20 AM
by Lang Murphy Go to last post
9 189
Adjusting Mouse scroll speed by Thomas Cruse
Having an issue with adjusting the scroll speed on my Microsoft Laser Mouse 5000 on a vista laptop. When i do this by going to - Control Panel - Mouse Properties and then adjust the vertical scroll speed to fastest, i click apply and then OK to close the window. However, the scroll speed immediately reverts back to slowest, a fact made clear by both the actual slow scroll speed and by...
March 3rd 09 06:47 PM
by hammerdown Go to last post
4 111
Adjusting volume with FN key &up/down arrows by Shakey
I hope this is the correct group. I did a search and could not find what I was looking for. I used to be able to adjust the volume on my laptop speakers with the FN and up/down arrows, but now I can't. I tried to figure out how to configure the buttons, but I don't want to screw anything else up. Help please.
December 29th 07 07:22 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
7 59
ADM851X USB To Fast Ethernet Adapter by Docking Station
I need this driver, please help me
April 28th 10 05:24 AM
by undisclosed Go to last post
3 451
Adobe Flash Player are not running? by P.J.
VISTA Home Basic OS not runnning of Flash Player?
July 10th 07 09:52 PM
by P.J. Go to last post
0 96
ADS intant music adapter by DMD
I recently purchased a turntable so I could copy records to disk. ADS Instant Music model RDX150 EF is only compatible for XP, Windows 98 etc. Does anyone know of one that is available for Windows Vista? DMD
October 8th 07 03:47 PM
by Translator French - English - Creole Go to last post
5 63
adsl driver by chainsaw_bike
i cant find a driver for my itex adsl modemthat will work in vista(5600) when i try to install it it says it cant find a file but i have downloadad the driver from different places and ditfferent versions
November 3rd 06 12:01 AM
by chainsaw_bike Go to last post
0 92
Adsl modem driver by Veerle
Hi, I am considering upgrading my Windows Xp To Windows Vista, but first I need to a Vista compatible driver for my ADSL modem, because otherwise I won't be able to connect to the internet any more. My modem is from ASUS, model nr AAM6000UG/D. I filled in a contact form on the ASUS website asking if they have a Vista modem, but answer was negative. They don't mention if they are working on one,...
March 19th 07 06:27 PM
by cetin Go to last post
6 133
ADSL USB Wan Adapter by Stefano
Hi, I've just installed my RC1 Windows Vista and it's not detecting my ADLS USB Modem, which is an Arescom Telindus ND220B (supplied tipically by the net-companies in Italy). I'm not able to find any driver for it and obiouvsly the old ones provided for XP are not useful. While reading some posts here I noticed any in which a possible conflict with LAN cards is discussed, but Vista seems to...
January 16th 07 05:08 PM
by geniettomio Go to last post
1 58
Advance tools and performance issue: warning by GT
P4 2.8ghz HT, 1.5gb, 160gb, Ati 9550 256mb agp 8x. I open up Advanced tools and notice below Performance issues that it displayed a warning icon with message Performance can be improved by changing visual settings. View details. I look at the details and a window pop up with a message: Adjust visual setting to improve peformance The current visual setting might not result in the best...
March 4th 07 01:16 AM
by GT Go to last post
0 105
advanced hard drive power managment by jush
I have multiple hard drives. Does Vista have some kind of hdd power management tool where I can turn them off and on while running Vista
August 15th 07 01:24 PM
by JW Go to last post
5 116
Advanced Matching by Timithy Reid
a href="http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=uY3Yd2BphFo&offerid=127634.10000009&type=1&subid=0" Put Advanced Matching to Work for You/aIMG border=0 width=1 height=1 src="http://ad.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/show?id=uY3Yd2BphFo&bids=127634.10000009&type=1&subid=0"
March 19th 08 02:26 PM
by Timithy Reid Go to last post

From The