stop hyperactive pointer by CV[_2_]
This has been driving me crazy since I bought this laptop w/ Vista. How do I stop the pointer from choosing to activate a link on it's own, without me double-clicking? If I'm on a web page, if the pointer happens to rest on any hyperlink or regular link, it goes there. I want to double-click myself if I want to go to a link, not have windows vista pointer do it automatically. What can I...
March 14th 08 09:41 PM
by CV[_2_] Go to last post
0 145
problem with 3 display by solon
hi! just got a new ibm pc vista in office, followed the advise fm below : http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/multimonVista.mspx & tried to add 2 extra display cards for 3 monitors set up but not workable, anyone can help me on this: situation 1-- 2 x pci ati radeon 9250 after vista running, it detected the display cards & automatically search &
March 14th 08 09:13 PM
by JW Go to last post
4 232
SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec by David
Hello! Possible bug follows: I just recently installed RC1 and it was pretty smooth--except for the sound. While it runs mostly out of the box and I can not record anything using my microphone. At first it used some generic driver (Microsoft High Defintion Audio.. something like that) and after fiddling with it I think I was able to get it to use the updated driver from Windows Update to...
March 14th 08 08:13 AM
by cmahendra Go to last post
2 341
TrackIR + Vista Home Premium + CFS3 = :( by MajorMagee
Is there any work being done on a compatibility update to allow TrackIR to work with CFS3 in Vista?
March 14th 08 02:52 AM
by MajorMagee Go to last post
0 188
URL Link Problem by Art
I am using Windows Vista Professional. When I receive a URL link in an email clicking on the link will not open my browser and display the link. It is a recent problem since the links were displayed in the past without a problem. Can anyone help solve this problem? Art
March 14th 08 01:55 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 138
CF card troubles by Clancy2
Until today, when I inserted a CF card into the appropriate slot in the CPU, it opened up fine. Suddenly, now, when plugging in a CF, I get a message telling me the CF card has to be formatted. I tried this with a blank CF, but then got a message saying the card couldn't be formatted. All I want to do is view/copy/delete the images on my cards. Any advice? Thanks. -- Clancy2
March 14th 08 01:01 AM
by Clancy2 Go to last post
4 210
nForce 3 chipset by Rob
Hi all Is it possible to install Vista on a DFI Lanparty nf3 250GB? It has an nForce 3 chipset, and is the socket 754 one. The rest of my stuff should be OK, but I can't find motherboard drivers, and nvidia have ignomiously shuffled the nf3 into the legacy pile. Thanks Rob
March 14th 08 12:54 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 173
cant copy and paste by Vicky
yea everytime i highlight something and right click it wont let me copy but i can wait for that little yahoo thing to come up and then click it and click copy but it still wont let me paste
March 14th 08 12:32 AM
by Curious Go to last post
1 154
copy and paste by Vicky
i cant copy and paste....i dont know what to do.
March 13th 08 11:39 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 165
USB 2.0 Not working since Vista Upgrade by Idnlgeah
Since installing vista (upgrade from XP) I no longer seem to have any USB 2.0 ports. When I insert a 2.0 device I get the "device could preform faster bubble". All my USB ports are USB 2 capable and worked with XP (MSI K9NGM2 motherboard using Nforce 430 chipset). Looking at my USB controllers I have 1) Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller (the USB 2.0 controller I assume) 2)...
March 13th 08 09:14 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
1 139
eSATA & vista sp1 by Brownman
Hi All, Anybody having as I am problems with eSATA devices since installing SP1? My eSATA drives show in the BIOS boot screen but hangs on the Vista drivers loading bard or just beyond on the black screen before the Windows logo. If I restart without the eSATA device connected/powered up Vista loads normally and if I then switch on/plug in the eSATA drive it is not recognised by windows...
March 13th 08 08:20 PM
by Brownman Go to last post
5 173
I still am having problem Setting Up Network Printer via XP by gecko[_3_]
I just noticed that everything under the HP printer's properties is grayed out and so I cannot change anything. I thought ownership/privileges could be the cause of my not being able to print from this test VISTA machine over my LAN to the HP AIO printer which is connected directly via USB on my XP machine. But I can't change anything - I notice other things (e.g. share name) are grayed out...
March 13th 08 08:18 PM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 141
can i use pci-e 2.0 on a pci-e 1.0 mobo by Thomas[_6_]
hi i m going to buy a asus hd 3870x2 grapich card but i wounder if it would work with my k9n sli platinum? i think it is 1.0 pci e on that mobo and does any one know if you get less or more power on hd 3870x2 asuse , because there is two different version one with
March 13th 08 08:03 PM
by Thomas[_6_] Go to last post
6 203
dvd / cd drive not found by daz346
i have an advent k200 laptop which is 3 months old and is running vista. today i tried to listen to a cd on the cd drive but the cd drive is no longer there. i have looked in my computer and the device manager but it doesnt show the drive anymore. i have not downloaded or installed any new programmes. has anyone any ideas
March 13th 08 04:48 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
1 136
Problem Setting Up Network Printer via XP by gecko[_3_]
I am a new, just created, VISTA user. I have it installed on a test machine which is networked to a second machine which is XP PRO SP2. The networking is via a D-Link router. I have two printers, one an EPSON R320, the other AN HP PSC950 AIO. The EPSON is connected directly to the VISTA machine via USB. The HP is connected directly to the XP machine via USB. Each printer prints just fine from...
March 13th 08 01:00 PM
by gecko[_3_] Go to last post
0 153
Disable Direct 3D Accleration on Domain Member PCs by Gaurav
Sir/Madam, Please tell me a solution to disable Direct 3D Acceleration of all the PCs in my domain, Can i do the same using group policy.If how then reply me ASAP.So people can't play any game. -- Gaurav Khungar Microsoft Certified System Engineer MCP ID : 3158520
March 13th 08 10:03 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 207
Installing Printer by GFL4
Operating system is Vista Business 32. Printer is DeskJet882C. Windows recognizes there is a new device and searches for driver. Error message appears that it was unable to install driver. I go to HP site and locate printer and it says driver is already installed on machine. No help there. I let Windows find a solution. It comes back with a CH341 problem and points to a download. I...
March 13th 08 04:07 AM
by Bob Knowlden Go to last post
2 166
Bluetooth from notebook disconnects from my headset when ... by augustus_meyer
.... I close the window, which I left open after clicking on the blue/white Bluetooth icon in the system tray AND I enabling my headset. Or, in other words: I use the headset for IP-phone on my notebook, together with X-Lite. So to use my headset I have to click on the blue-white Bluetooth icon in the system tray, go to "Audio", where I see my device (only one) and connect to it. This works,...
March 13th 08 12:10 AM
by augustus_meyer Go to last post
0 145
DVD Drive won't read anything. by Edge
Hi, I recently upgraded to Windows Vista Home Premium x64, and now my DVD Drive won't read any discs at all. I ran into this once and managed to upgrade my firmware and it worked for about a week or so, then it started to not even pick up any cd's or dvd's i put in. When I try to access it depending on which it feels like, explorer will lock up and i'll have to restart to get it back to a...
March 12th 08 07:53 PM
by Edge Go to last post
0 129
Headset microphone by Fredrik
I would like to run a software where I'm supposed to use a headset and need to hear what I'm saying in the microphone in the headphones. The microphone is working, and so are the headphones, but I can't get the feedback. This is easyto solve in XP, but I can't find out how to do it in XP.
March 12th 08 06:55 PM
by jturpin1 Go to last post

From The