DVD Drives by bill
Seemingly lots of web traffic about vista not seeing dvd drives. I found a solution from microsoft. It was the regedit and change filters. This was for upper and lower. And was most often associated with a speciffic kodak program. So I did the change and found out the program using upper filters was dream scenes !! Seems I can modify the filters and use the dvd at the expense of dream...
May 26th 07 05:25 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 133
Vista: Driver_Power_State_Failure by HrundiBakshi
Running Vista, latest and greatest Ultimate w/all the frills and laces. No compromises (...or so I used to think). I keep getting this "Driver_Power_State_Failure" BSOD most of the times (always?) when I wake my computer out of sleep via mouse. I razed my computer, and went out and bought a new Microsoft mouse, just so nobody can complain that I am using a non-Microsoft mouse (the first one...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 26th 07 06:45 PM
by freddy Go to last post
11 267
DSC-P200 by Catbed
i have a dsc-p200 camera from sony. on their website they say it is compatible with vista and yet when i plug it in, it can't find drivers. there are none on sonys website.
May 26th 07 09:39 PM
by Neil Harley Go to last post
3 145
Error: oxc00007d by sparks99
Please help, I have vista home premium installed and decided to up my ram. I alraedy had 1gb 184pin 400mhz, and decided to add 2gb more. I installed the new ram but now when my system boots up I get the error FILE:CI.dll - STATUS: 0xc00007D Does anyone know how i can fix this
May 26th 07 10:52 PM
by freddy Go to last post
5 160
microsoft isnt working by blue06
microsoft keeps telling me its stoped working and its not finding solutions why i carnt access the control pannel, save my work or anything involving microsoft. i have found a couple of cookies on my computer. could this be the problem and how can i solve this obviously without accessing the control panel. please help. my software is microsoft vista home premium. -- blue06
May 26th 07 11:14 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 126
Ipaq Hx4700 and vista/outlook2007/mobile device centre by billd2439
Reading all these posts,there's some comfort in not being the only one with problems.I have vista ultimate,office 2007 and although the connection is there and it tells me that the sync is in progress it does'nt actually do anything.Anybody come up with the answer yet. PS its running on wm2005
May 26th 07 11:39 PM
by Insp Gadget Go to last post
1 140
Nvidia by boutells
I have the Nvidia graphics card and the manufacturer of the computer says there is a conflict with the Nvidia drivers and Vista that is causing my problem. The problem is that the mouse and keyboard will not wake the computer even though they are properly set to do so. Apparnetly, this is caused by the aforementioned conflict. Microsoft and Nvidia are supposed to be working on a patch but I...
May 27th 07 12:30 AM
by R. C. White [MVP] Go to last post
3 209
customizing keyboard buttons by tct
I would like to customize the buttons on the left of the keyboard (Help, Mail, Web, etc) but the process does not work. When I go to ConPanel and click on Keyboard and choose the buttons tab, none are listed nor do any appear when I hit default configuration. I cannot figure out how to turn on the feature. Only the Sleep button on the left is programmed to work. The speak on/off and...
May 27th 07 12:58 AM
by R. C. White [MVP] Go to last post
5 147
Erratic Mouse Behavior by RR2
I have three computers all running different versions of Windows Vista. On two of these computers, the mouse cursor will frequently jump to the side or the corner of the screen for no reason at all. With one computer in particular, the problem is happening more and more frequently. The mice I am using are all optical and the ones with the problem are both corded. Also, the two computers...
May 27th 07 01:57 AM
by RR2 Go to last post
4 134
EagleBit False Advertising by Koka
I bought a modem from these BOZOS who said it would work with Vista and it didn't. They refunded the product price but not the freight. BEWARE of this merchant! Koka
May 27th 07 05:02 AM
by Koka Go to last post
0 117
Blue screen microcom usb 56k travel/s by JP Du Plessis
Hello I have a microcom usb 56k travel/s witch i have use in Vista RC1 with no problems. Yesterday I upgrade (clean install) Vista Ultimate 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1. Now after I install the modem driver and reboot I get a blue screen. This goes on until I unplug the modem then every thing is fine.See mini dump Product Windows
May 27th 07 11:54 AM
by freddy Go to last post
5 105
Unwanted Pop-up when accessing msn explorer - see details by Aubrey
How can I get rid of the following: WINDOWS - NO DISK "Exception Processing Message )xc0000013 Parameters Ox75Ceo23c Ox84134Df4 Ox75CEO23C Ox75CEO 23C" Any solution please, I've been annoyed with problem since installing Vista Ultimate. Thank you Very Much -- Aubrey
May 27th 07 12:34 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 142
Base System Devices can not be determined in Vista Ultimate by PCfixinman
Hi, I bought Vista Ultimate Full Version & a new 100GB 7,200 RPM Hitachi for a Inspiron 6400.(I wanted to be able to trade out drives to use each system, instead of dual booting, due to issues I've seen with Vista's bootloader & XP) I downloaded all the Vista Hardware Drivers,(that there were anyway) for Vista 64-Bit, from The Dell download Site.
May 27th 07 01:15 PM
by PCfixinman Go to last post
2 153
microsoft explorer isnt working by blue06
freddy cheers the last post was very helpfull found out a few problems caused by norton anti virus and quicktime, but when i was looking through the sheet of problems it came up windows explorer(20) has stopped working and everything to do with explorer. why would this be happening. can you help me fix this problem please. -- blue06
May 27th 07 01:24 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 109
Memory how to use less? by Aaron
I understand that vista uses memory to store needed data for common programs but when you want to play games with only 1g of memory it doesnt work so well just wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of common program data to decrease memory usage ie to free up more ram? i have vista ultimate Thanks
May 27th 07 02:19 PM
by Conor Go to last post
4 133
After add in 1 gig memory Vista boot up slow and black screen. by Bec664
I just bought a DELL E521 PC with 1 Gig ram DDR2 5300 , decided to add 1 Gig more memory DDR2 4200 where from the old system, after install Vista boot up slow and black screen. After removing it no problem. Tested the system only run at 1 Gig, do I need to reinstall to recognise the ram.
May 27th 07 03:51 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
5 127
Can not scroll with laptop by April
The touchpad on my laptop will not let me scroll up and down in my windows and such and I tried looking through the settings to turn it on or something but I can't find anything.
May 27th 07 04:00 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 152
Vista Dual Head disabled by Peter Smith
I have been running Windows Vista Ultimate 64 with 3 monitors for some time (2-3 months). After downloading and installing Dream Scene trhough windows update I started running into problems. When I first tried to enable Dream Scene windows would disable Areo and drop back to Vista basic. I turned off my 2nd and 3rd display and then Dream Scene ran fine. However when I tried to re-enalbe...
May 27th 07 04:49 PM
by Peter Smith Go to last post
0 113
Visat 256Mb Video Card Recommendation by Dave
Can anyone recommend a 256MB video card fro 32-bit Vista that does not completely freeze up occasionally. I have a GeForce 7900 card that randomly locks up. Only a power off-on will get it going. I am not into gaming so a low to medium performance card is all I need. No overcloking needed.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 27th 07 06:32 PM
by Dave Go to last post
23 307
Does Vista partition an IDE ATA/133 HD differently than previously? by Captain Roberts
Ok, I just partitioned my second HD with Vista x86 into 3 Primary partitions. Now, I get errors with partition programs saying the sizes are incorrect. Before I "Fix" these errors, has something changed in the way Vista allocates space with the partition tables on drives?
May 27th 07 07:01 PM
by Captain Roberts Go to last post

From The