system restore after installing new software by George Mathias
in case if I install a new software, and later use an older system restore point, will I be able to come back and restore the system to the point when I installed the new software, will it show up on system restore. -- George Mathias
November 9th 09 05:31 PM
by George Mathias Go to last post
0 131
system restore not working by George Mathias
hi, on my friends laptop vista home basic, while trying to restore the system to previous points one gets an error stating "restore was unsuccessful, no changes have been made, please try again" In such a case what would one advice to do, And why it is showing such an error, possible causes. -- George Mathias
November 9th 09 10:47 AM
by George Mathias Go to last post
0 130
AGFA Snapscan scanner. by George Smith
Hi, I have an AGFA Snapscan e40 scanner. I cannot seem to find any drivers for this scanner which work with Vista. Has anybody managed to find any? Thanks. George.
November 16th 07 01:56 PM
by Dave Go to last post
2 100
Upgrade to RC1 by George Spiro
Hi, I am having trouble to get my drivers for my SATA to upgrade my current BETA 2 installation on my M400 Tablet. I am looking for the storage drivers for my SATA. Which seems to be a ICH7 Intel but I cannot find them anywere was anyone able to by pass this? Thanks, G.
September 12th 06 08:19 PM
by Olaf Krause Go to last post
6 180
Trouble with Vista GP to deploy printers by George Spiro
I am using Group policies to deploy printer. I use the following Group policy value: Computer Configuration - Windows Settings - Printer Connections and at that point I simply map the printer \\Server\SharedName Printer The problem occurs that all my HP laserjet 4350 dont want to install. So I tried to install it manually and I get the following error when I
July 20th 07 04:56 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 101
Dual Monitors Problem Help Request by George Trakker
I have a VISTA laptop and I've attached an additional monitor to allow for more desktop space. I've set them two monitors up with 1 as the laptop display and 2 as the adjacent flatscreen. The laptop screen is listed as the main screen, but the desktop icons move onto the adjacent monitor. If this extra monitors isn't on I don't have any of my desktop icons. ? What can I do to keep my desktop...
November 8th 08 02:03 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
3 348
True Image Cloning by George W. Barrowcliff
My 80gb Vista laptop is out of space, so I bought a 250gb drive and installed it in a USB 2.0 enclosure. I have tried both the True Image clone procedure and also partitioning the 250gb with 2 partitions then backing up the original drive to one of the partitions, replacing the 80 with 250 and tried to recover into the blank partition but no success. I get the cannot boot message and must...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 17th 09 04:20 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
17 466
Flash Drive Problem by George W. Barrowcliff
I bought a 2 gb Minnie Mouse Flash Drive. When I plug it in to the usb port two drives are shown as mounted. A 1 Gb drive is shown as "CD Drive (G:)Minnie" and the second 1 Gb is shown as a normal "Removable Disk (F:)" and operates as I would expect. The Minnie volume has two files, one an autorun.inf and the other is Minnie.exe, a 1 mb flash file that displays a screen full of Minnie mouse...
August 4th 08 04:38 PM
by George W. Barrowcliff Go to last post
2 174
Windows CE USB Devices driver issue by George Wen
I am experiencing issue with my windows mobile 6.1 phone while trying to connect to vista, I remembered that it was working a while ago. but now whenever I connect my phone to my pc, it start installing 'Windows CE USB Devices' driver and failed to find any suitable driver for it. does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks a lot....
February 22nd 09 11:53 PM
by george wen Go to last post
1 160
Vista asking for drivers for everything stotrage-related by [email protected]
Hi there, I'm running Vista Premium on a machine with 2 x Maxtor Diamondmax drives (IDE) and 2 x Seagate Barracuda drives (SATA). One of the IDE MAxtors recently failed so I sent back for a replacement. The replacement drive, a Maxtor DiamondMax 10 6L300R0, is recognised by Vista, but it asks for drivers...for a hard disk?! The disk shows up in Disk Management but the lack of drivers means I...
March 16th 07 04:27 PM
by Trac Go to last post
3 122
USB flash drive. can not copy file without losing properties by georgee55
i read an old post that discussed this issue but nothing seem to work. So, have some questions to clarify. I down loaded some MP3. Some will copy to a flash drive 2gb which is FAT, another 16gb is exFAT and copied without a hitch but some will not from the hard disk which is NTFS I have some 64gb flash drives and when I went from the NTFS HD to the 64gb. I lost lots of data and it corrupted...
December 1st 09 10:48 AM
by philo[_2_] Go to last post
2 256
USB flash drive. can not copy file without losing properties by georgee55
i read an old post that discussed this issue but nothing seem to work. So, have some questions to clarify. I down loaded some MP3. Some will copy to a flash drive 2gb which is FAT, another 16gb is exFAT and copied without a hitch but some will not from the hard disk which is NTFS I have some 64gb flash drives and when I went from the NTFS HD to the 64gb. I lost lots of data and it corrupted...
December 1st 09 07:04 AM
by georgee55 Go to last post
0 167
dvd drive is lost! by GeorgeGreece
I'm running vista ultimate 32 bit. last dayas i a dealing with a very strange issue... i turn on pc, everything works fine. Suddenly my dvd drive(nec)is lost from my computer icon and also, i cannot see it in device manager!!!making a restart is not solving the problem. The only way to see again the drive is to turn pc off, change sata port on drive and when i turn on again the pc it starts...
April 14th 08 06:23 PM
by GeorgeGreece Go to last post
5 197
HELP my pc cannot detect any drivers for new devices. by Georgio
It cant even see the drvers of simple devices like usb memory sticks!
June 28th 07 10:54 PM
by Jusin Go to last post
2 162
HP LaserJet1012 by Georgy Matua
Can anyone tell me what is going on with HP LaserJet 1012 driver 4 Vista? There is no driver at www.hp.com and also the Windows Vista update utility has the HP printer update but it fails to install.
July 1st 07 11:58 AM
by freddy Go to last post
4 99
How to initialize new HDD? Not found anywhere (as admin). by Gerald Abrahamson
Vista 64 Home Premium. Where is the tab/command to initialize (fdisk?) a new HDD? I am logged in as Administrator (system says so) with full control/permission. I can see the hard drives in the Device Manager/Disk Drives. All drives are "good" per the controller and I can see them as physical devices on the computer.
October 8th 09 08:54 PM
by lemur Go to last post
9 2,033
Vista 64 does not see drivers for SiI3132 PCIe card--have driver disk. by Gerald Abrahamson
First time with this problem, although have seen similar issues posted. System has been up and running since Nov, and have installed a variety of hardware and new software with few problems. Motherboard is Asus M2-R32-MVP w/AMD X2-5200, 4gb memory (2 x 2gb) and a 320 SATA HDD as C drive (200+gb free). Wanted to add eSATA storage box with four hard drives
May 14th 08 09:28 PM
by Gerald Abrahamson Go to last post
7 157
High monitor resolution options not available by Gerald Dalley
I have a Nokia 445xi that I've been using for years on Windows XP at 1600x1200. I just installed Windows Vista Ultimate, 64-bit on a new system. The display settings dialog only lets me select resolutions up to 1280x1024. I'm looking for ideas on how to get my 1600x1200 back. I know that the monitor can do 1600x1200 since I've been using it that way for years under XP Pro. I also plugged it...
June 28th 07 01:34 PM
by Gerald Dalley Go to last post
6 166
Does Vista support distinctive ring? by Gerald Friesen
Does the Windows Vista operating system support distinctive ring features for controller-less internal fax modems? If not, is there any solution for home users that want the computer to automatically answer all incoming faxes on a distinctive ring pattern but to ignore all voice calls on a reqular ring pattern?
February 24th 07 03:06 PM
by Gerald Friesen Go to last post
0 257
NX-6000 Microphone Volume under Vista by geraldf
Hi, I just bought a NX-6000 and I am using this under Vista. I have installed the new driver (V1.3) to get it working. When I use the WebCam under Messenger and Skype the mikrophone volume is so low, that the people on the other end can hardly hear me. All attempts to increase the volume did not change the results. any ideas?
April 20th 07 01:32 PM
by Jerry Hughes Go to last post

From The