anyone know a good DVD writing package for Vista (cheap or free?) by Gertrude Finklestien
Hello, in upgrading my fairly late model HP system to vista, I seem to have lost the old ROXIO CD writing software that came with it -- that is, it is no longer compatable. That package had one good feature which I miss, it could read and write ISOs to DVDs (and CDs). I was using PowerISO on Vista, which generally has some useful functiion (iti can mount virtual DVDs and so forth), but...
March 25th 07 06:16 AM
by Sylvain Lafontaine Go to last post
9 164
iPod and other USB devices not working with Vista by Gesswein
Hi, I have a Sony Vaio VGN-N325E with Vista Home Premium, and when I plugged in my Pen Drive(Sony Micro Vault USM-2GH), I kept getting messages saying drivers couldn't be found USB mass storage device could not be found. Now I try a downgrade to XP but with dual boot, because Vista do not recognise nothing. If anything have a sugestion to help me please write me.
November 22nd 07 02:48 PM
by Gesswein Go to last post
0 109
"take no action when this device is plugged in" by getsbaked
So I accidentally clicked the take no action button on auto play when I plugged my ipod in and now it will not show up on my computer or anything when I plug it in to my computer. I am running Windows Vista and have looked into my auto play settings and have not found a solution, my ipod does not show up in my computer either, it works fine on my laptop and I have tried it in every USB port...
February 6th 08 02:52 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
5 133
Ext HD triggers new device, Won't install by GettingOld
I have had recent problems installing external hd's on Vista 64. I have run into problems with USB2.0 as well as eSATA. The drive will appear under the device manager under "disk drives". But it triggers the new harware wizard, which can't load a driver, which leads to an unknown device being listed. Even when the unknown device is listed the drive still appears under "disk...
April 4th 08 11:08 PM
by el Stiko Go to last post
8 183
Does your mouse pointer move all on it's own? by Gezzer
I had a problem with my mouse pointer just a bit ago. It started with a install of ATI drivers 7.12 which disabled Aero on my XT800 GTO agp. When I ran the performance app, both my graphics ratings were 1.0, where with 7.8 drivers it was Desktop -5.9, Gaming-4.9. By the way, if you own a ATI AGP based card, don't bother with any drivers newer then 7.8 including the ones you can get from...
January 6th 08 12:38 PM
by Gary Mount Go to last post
1 95
Vista corrupted files by gfg
I can not defrag. or run restore. Dell tech. performed troubleshooting and said I had a few files which cannot be repaired by SFC/Scannow. Can CHKDSK/R repair the files. Will I have to take PC into a shop to have Vista reinstalled, or can I find and repair or delete corrupt files and individually reload those? -- g2
January 1st 08 09:34 PM
by gfg Go to last post
0 101
Installing Printer by GFL4
Operating system is Vista Business 32. Printer is DeskJet882C. Windows recognizes there is a new device and searches for driver. Error message appears that it was unable to install driver. I go to HP site and locate printer and it says driver is already installed on machine. No help there. I let Windows find a solution. It comes back with a CH341 problem and points to a download. I...
March 13th 08 03:07 AM
by Bob Knowlden Go to last post
2 166
where is the offical site for PowerData external 56K V.92/v.09 USB fax modem? by GG[_4_]
the box did not specify mark chip set: Conneant, smartlink, or Agere Vista so far display in devmgmt as unknown and the isntall disc misplaced by the type I got hold of it. model MOGE56002. both the USB cable and the single cables (rj something) are detachable form the modem. otherwise look more liek the one depicted in the middle of the box tioo any harm to try nay one of the chip set in...
September 15th 10 05:07 PM
by GG[_4_] Go to last post
0 438
Since install Vista RC1 I cannot see or access my DVD-ROM type dev by ghill0463.software1
Since I installed RC1 I cannot access my DVD-ROM, CD-RW, or DVD-RW drives. When I check the properties of the drives in Device Manager, this is the error message that I get: A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a...
October 7th 06 09:21 PM
by VR6CH Go to last post
2 134
hardware work with vista rc1 by ghislain
Amd atlon x2 3800+/asus motherboard A8nE/soundcard audigy2 platinum/graphiccard ATIpciexpress550x/2x512 ddr memory stick/hpdesjet3420/benQlightscribedvd recorder/ dvd lg reader/multicard reader,memorystick compacflash ect..
September 9th 06 05:53 PM
by ghislain Go to last post
0 435
MIDI by Ghislain
Hello, I lost something but what. My sound card works well, every sounds are OK but NO MORE all files.mid: immediately blue screen and restart! I use Windows Media 11 What to do? Thak you for your help
March 2nd 07 10:39 PM
by Ghislain Go to last post
0 405
tv@nywhere plus by ghislain
All right this tv tuner work with vista rc1 5600 but the remote control don't work
September 26th 06 03:10 AM
by ghislain Go to last post
0 149
network printer install by ghislain
to share my experience with you,itry to install share printer on laptop call beebee to my computer called starduss (vista rc1 )i have to stay in front of starduss for a 6min for enjoy my new shared printer ,by opposition i installed this same network printer on another computer(premis) network xp in 2min timed.I thing microsoft have to work on speed of vista configuration who is very slow...
September 12th 06 07:43 PM
by ghislain Go to last post
0 231
My dvd drive on my dell studio 17 is no longer seen by vista by Ghost 36
I have a Dell studio 17 laptop that no longer reconise the dvd drive, I was told that a solution existed on the Microsoft knowadge site and when I followed what it said I found that the registry entry for the dvd drive had been deleted. I have e-mailed microsoft tech support about half a dozen time asking how to correct this problem and I have heard nothing from them. Please does anybody...
October 4th 09 04:02 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
2 135
Need help with ATT USB 881 Sierra Wireless by Ghost Hunter
When I plug in the Wireless USB device into the USB port, Everything locks up. Works great with XP. ATT&T has no answer. Any help would be appreciated. This is on a NEW HP Desktop computer. Everything else works fineThanks: Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
September 22nd 08 09:06 AM
by Cyberwolf[_2_] Go to last post
2 263
problem with 5.1 sound by ghoster87
I've just installed vista 5536 onto my PC which has an ASUS p5nd2 motherboard with an onboard realtec AC97 sound card. For some reason i don't get any sound through my rear speakers, even when i set the configuration to 5.1 speakers it doesn't work. I've installed the latest realtec vista BETA driver, and also the ones with my motherboard, but no luck.... Anyone have any clue whats...
August 30th 06 03:43 PM
by ghoster87 Go to last post
0 510
Nvidia 5600 by Ghosty
First of all Sorry for my english ^^ If any of you have the time to help me it woud be great because here is the problem i have a Nvidia Gforce 5600 256mb (agp) and it just won't work proper under windows vista ultimate 32bit version. I tried alot of drivers even unofcial once(*23 versions of drivers*) and stil no luck to instal the card succecfull
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 14th 07 12:40 AM
by Tony Go to last post
13 362
sd slot no longer reads... by GIA08
Had to re-boot entire laptop, since then the sd reader slot in computer doesn't work. I have tried different cards but when place in slot nothing happens. Please help. I have a Toshiba Satalite with Vista home Premium.
April 28th 09 12:43 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
9 239
Change primary display by Gian Maria.
Hi to everyone. I run windows vista home premium on toshiba laptop and an external monitor. Everything runs fine until yesterday I inserted a 2GB SD card and enabled ready boost. The system hang and I was forced to do a brute shutdown. When I restart I found that windows now use external monitor as primary display. I went to display settings and change settings to make laptop display as the...
March 28th 07 02:01 AM
by Gian Maria. Go to last post
0 105
USB Ports not working by giarcza
Hey, hope someone can help me.... I have installed vista on my laptop, re-installed the utilities for the motherboard, but when I try and use the usb ports they do not pick up any of my portable devices, e.g: my usb modem, I plug it in and the light flashes(proving the power is coming through) yet the autoplay doesn't start or the new hardware found icon does not pop up. Under device manager...
June 24th 08 01:18 PM
by giarcza Go to last post

From The