Vista won't use older driver! by Prometheus Xex[_2_]
I updated my LAN adapter with new driver from manufacturer. Four days later something went wrong and I had to try to revert to older driver but it was gone for some reason. Even my older restore setting are gone. The only restore I see is 4 for that day. I tried to get older driver from mfg site and when I try to install, Vista says current is the best and won't use old. I tried deleting...
March 3rd 08 06:23 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 130
Seeking explanation for 512MB 'NVCACHE' partition entry by a.k.a.[_2_]
Greetings, everyone! There's a mystery drive partition on my system. Can anyone please confirm what it's used for/by? I'm running a triple boot of Server x64 RC2, Vista x64 SP1 RC, and Vista x86, installed on two internal hard disk drives. These are SATA drives, but not hybrids. They both have 8MB caches. (One is a Samsung HM250JI. The other is a Hitachi TravelStar 7K100.) I also have 1GB...
March 3rd 08 01:36 AM
by a.k.a.[_2_] Go to last post
4 142
speakers by sarahsmommy104
i am looking for usb or wireless speakers to use with my dell laptop. i checked out the Boynq Vase Speakers, but i am not sure if they will work with vista, i could not located any tech specs that said it would work with vista. does any one have any reccomendations?
March 3rd 08 01:18 AM
by Bob Knowlden Go to last post
1 150
Uninstall Nokia PCSuite by Lisa65
I am new to Windows Vista and previously had Windows XP which I had Nokia PCSuite on. I have now installed this on Vista only to realise that it is probably not compatible (as it will not find my mobile)which is fine, however I have not got a clue how to uninstall it as it does not appear in the Programs and Features in order to be able to uninstall it. Just hoping that some kind person who...
March 2nd 08 11:53 PM
by Lisa65 Go to last post
2 161
Logitech quick cam by arshad
Hi All I am running widows vista home premium 32bit & NIS 2007 on a Q6600 machine. My old logitech quick cam which used to work fine with XP is not being detected by its new vista software version 11.5.0.1169. Widows does detect it but fails to install it from its update. Can some one p. suggest a solution. Thanks. -- Arshad
March 2nd 08 09:55 PM
by Rodney Farmer Go to last post
3 144
Strange DVD Drive problem by Possum[_2_]
I have an ND-3650A DVD/RW drive. I have been running Vista Home Premium 32-bit and the drive worked. Yesterday, I booted to a Vista Ultimate 64-bit DVD and installed it in a dual-boot configuration. I downloaded 50 Windows Updates and installed several programs from installation files that had previously been copied to hard drive. Then I attempted to install a program from the DVD drive and...
March 2nd 08 09:55 PM
by Possum[_2_] Go to last post
0 108
my laptop mic is not working by riyo
how i m going to refix this no internal and external mic is working please help alsoi lost my BIOS password can anyone help me fix this as well i.e. how to recover a a lost password
March 2nd 08 09:10 PM
by That Guy[_2_] Go to last post
1 113
blue csreen by david
i get a blue screen when i boot up...the error is #3 and says that my panda process protection service isnt started..when i try and start it the device is missing and i cant find it
March 2nd 08 08:48 PM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 114
ATI 3870 being reported as X1900 series card by Jer
Hi, First of all my rig: ASUS Commando Core 2 Duo E6600 3 Gig Kingston PC6400 RAM Sapphire 3870 Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 2 320 Gig Seagate SATA II Drives
March 2nd 08 06:52 PM
by flambe Go to last post
1 122
SB X-Fi sound not working with Vista by Brad
I recently upgraded to windows vista and my SD X-Fi no longer works. I've gone through every setting possible but there is no sound. Is there some special driver I need? Suggestions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 2nd 08 05:45 PM
by Brad Go to last post
10 241
blue screen at startup by david
I get bluescreen when i login it blinks 3 times the first one lasts about 5 sec. what could cause this
March 2nd 08 04:13 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 112
blue screen by david
March 2nd 08 03:50 PM
by .Joe[_11_] Go to last post
1 120
Problems with USB by mikerzz
Whenever I try to connect an USB device to any of my ports, it reads it, but it does not open it in autoplay.. then i try to manually open it in my computer but when i click on it it says it needs format, and when i want to format it, it says that it was unable to format it... this happens with my USB memory (1gb sony), my ipod, and it also happens on my card reader with a sony memory...
March 2nd 08 03:26 PM
by .Joe[_10_] Go to last post
1 127
blue screen by david
my computer notifies me of error 3 which is panda process protection service. this service isnt starting. when i try to start it it is missing a device. i cant find or download this device. this is the cause of my blue sceen
March 2nd 08 03:19 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 135
DVD Drive Problem by CP Illinois
I have a new Toshiba Satellite X205-SLi1, and I cannot play DVDs, CDs or install software via the CD/DVD player. When I launch the player, an error message reads "The specified drive cannot be located. Check the settings by going to Settings -Action settings -Source, or otherwise check that the drive has been properly connected to the PC." When I go to "Settings," the "Source" option is...
March 2nd 08 02:27 PM
by Bob F.[_4_] Go to last post
3 136
ATI Radeon 1950 Pro drivers won't run in Windows Vista by Mike
I keep getting a message ' Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 43.' I've got a dual boot system and this runs perfectly well in XP pro, I've tried installing different drivers and uninstalling the hardware etc. I've tried running the hotfix drivers from the sapphire website...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 2nd 08 02:14 PM
by Brink Go to last post
11 239
Can't access 2nd HDD by Drew
Just upgraded the computer by adding new motherboard, RAM, CPU and installing Vista 64 Home Basic. I cannot access my 2nd HDD in windows but windows can see it in the Device Manager and I can see it in my motherboards BIOS section also. Can anyone suggest a fix? I don't want to format the drive because I need all the info on there, that's why I had the second drive for storage. Thanks in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 2nd 08 02:05 PM
by Bob F.[_4_] Go to last post
23 460
Intermittent CallerID info from Vista by Growler
I am using a USR 5699b modem with the latest Vista driver. Sometimes I get callerid info, sometimes not. All the same calls show up fine on my home callerid phones. The modem log appears consistent with what I am seeing. The calls with callerid info show as such in the log. The ones without do not have the information. Any tips on getting this information on every call?
March 2nd 08 09:59 AM
by Growler Go to last post
0 116
External hard disk by Norbert Vercammen[_2_]
It's indeed an USB drive and I didn't change the location.
March 2nd 08 09:23 AM
by Norbert Vercammen[_2_] Go to last post
0 119
Canon 400 D & vista ultimate 64 bit by Corrie
under device manager the camera is detected as a portable device (Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL) as a result my EOS utility software from canon does not detect the camera. the camera is listed under Imaging devices on windows XP, and the EOS utility is working correctly. Im using the standard Generic driver provided by microsoft, is there a way to change the display name from portable device to...
March 2nd 08 01:30 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post

From The