Sound Card Vista Drivers by [email protected]
I have an msi neo2 865pe that has the on board sound with the digital outputs.(C-media audio onboard) I have never used these before so this is foreign ground to me. I want to get the full 5.1 feel via this output but i don't know if the drivers aren't correct or what the issue is but I can only get stereo coming out of this output. Anyone have any idea on how to get this working? Thanks.
March 1st 08 10:07 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 195
I've got a serious problem with my computer by Thaddeus
Right so, today while playing the steam based game team fortress 2, my recently bought dell computer crashed, The game went to desktop and then Windows Vista OS64Bit crashed. Anyway i tried to reboot the computer and it froze at the dell screen for about 5 minutes, then it went to a black screen with this symbol - Flashing, Then it turns up with
March 1st 08 09:54 PM
by Bob Harris Go to last post
2 161
Headset HS850 (bluetooth) and Vista by Antônio Castro
Hi. I have a Motorola Headset model HS850 and I wood like to know if I can connect it with my notebook with bluetooth. I have Windows Vista Ultimate. Thanks. Bye.
March 1st 08 09:36 PM
by Antônio Castro Go to last post
0 156
display red screen by luke
I installed need for speed most wanted but i lost cd key so i went online and got one when i intalled game it asked me to install direct x 9 i said yes, i have a xfx geforce 8600 gt, xfx 680i mobo and a intel dual core cpu everthing has been working fine until i tired to install this game. My problem is that everthing is red i can still see everthing and it all works but its all with a red...
March 1st 08 05:16 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
1 157
Canon EOS Rebel XTi/EOS 400D digital by vadi
"The problem was caused by a compatibility issue between Window Vista an EOS 400D". I have a Gateway GT5464 Desktop Computer with Window Vista (32bit) which Canon Inc. tells me should have PTP Picture Transfer Protocol installed.I have downloaded the latest and recommended software from Canon and still the computer ignores the camera.-----Is there something else that I am missing and where...
March 1st 08 05:09 PM
by KevinP Go to last post
8 385
hard drive problems by valhalla
ok heres my problem ive just got a new machine running ultimate x64, the main hard drive is a sata drive no problems with this . ive also got a samsung hd400ld ata (400 gb) ive put this in the machine and reformatted it (ntfs) its done this ok but now its showing one partition and its saying that its only 31.50 gb, i would epect to lose some space but not 360gb, can someone plz point me in...
March 1st 08 04:54 PM
by valhalla[_3_] Go to last post
3 186
Screen goes blank with Vista + ATI Radeon by Megandy
I have a problem with my system. Randomly, my computer screen goes blank while I am in the middle of something (typically writing a paper since I'm in grad school). It happens as quickly as 2 hours back to back. Once the screen goes blank, the computer does not enter hibernation or anything, nor can I get the blank screen to go away by any combination of key pressing or mouse movement. I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 1st 08 03:32 PM
by Blake Go to last post
29 583
cd-rom not found by claret1882
Just playing football manager 2008 through DVD drive when I got an error message and the game crashed. Now Vista can't find the dvd drive. Please Help!!! Need it to save work for Uni
March 1st 08 03:06 PM
by ALVARO DE CASTRO VASCONCELLOS Go to last post
1 135
Blue Screens, bad ram? help??? by huludicidal
i'm running 64 bit vista ultimate, intel quad core q6600 cpu, gigabyte ga-p35-ds3l motherboard, 700w psu, 512mb 8800gt, and 2x1g of crucial ballistix ddr2-1066 (pc2-8500) ram... i just built this thing and have been getting nonstop bluescreens. i bumped up the voltage to my ram to 2.2 volts and it helped things for awhile but am getting constant blue screens again. the results from the...
March 1st 08 02:56 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 135
external hard disk by Norbert Vercammen
hard disk at first worked properly, assigned a new drive letter to it, worked three days. After that it wasn't shown anymoer. Went to disk control. Is now assigned as disk 3, unknown. How do I access this dive?
March 1st 08 02:42 PM
by Wolfe, Robert Go to last post
1 110
Partition C: by Al
I have an HP Media Center computer with two 320G hard drives. The boot drive crashed, replaced it and ran the restore disks, but when Windows re-started the HP restoration software had partioned C: as a small (48G) drive, with the rest of the drive unallocated. Looks like it also mirrored the primary logical disk (0) onto the secondary disk (1). I extended the unallocated partition on the...
March 1st 08 11:26 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 125
Intel Turbo Memory Card: This device cannot start. Code 10 by GoHack
Hi, I just installed an Intel Turbo Memory Card, together w/Intels very latest driver, on my Gateway P-6831 FX laptop w/the Vista Home Premium OS. It appears not to be working. Under the Device Manager, under the Storage Controllers, The Intel Turbo Memory Controller, has a Yellow mark, indicating a problem, under which the Device Status says: The device can not start. (Code 10).
March 1st 08 08:13 AM
by GoHack Go to last post
2 147
Processor upgrade stops tuner working by Dave C
I have upgraded my processor and now get error message. "digital cable device registration application stopped working and was closed" I cannot now use my Tuner. If I put back in my old processor it goes away and |Tuner works. If I put in an earlier processor I had before windows Vista Ultimate upgrade I get same message. I seems only the processor i upgraded Vista with works. CAn any one...
March 1st 08 06:38 AM
by kush Go to last post
3 141
Bluetooth Device Mngr Missing from Vista Ult Control Panel/Hardwar by Mark Haas
I have a new Dell with factory installed Vista Ultimate edition. I'm trying to connect bluetooth keyboard and mouse with some difficuly. Vista Help points me to Control Panel/Hardware/Bluetooth Configuration but Bluetooth Config is not there and I can't find it anywhere else in Control Panel. I checked my wife's Vista build and the icon and app is there. Dell's help desk first said I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 1st 08 06:01 AM
by kanderstag Go to last post
12 228
Window scan and fax cannot run. by Simon Eng
I'm using vista business. I have a problem when i open Window scan and fax, it show error, "window fax and scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents folder. Please ensure window fax and scan can access that folder." Can anyone tell me how to solve. Thanks
March 1st 08 05:24 AM
by Simon Eng Go to last post
0 130
Ultimate 64 not functioning with 8G ram by innecesario
Hi Folks, My machine works well with 4G ram, but I use lots of memory hogging apps at once, as well as virtual machines, so I thought I would try another 4G ram. MB is P35DS3R and I have 4 sticks of 2G A-Data 800. As soon as the extra ram is put in, the machine takes a very long time to boot and is functionally unusable. In msconfig Boot Advanced Options, Maximum memory is unticked. If I tick...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 1st 08 04:08 AM
by innecesario[_12_] Go to last post
26 524
System Restore Including Documents by Laura
Can you do a System Restore that restores everything including all documents? I have a software program that is not working any more and I think it is a document - can I do a restore that deletes documents to the date of restore? Any help would be much appricated!
March 1st 08 02:32 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 143
MS Keyboard Issue by Kris[_4_]
I have a MS wireless keyboard and mouse combo that works perfect however with one small error. WITH THE NUMBER LOCK ON the number keys do not work, if I press the 5 key on the number pad it acts like the right click button on the mouse. I WITH THE NUMBER LOCK OFF the keys work correctly. I know the keyboard works properly with other computers so it is not the keyboard/ mouse combo. The...
March 1st 08 02:20 AM
by Kris[_4_] Go to last post
0 129
Enable Touch Pad by nascimto
I have disabled my touch pad through the Fn feature that appears at the top of the screen. I have not been able to enable it back. I have used the Fn function with the gray writing and it will work for some features such as mute on/off and brightness but the symbol for touch pad does not work. Please advise how to enable. In devices, it shows as enabled. Thanks,
March 1st 08 12:24 AM
by nascimto Go to last post
0 128
intermittent hard-drive noises by John A Grandy
I just bought a Toshiba Satellite X205-SLi4 with Windows Vista Ultimate. The hard-drive seems to never shut up. These are very soft noises, and are really only audible when in a room with no other noise ( unless you put your ear up against the case ). I'm a little concerned because every laptop hard drive I've ever had fail started by making intermittent noises ... which progressively got...
February 29th 08 11:35 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post

From The