SATA Drive problems in Device Manager by ChrisP
My 320 GB Seagate 7200.10 SATA shows in Vista Device Manager as "Having a problem". Clicking "Hardware" Tab makes the tab disappear, and upon Reboot I get the message that NTFS is corrupted and the DSKCHK has to be performed. It happens every time after I boot into 64-bit Vista. I am running 32-bit XP on the came physical drive, but in the different partition, and XP has no problem...
September 19th 06 05:21 PM
by ChrisP Go to last post
0 123
PCI to PCI Bridge not enough resources by labigbee
I have an ASUS p5rd1-vm mainboard with a nvidia geforce 6200 graphics card. I upgraded to Windows Vista from a XP SP2 operating system. I now get an error showing I do not have enough resources for my pci to pci bridge that runs my graphics card. I am in VGA Save mode and cannot get my PCI Express graphics card to work. If I disable it and use the onboard graphics card everything is OK,...
September 19th 06 05:56 PM
by labigbee Go to last post
0 121
Dell PE 1800 CERC SATA RAID by James @ Castel
I have attempted to install vista build 5600 x86 on a brand new dell poweredge 1800 with SATA RAID. The install ran through the first reboot. After that, it continuously resets when trying to startup the operating system. The screen is completely black; although sometimes you get a hint of a progress bar. Any ideas? James
September 19th 06 07:47 PM
by Todd Go to last post
1 116
Helllp....driver needed ASAP by Mike H
Does anyonw know where I can download Win vista drivers for belkin 802.11b PCI wireless network card?
September 19th 06 07:49 PM
by Mike H Go to last post
2 177
ZIP Drive by Mark Hoss
Is there any way to have Vista (Build 5384) recognize my Iomega ZIP drive?
September 19th 06 08:45 PM
by PaulB Go to last post
7 416
PPC6700 by J Petta
I know that Active Sync is not recognized now by Vista and that I can sync Files and Media. However, how do I install apps that run from the PC and require AS to install. Also how do I backup Outlook data. I am useing PPC6700 (not recognized in Device Manager) Vista RC1 x64, and Office Beta 2007
September 19th 06 09:31 PM
by J Petta Go to last post
0 263
Mainboard drivers installed? by Seref Unal
Hi everyone, RC1 intallers, Are you installing mainboard inf files after the comletion of RC1? That will help very much the device recognition of Vista. -- Žeref Ünal
September 19th 06 10:26 PM
by PaulB Go to last post
1 121
Question for dm00ney by
You said you have 5.1 and EAX working on RC1. Are you saying with Windows media player you get sound out of 5 speakers? I tried your tip, but the only time I get 4 speaker sound (4.1 setup) is using the sound test. Are you using an analog connection to your speakers? Thanks for any input.
September 19th 06 10:54 PM
by Go to last post
0 203
Mouse & Keyboard drivers/programs by Sam Steinhauser
My Natural Keyboard Pro works fine with no installation of drivers. All of the buttons work! My Intellimouse Explorer can't use it's 5 buttons and I'm needing them bad. Is there anyway to get Intelimouse to work in Vista? -- Sam
September 19th 06 11:28 PM
by Ed. Go to last post
5 139
Audio Device/Microphone - not working by DaveG
Microphone Drivers, Just did a clean install of Win Vista RC1. Windows Vista Ultimate Dell Inspiron 1300, Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor 1.40 GHz , 128MB video card, 1GB RAM 80 GB HD. 32-bit OS. I passed the compatibility test before i installed it. I have a system rating of 1.0 in the windows experience index. I am unable to use my microphone. when i try to go to , windows speak...
September 20th 06 12:47 AM
by DaveG Go to last post
0 124
X-FI creative soundCard \ wirelless usb adapter alcatel 121g 802.1 by Mafra
i have install Windows Vista RC1 64 bit but i have 2 problems first creative X fi drivers and i already look in creative web site but the driverĀ“s dont work. And most amazing is the wirelless usb adapter dont work, and i canĀ“t find driverĀ“s for this, in Win. XP sp2 i never install any driver for this device just plug in. If any one want to help Ps thankĀ“s
September 20th 06 12:49 AM
by Mafra Go to last post
0 120
Toshiba Tecra M1 Video - Trident Cyber-XP4 Adapter by ken
Has anyone seen information on a Vista Compatible driver for the Trident Cyber-XP4 Adapter to be used on a Toshiba M1? A standard install of RC1 brings the video up as Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. Thanks.
September 20th 06 01:00 AM
by ken Go to last post
0 156
vista don't recongize 4 gigs of system memory by billbrasky
Same deal here. My BIOS and Linux both see all 4GB of RAM, but Vista (x86) only sees 3GB of it. I'm also experiencing lots of BSODs with "MEMORY MANAGEMENT" errors. If I remove 2GB, everything works just fine... "geo85706" wrote: Vista does not see the extra gig of memory, i have 4 1 gig ddr400 memory installed and the motherboard sees it but vista don't. -- geo
September 20th 06 01:08 AM
by billbrasky Go to last post
0 112
vista don't recongize 4 gigs of system memory by billbrasky
Same deal here. My BIOS and Linux both see all 4GB of RAM, but Vista (x86) only sees 3GB of it. I'm also experiencing lots of BSODs with "MEMORY MANAGEMENT" errors. If I remove 2GB, everything works just fine... "geo85706" wrote: Vista does not see the extra gig of memory, i have 4 1 gig ddr400 memory installed and the motherboard sees it but vista don't.
September 20th 06 01:08 AM
by billbrasky Go to last post
0 118
Vaio t150 display issue - Firefox shakes by Kittie
I know this sounds funny but New web tabs in Firefox 1.5.0.2 (?) Shake like there is an earthquake. If you open up enough it goes away for a while but comes back. Is it display driver? or Firefix? I hate the new IE7 by the way.
September 20th 06 01:09 AM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
2 121
HSP56 Micromodem by PaulB
I have this modem installed with VISTA RC1 and XP Home. I was able to find a driver on the following site that works. I hope it is okay to show the link. http://www.techspot.com/drivers/index/file/information/1339 -- Paul
September 20th 06 01:26 AM
by PaulB Go to last post
0 138
Lost Video display - Cannot see anything by RickALO
Intryingtoresolve a video driver issue,I have lost all display display...sowhen the system reboots, I only have a black screen... I have tried restarting in safe mode, reduced display, and even restoring to an old load point.. nothing works.. when I reinstall the Vista cd to reload, it says it will wipe out all data when it reloads... any suggestions on alternative ways to get my display...
September 20th 06 01:33 AM
by momalle1 Go to last post
1 155
USB hard drives can't be removed, BY DESIGN! by Norman Diamond
I installed Vista RC1 in a notebook, connected a USB hard drive, copied a file from the USB hard drive to the internal hard drive, and then clicked on the icon in the notification area (system tray) to ask for permission to disconnect the USB hard drive. Permission denied. Repeated it several times, asking for permission to safely remove the USB hard drive, being denied. I submitted a bug...
September 20th 06 01:47 AM
by PaulB Go to last post
5 386
Vista x64 finally up on RAID (nForce4) ... by Jon Davis
Well, after at least twenty or so failed or invalid installs of Windows Vista, I finally got Windows Vista x64 installed straight to my RAID array (nForce4). I had tried every combination ... boot with DVD, insert CD-ROM or USB drive or floppy with RC1 drivers or Beta 2 drivers or XP x64 drivers ... install XP x64 on secondary hard drive or extended partition, boot from it, then install...
September 20th 06 01:51 AM
by Bill Go to last post
6 209
Dell Dimension XPS Gen 5 Issues by Tom
No sound at the moment. Device driver shows I have a problem with multimedia audio controller. I also show a problme with PCI input device Any suggestions? I have tried letting it search the windows.old folder and the Dell device driver CD without luck.
September 20th 06 03:16 AM
by Ed Go to last post

From The