  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Advansys ASC3030 by RF
I need a driver for SCSI Advansys ASC3030
February 10th 07 04:00 PM
by RF Go to last post
0 488
Advansys SCSI Host Adaptor by stu
Hi, Vista wouldn't upgrade until I removed the subject PCI card. Anyone know of a Vista compatable driver. Google hasn't helped so far. Thanks
February 12th 07 07:09 PM
by hamish72 Go to last post
2 184
Advisory Tool is a Joke!!!! by Scott Micale
Ok so I wanted to install Vista on my home PC so I ran the Advisory tool and it says I should load Home Premium. It scans my system and says my computer will run Vista, but list a few devices that will need to be taken care of. It says I will need to install a CD/DVD burner because my CD rom won't work after the install. Not sure why it is saying that because I have a DVD-Rom in my system now...
February 12th 07 06:20 AM
by Ken Zhao [MSFT] Go to last post
2 132
adware by keystonepat
-- keystonepat
April 9th 08 11:27 AM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
5 210
Aero & GeForse 6600 by KeithO
Okay, I know the guys in the States have nothing to do with Pacard Bell BUT..... I have a PB Easynote W7621 laptp. PB do not have any drivers for Vista at all, as far as I can see on their web site. Although Vista downloaded the updated drivers for my GeForce 6600 (256MB) and now my system runs fine in all resolutions..... How do I get it to run Aero?
September 12th 06 10:41 PM
by Aero & GeForse 6600 Go to last post
3 195
Aero and Intel Graphics Cards by crosswalker21
I tried to install Vista on my laptop which has an Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME graphics controller. I was booted into the "basic" version of windows Vista so I couldn't see the snazzy aero interface. What I'm wondering is if there's any way to make my graphics card support pixelshader 2.0(which was the only reason, according to the upgrade advisor, that I couldn't view aero) or if that's a...
September 1st 06 09:59 PM
by Cameron Go to last post
2 565
Aero effects stopped on upgrade from beta 2 to RC1 by Simon
I installed beta 2 on a laptop with X300 graphics and the Aero UI was working nicely with transparent glass frames, 3D windows switcher, etc, upgraded to RC1 and its gone back to basics. I've updated the driver from Windows Update and still nothing? Why did it change? Have MS increased the minimum hardware requirements and stopped it deliberately?
December 1st 07 03:30 PM
by sleepyhollow[_2_] Go to last post
3 114
Aero function by Huib
Hi forum, To use the Aero-functie i am reading that special hardware is required. I cannot find what this hardware is: a separte chip or is a 256 / 512 video-Ram already ok? Thanks Huib
February 19th 07 01:57 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 154
Aero glass by Carl
Yesterday I installed the Pre- RC 1 on my computer, and after the instalation, the 'Aero Glass' was enabled. But when I got to my Performance Rating (wich was 2.3) and clicked 'Update my Rating', the Aero-feature disabled, and my rating didn't change at all? What happened? Can this be enabled again? (By the way: when I tryed to get in the 'Visual Appearence' menu, it was also disabled, I...
September 4th 06 07:42 PM
by Marcos Ramos Go to last post
1 570
aero gone!!! by Daniel Stevenson
when I first installed Vista Home Premium I was running a 128Mb Geforce 6600GT PCIx video card. Aero was happening and everything was fine and dandy. However after upgrading to a 640Mb Geforce 8800GTS the Aero interface has disappeared completely. I have installed the 100.25 nvidia drivers. Is there any way of getting the interface back without reinstalling?
April 1st 07 10:58 PM
by daniel stevenson Go to last post
5 131
Aero needs 16bit to work. using Nvidia 6200 by Roy DB
Just got my card for a song. Installed but no Aero on either Nvidia's driver or the MS WDDM (4.3 for Graphics). I did all the steps, activated windows, looked at Windows Color and Apperance but Aero was not listed. Played around and rebooted every time. What I was missing was my color depth was at 16bit, cranked it to 32bit and all aero glass is working. Looks quite nice. Works on both...
September 22nd 06 06:21 AM
by Roy DB Go to last post
0 141
Aero not an option? PC is capable by juancho
I have a HP Pavillion DV2000T. 2.16 Intel Core, 128MB Nvidia Force 7200, 2 GB RAM etc. In the Appearance and settings i do not have the option for aerio, only Vista Basic. I have followed the instructions in the Windows Help file.... and the nvidia drivers are up to date. Any suggestions? ( display settings are 32bit, refresh rate is 60hz, theme is windows vista....) Appearance...
September 16th 06 10:31 AM
by Carol Steele Go to last post
4 156
Aero not enabled? by Neural Beast
Hi, Running Vista Ultimate 32Bit, scores are as follows: CPU - 4.3, Ram - 4.5, Graphics - 5.9, Gaming - 4.9, HDD - 5.2. I am running a ATI Radeon X800GT, With a 3.2Ghz P4 CPU and a gig of DDR2 Memory, no matter what I do I am not getting an option for Aero in Windows Color and Apperance. Has anyone got any ideas???? Thanks
February 25th 07 04:01 PM
by JW Go to last post
5 294
Aero on GeForce Go 7600 by machanic
Hi, When I got my laptop Aero was enabled by default. But because its's very slow and sluggish I decided to turn it off. Now when I go to enable it it's not there. I have updated my video drivers before. Also my GFX card is nVidia GeForce GO 7600 256MB. I think this software might be stopping it but I dont know: TWEAKVI. All help is appreciated
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 4th 07 01:33 PM
by dean-dean Go to last post
13 191
Aero Performance on older DirectX 9 AGP adapter with Vista RTM (Nvidia FX5200, Radeon 9500) by Gilles Vollant \(MVP\)
Hello, can we have an idea of aero Performance on older DirectX 9 AGP adapter with Vista RTM (Nvidia FX5200, Radeon 9500) ? In my experience on beta 2, aero performance was good on Radeon 9550 (which is probably one of the less powerfull ATI Radeon DirectX9 chip), but slower and not smooth on Nvidia FX 5200 (which is probably one of the less powerfull Nvidia DirectX9 chip).
December 22nd 06 04:52 AM
by Gilles Vollant \(MVP\) Go to last post
2 223
Aero question by mac
I am upgrading the video card so I get Aero. Everything else in the PC is OK for running aero: 1 Gig HD, Sempron 3000, etc.... Question: Once I put the video card in: will the Aero option show automatically? Thanks, mac
May 15th 07 06:12 AM
by BigJim Go to last post
2 106
Aero turning off and on when I go to this site: by Rich[_5_]
http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/crossword/index.html My two screens go black for a few seconds and then come back but not with aero enabled until I close that window. I've tried this in FF 2 and IE with Vista Enterprise with the same results. I have an Nvidia 8800GTS 512 card and thought I was on top of the pack with this card but still have this aero flashing is unsettling. So my...
May 21st 08 05:15 PM
by propman[_2_] Go to last post
1 151
Aero will not function by news.bell.newshosting.com
Anyone have any luck finding a 3D driver for on board Intel 915GM/GMS/910GML Or any other suggestions? Gerry
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 22nd 07 06:18 PM
by JW Go to last post
15 203
Aero, three monitors, and 1600 x 1200 by Super1
Can Aero run on 3 monitors at 1600 x 1200? I have tried 4 different video cards, all of them very capable and as soon as I set the 3rd screen (could be any of them) to 1600 x 1200 I loose aero. I am using drivers from the manufacturers website. I am using high quality video cards. Any ideas?
February 7th 07 06:05 PM
by Super1 Go to last post
1 168
After add in 1 gig memory Vista boot up slow and black screen. by Bec664
I just bought a DELL E521 PC with 1 Gig ram DDR2 5300 , decided to add 1 Gig more memory DDR2 4200 where from the old system, after install Vista boot up slow and black screen. After removing it no problem. Tested the system only run at 1 Gig, do I need to reinstall to recognise the ram.
May 27th 07 03:51 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post

From The