wireless connection by reni
my dv6000 notebook running on vista os does not connect to the linksys router.it detects the signal but then it looses the ip after some time.i have checked disabling the ipv6 but does not help.any ideas?
June 5th 07 05:40 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
6 207
Changing display settings via registry by Hiren Mehta
How to change the display settings(namely,the screen area/resolution (in pixels) and the color depth(in bits) by using the registry) in Vista Ultimate? I have the Intel 82810 chipset graphics controller in my motherboard.Yeah,I know as per Vista's HCL(the last time I checked,about 2 weeks ago),it has an `unconfirmed` status of support under Vista.I can make use of the Windows XP drivers...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 5th 07 07:07 AM
by Hiren Mehta Go to last post
11 332
Backing up in Vista by HallMarc
Has anyone else had difficulty in using an internal SCSI tape drive for backing up in Vista? How did you resolve the issue. Would love to hear from you. The tape drive worked fine under XP. I did figure out how to enable removable storage. I can see the drive in computer manager, it even see the tapes in the drive. But try as I might, I cannot get the included back-up software to...
June 5th 07 02:08 PM
by freddy Go to last post
3 208
Windows XP and Windows Vista ExpertZone chat tomorrow, June 5th 10am PST by MS Public Newsgroups
Please join us for our ExpertZone chat for discussion with Microsoft employees and MVP's regarding Windows XP and Windows Vista! Here is the URL to the chat: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/chats/chatroom.aspx What will be discussed in the chat: - Experiences with Windows Vista or Windows XP
June 5th 07 03:36 PM
by Captain Roberts Go to last post
2 185
xbox 360 connect to laptop windows VISTA moniter? by jakepittman
how do i connect my xbox 360 to my windows vista basic laptop moniter?
June 5th 07 04:48 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 180
New Vista installation, Raid 0, plus 2 harddrives that are not RAI by motley
Hi. I've been running my machine with XP Pro with a two 320Gig SATA Raid and with two different sized SATA disks(non RAID). Anyways, Two days ago I installed Vista Ultimate to my machine. Installation went just fine, it asked for the RAID drivers in the install and I gave it to it. Vista got installled. Then after awhile I noticed that I'm missing 2 harddrives! The ones that were not in the...
June 5th 07 08:54 PM
by motley Go to last post
0 206
Adding a 2nd HD in Vista Ultimate OEM by AndyH
Hi All, I'm running Vista Ultimate OEM vers. and I'm trying to add another SATA HD to use as a backup drive. I already have a RAID 0 as the main drive and an additional drive for swap, small backups etc. but have exceeded capacity and need a new full backup drive. Problem is I can't get Vista to recognise the drive. It appears in the Device Manager as an unknown device and doesn't appear at...
June 5th 07 08:58 PM
by motley Go to last post
9 259
DPMS keeps turning my TV on! by dmgpunk
Forum Post I have a rather unusual issue with my Vista PC. Everytime I turn off my display it turns itself back on. Setup: Motherboard - Intel DG965OT Operating System - Vista Home Premium TV Tuner - ATI TV Wonder 650 Video Card - Asus EN7300LE 256Mb
June 5th 07 10:06 PM
by freddy Go to last post
4 172
DvD drive stopped recognising any media by Dougie G
I'm looking for help on this one, I've been trying to fix it for the last 2 days to no effect. If I insert any disc into into my Asus 1612BL dvd drive it green lights chunters for a minute or two and then goes dead, right clicking on the drive to explore or open elicits the message (when it eventually responds) "insert a disc". So far I have tried rolling back to a previous update,...
June 5th 07 10:16 PM
by Dougie G Go to last post
9 182
VISTA and Remote controls by docfin
I have just loaded Vista premium on my PC and I cannot get my packard bell remote control to work on Windows Media Centre, does anyone have any ideas how to get it to work. I have tried the pb website but they only have drivers for xp.
June 5th 07 10:26 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 156
HP510 laptop: Vista driver for modem? by David Wood
I didn't make a note of the modem type before upgrading to Vista on my HP510 laptop HP site doesn't have it-----anyone know the driver to use?
June 6th 07 04:13 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 200
External HD by PhilC
I have a external HD that shows as offline on my Vista Home premium desktop. However i could import it on my Vista Ultimate Laptop. The desktop is a new Dell Dimension and the Laptop is a year old Dell D820 Latitude
June 6th 07 04:34 AM
by PhilC Go to last post
0 163
Vista & Dual Processors by KButzke
Hello, I recently installed Vista and I found that since installing I have only been running at half of my total processing power because Vista won't use the second processor that is on my mother board. Does anyone know a way that I can get Vista to recognize and use both processors? I am using Vista Home Basic and both of the processors are AMD K8 Processors. Each processor is 1.8GHz for a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 6th 07 07:47 AM
by Rock Go to last post
17 345
2,3 ide drives disappear by [email protected]
i have 3 physical IDE drives (the primary , and a slave , plus another as master on second channel + my DVD as the 4th ide device on installing Vista ultimate , runs - but , but every so often , (maybe every couple of days) , wil be 1/2 way thru doing something , and all the drives (physical , and partition) , will all dissapear , except the c (windows) drive , this doesnt seem to...
June 6th 07 08:22 AM
by joker Go to last post
3 166
Vista Update Causing Split-Screen Problem by David H
I have recently bought a PC that came with Vista Ultimate. I am using a Siemens-Fujitsu LCD monitor (Scenic P19-2) and every time I receive a Windows update it causes the monitor to malfunction. After the update I get a split-screen effect, where the display information is squeezed into the top 70% of the screen. Below that I get a horizontal black bar and the content begins to repeat...
June 6th 07 01:01 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 158
Usb Device and blue screen by Jeff
I have an infrared device that I use with a heart rare monitor. I plug it into my laptop (Vista home premium) and it says installing drivers etc. I d/l data to pc and close program and unplug device and get a blue screen with no solutions. I don't have the safely remove hardware icon etc. I now have to disable it in device mgr before unplugging. I enclosed a copy from the problem and...
June 6th 07 02:54 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
2 142
Vanishing Message by David H
Earlier today I posted a question about a problem I am having with my monitor. I have since received an email update, notifying me of a response to my question. I tried following the Link in my email, but I cannot see either my message or the response. Can someone explain why I can't find my question: "Vista Update Causing Split-Screen Problem"?
June 6th 07 03:58 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 139
USB Device Problem by Ben
Whenever i insert a removable device, like my flash drive for instance, a thing pops up that says "do you want to scan and fix device_name"? and i either scan or continue without scanning, which ever choice i make, after about a minute, or so, my device randomly dissapears from "my computer" and whatever thing i was doing with it stops working. For example, if i have my ipod, i insert it...
June 6th 07 05:17 PM
by Ben Go to last post
0 143
6.1 speaker support by Stephen Jame Pattenden
I have a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card and 6.1 speaker set up on my Windows Ultimate setup. For some reason i cannot select 6.1 speakers from the Audio properties dialog box in Vista. When looking on Creatives website, they advise that Vista does not support 6.1 speaker configuration. Could someone please confirm whether this is true or not and, if it is true could someone...
June 6th 07 07:16 PM
by Captain Roberts Go to last post
3 136
Hard Drives Parking Heads by Hanspuppa
I have been using Windows XP since day one. I have never had this condition using XP. I installed Vista over the weekend and when the system reboots for driver installs ect. the hard drive heads return to the parked position. You can hear it distinctly. It only happens when using Vista and not XP. I installed Vista to get an idea of what hardware and software I would need to replace in order...
June 6th 07 09:37 PM
by DevilsPGD Go to last post

From The