D Drive by Willie[_2_]
Hello there I have just got a new machine with Vista Home 64 and when I click onto the D Drive which is my DVD player it informs me that D:\ application not found but it will show the icon from the disk or film. I have looked into the properties and location, channel and lun are all at 0. I can get the disk to run if I click on the DVD folder on the left handside. Can anyone please help --...
February 27th 08 01:15 AM
by odingirl[_2_] Go to last post
4 125
SCSI HD Not Seen By Vista by Richard on Vista
New Vista Business Version installed. SCSI Controller and drives are recognized and initiated properly during BIOS Startup but drives are not recognized by the system once Vista starts. Controllers are visisble and reported as working by Vista. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall them without any change noted. Changing drive device numbers is recognized appropriately by BIOS but again...
February 26th 08 10:41 PM
by Richard on Vista[_2_] Go to last post
2 148
Help with BSOD by Mark Stonecipher
Was reinstalling Vista Home Premium last night when I recevied the following BSOD STOP: 0X00000124 (0X0000000000000000,0XFFFFFA800192CA00,0X00000000,B6002000,0X000000000000011A) Now this occurs right at the beginning of installing immediately upon hitting install now. Have tested all memory and hard drives and they are fine.. Have reseated all memory, and check all connections and they are...
February 26th 08 08:49 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 174
cd drive not working by Nathan
Last week some updates were installed on my computer before I left for the weekend, when I got back, my cd drive wasnt working. Ive tried to system restore it back to when it was working, but nothing happened. Can anyone help? Thanks.
February 26th 08 08:23 PM
by Nathan Go to last post
2 137
missing screen by rookieinct
I am using Microsoft Vista Home Addition and I am a novice. I downloaded a copy of turbo tax and part of the screens are missing --- no buttons. I have that problem with other software as well. I know its not Turbotax because it works just fine on my XP laptop. It's driving me crazy. How do I fix it?
February 26th 08 05:16 PM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
6 136
XP Harddrive transfering to Windows Vista by GaMeRT1
Okay, i know there are alot of SIMILAR posts about this topic but none of them seem to either answer my question or solve it. Essentially what happened to me is my computer (running Windows XP) got a fatal error, (missing or corrupted system.dll) so essentially the only way i can get it to work again would be to reformat. With that in mind, there are a few documents id like to save and so i...
February 26th 08 05:08 PM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
3 164
iTunes says my blank CD is not blank by shypurplepanda
I've been trying to burn an audio CD on my computer (i've only had this computer for a few months and this is the first time I've tried burning any kind of disc), and when I put the CD in and hit burn it says that my cd is not blank, I tried a handful of blank cds and it spit them all back out at me saying it's not blank. Just to make sure, I opened my computer and looked at the disc there...
February 26th 08 04:08 PM
by Shilps Go to last post
5 151
CPU Speed by Daniel
Hi I have Vista Ultimate. My CPU is a Pent D Extreme Edition 3.2 Ghz, when I run CPU-Z it shows Core Speed at 2800.4 or lower, dropping below 2798.1 at times. Why is that, how do I get it to run at 3200 all the time?
February 26th 08 01:35 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
7 170
Touch pad disabled as system detects USB mouse which is not connec by Del
Would appreciate some help with this problem. The touch pad up until a couple of days ago would correctly detect if a USB mouse or pointing device was connected and disable. Now the software is detecting a pointing device is connected, when no such device is connected to the USB ports which results in the touchpad being disabled. All works correctly initially on boot up. Have found in device...
February 26th 08 11:30 AM
by Del Go to last post
0 128
Why does Vista NOT keep settings? by Sam
Hi, I hook up a second monitor to my laptop running Vista Business. The second monitor sits to the left of my laptop so I go to Display settings and move the second monitor to the left. Everything works fine till I lock my computer -- not even log off. When I log in again, the second monitor is moved to the right. Why does Vista not keep settings?
February 26th 08 09:57 AM
by uk_vista_ultimate_user Go to last post
5 181
System is not detecting Mic by Shilps
am not sure if anyone else has faced this problem before, but I first faced it with Dell Inspiron 6400 and now I am facing it AGAIN with Inspiron 1520 ..The problem is that system starts working fine, but after some time it stops detecting headset mic on a random basis and then completely stops detecting it. With Inspiron 6400( Os Vista Home Basic), when it randomly stopped detecting the...
February 26th 08 08:44 AM
by Shilps Go to last post
1 130
Port Forwarding/Network settings for web camera by chrismtd
I have a logitech web camera fully installed with no problems on vista, and was previously porting the camera to the internet with no problem with xp, but the new network options in vista is confusing me. Could anyone please advise as to what settings i should make to allow the viewing of the camera from outside my network, i have the exception in place on the firewall and also on my bt hub...
February 26th 08 08:32 AM
by chrismtd Go to last post
0 110
hooking up two pc's together by Hosehead 22a
Hi all I just wondering if and how I can hook up two pc's together.(beside's networking) I mean so thay work as one. Why? Becouse I built another pc from all bits & pieces I had lying around and was wondering what to with it. -- K9MM-V
February 26th 08 02:54 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
5 132
Screen Saver by Loverleen
I want to change my screen saver to my photos. I followed the steps already, seen it in the preview screen, but when I don't do any thing on the computer and the screen saver is supposed to come up, it doesn't. It says I have no photos in the folder i selected. I see it there but not reading or something HELP me out
February 26th 08 02:54 AM
by Loverleen Go to last post
0 116
SD Card not showing up on my computer by Ivy
My sons computer has a slot in the side where you can plug in a memory card from a camera. This device is not working at all. I cannot find the SD card listed under My Computer nor can I find it under device manager. I have tried rebooting as well as a search for new hardware but it is like it doesn't exist. Any ideas? thank you
February 25th 08 11:37 PM
by V Green Go to last post
2 111
Mouse/touchpad tapping--turn off by fshelledy
Running Win Vista on Toshiba laptop with Synaptics touchpad. How can I turn off mouse (or touchpad) tapping? Thanks for your help. Frank Shelledy
February 25th 08 11:12 PM
by fshelledy Go to last post
0 106
New hard drive requiring device drivers problem by Rico2008
I've recently installed a 3rd sata hard drive in my Vista machine. I then went to partition and format in Disk Management. Vista then goes on to ask for device drivers for the unknown hardware? Vista does a search and comes back with no results. The hard drive and partitons then disappear from My Computer and the drive letters removed from the disk in Disk Management. There are two other...
February 25th 08 09:36 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 127
speakers are plugged in correctly, but still says they're unplugge by James Casella
I have My speakers plugged in the way they have always been when they worked (in the green Line in jack in the back), but Sound says they're unplugged (same goes for Headphones in the front green line in). The only thing that shows up in Playback Devices is "Digital Output Device" (which I do not own) However, My Microphone still works fine, and shows up functioning in recording devices.
February 25th 08 09:13 PM
by James Casella[_2_] Go to last post
1 104
Plextor 755a dvd writer can't write in vista by Brian
Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue with the plextor 755 in vista. Reads fine, but fails on writing of either cd or dvd media. I have an asus a8n sli deluxe mb. i'm using the nfroce sata controller for my devices.
February 25th 08 09:04 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 128
Broadcom Mini PCI 802.11a/b/g BCM94318MPAGH by Nigel Molesworth
I've got a Broadcom Mini PCI 802.11a/b/g BCM94318MPAGH in my Dell Inspiron 8200. I've searched on the Dell site, but I can't find any non-US drivers. Any ideas?
February 25th 08 08:00 PM
by Nigel Molesworth Go to last post

From The