HELP! by Vanessa
I have Windows Vista Basic Home, and I have only been using it for a few months when it started telling me that my 33 GB are all used up! My programs only add up to ONE GB and I have no idea where it is getting that my other GB are full. Does anybody have any way I can get rid of all that? Don't suggest deleting programs and disk cleanup please, Ive tried.
February 22nd 08 11:53 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] Go to last post
4 305
Help- I deleted something and now my computer's messed up! by [email protected]
Hello, I deleted something from my computer (by mistake). I think it was something with the ATI program. Now my desktop is all stretched out. Before, my screen resolution was 1280 x 800, now the highest it will let me set it at is 1024 x 768. Things look stretched out and blurry. Is there something I could download?
February 22nd 08 10:56 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
6 144
help by hülya
hello, i am searching for someone who can help me concerning the hardware problem of my laptop. when i would like to start windows vista, my laptop doesnt reacts or it doesnt starts windows. what should i do? hülya
February 22nd 08 10:11 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 285
Help by Jared G
What is User Define Button used for in Lenovo Laptops?
February 22nd 08 10:06 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 271
zip files by bmatchbox
How do I open a zip file? ex. a game downloaded off limewire
February 22nd 08 08:20 PM
by Dave Go to last post
4 190
MS Office Keyboard RT 9450 by Pastorlls
Using Windows Vista Business 32 bit, The @ key is produced when striking my " key and visa versa. My number symbol key on the shifted 3 key brings up this symbol £ All other functions are fine. What can be done to correct this? L.
February 22nd 08 06:54 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
1 131
Am I suffering from KB940199 by [email protected]
I don't have a Infcache.1 in the %Windir%\System32 directory and my Infcache.1 in %Windir%\inf is constantly getting corrupted! Most USB devices won't install automatically and I am reduced to deleting Infcache.1 in %Windir%\inf\Infcache.1 and then manually selecting the device. I have never recieved the "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device. Windows...
February 22nd 08 06:43 PM
by sector7g Go to last post
3 151
Hard Disk Volumes by MC Net Tech
I previously shrank the partition on my hard disk that holds my restore files. This left almost 12GB of free space on my hard disk, but it still will not let me extend my boot volume. I have tried both the Disk Management and the diskpart.exe commands, and neither will work. Any suggestions?
February 22nd 08 05:50 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 117
Back up by Walter
When my computer runs auto back up it is failing. I get a catastrophic (0x8000FFFF) error message. My recovery d is in red, and showing 602MB free out of 6.25GB. Anyone have a clue? I am not sure how recovery d got so full? The computer runs and I have no other problems. Thank You
February 22nd 08 03:38 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 123
Recent Device Driver Problem by GeeBee42
Within the last few days (probably since the last big MS update) I now have problems with using external devices. USB drives, memory sticks, mice are either OK or always want a driver, can't find it and then sulks. This has to be caused by the MS updates as everything was fine before then and nothing has been changed by me. Also, the devices have all worked perfectly for the last year...
February 22nd 08 03:37 PM
by JohnDB Go to last post
1 109
vista appearance by cathy-somethingpolish
I would like to regain the traditional look of Vista on my Windows Vista Home Premium based computer....when i first got the computer and i clicked on the "switch between windows" icon the traditional look would appear....now its just a light blue rectangle with icons inside it. Any suggestions on how to get the futuristic look back??? -- :)
February 22nd 08 01:40 PM
by Dave[_15_] Go to last post
1 119
82845G Intel Graphics Controller (Onboard) by Doug
Good Evening all. Due to Intel not supporting this graphics controller anymore, I am not able to upgrade so I can get the Vista dcd maker to work. Does anyone have any suggestions to bypass this without spending money??? Thank you. -- Doug
February 22nd 08 10:28 AM
by kamldeep Go to last post
1 121
CD driver by PatBD
My CD driver has stopped working, I think it has been corrupted. It is the latest driver when I try to update all I get is that it is the latest. I cannot go back for a recovery point as that fails at every attempt even using different recovery points. I can't even re-install windows, no CD drive. -- Thanks for any help
February 22nd 08 09:24 AM
by suzanna Go to last post
4 152
Auto zooming after connecting to a projector by Mary
I'm sure there is a simple fix for this, but I just can't figure it out. I have Windows Vista Home Premium. I connected to a projector for the first time today and now anytime I go into IE or Word the display automatically zooms out as far as it can go. Plus the icons on my desktop are very large and when I click on the option to view them in classic size they go down to classic size then...
February 22nd 08 01:14 AM
by Mary Go to last post
0 188
Auto zooming after connecting to a projector by Mary
I'm sure there is a simple fix for this, but I just can't figure it out. I have Windows Vista Home Premium. I connected to a projector for the first time today and now anytime I go into IE or Word the display automatically zooms out as far as it can go. Plus the icons on my desktop are very large and when I click on the option to view them in classic size they go down to classic size then...
February 22nd 08 01:14 AM
by Mary Go to last post
0 101
Vista 32-bit only sees 128gb of large hard drive by Snacko
I use Vista Home Premium full install with 4 SATA hard drives. My data drive is a WD 750-gig. Disk Management sees 698.64gb with no unallocated space. It's an active partition on a basic disk. But when I open "computer" or an explore page, it sees the smaller value. I've found solutions for xp/2000 that involve enabling 48-bit LBA, but I haven't seen anything on Vista. I don't recall...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 22nd 08 12:31 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
13 344
Vista x64 SP1 is now live on WU by Colin Barnhorst[_2_]
Vista x64 SP1 is now being offered on WU. It appears that is available for users' machines which do not have problematical drivers. If you are not being offered SP1 and there are no optional driver updates offered either then you are on hold by design. It may take several tries on WU before the upgrade shows, so try a couple of times.
February 21st 08 09:19 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
0 129
Vista upgrade advisor by AZ Trashhauler
I have tried unsuccessfully to install and run the upgrade advisor. Is there another site for obtaining the download other than microsoft?
February 21st 08 09:00 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 123
dvd drive not recognising blank discs by shaz57
my dvd drive on my laptop wont recognise any blank discs. when i insert a blank disc it just keeps spinning and i cant even use it with any burning programs. there is nothing wrong with the discs because they work with my other laptop. i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver but it still wont work. i have tried to look for the upperfilters and lowerfilters in the regedit but...
February 21st 08 05:53 PM
by tfw48079 Go to last post
1 110
Video Capture cards which work under Vista by P. Jayant[_14_]
When my computer was having XP as the OS, I captured a lot of music and family videos and authored and burned them into DVDs. But the VideoMate card and the Compro PVR software which I still have on my computer do not work under Vista. My Internet search for a suitable video capture card for Vista has not resulted in any success so far. So I thought I should check if any of the Vista users are...
February 21st 08 04:42 PM
by P. Jayant[_14_] Go to last post

From The