  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
After automated updates (Vista 64bit) - no more eSATA drive ! by Rob
I have a dual boot machine (Win Vista 64bit and Win XP32bit). Until a few days ago, there was no problem seeing and using all drives including this external drive connected in eSATA setup. Now, after the last automated updates in Vista, I no longer see the eSATA drive (I still see it when I boot under XP - so not a physical connection issue). Any insight ?
May 25th 08 01:18 PM
by Curious Go to last post
2 140
After burning to CD or DVD drive cannot be read by K
I urgently require a fix to my problem. I can burn to CD or DVD using Windows Vista and close session. When I check to see if the files are there, I can't open the CD or DVD - the computer just keeps running. I tried a desktop computer that is running Vista and the same thing happened on that computer - just keeps running and doesn't find this disc. I also tried the disc on my desktop...
July 20th 09 11:59 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 223
After disk cleanup Microsoft Word has no fonts by julia1392
I did a disk cleanup yesterday due to a small amount of space on my hard drive. However I have been trying to open word doc and adobe doc and they are blank saying something along the lines of "fonts not available". So i opened the control panelfonts and clicked right clicked on one saying 'open'. Then word opens with a box saying "File Conversion - BOD_B.TTF". then it says "select the encoding...
April 30th 10 12:48 AM
by julia1392 Go to last post
0 377
After disk cleanup Microsoft Word has no fonts by julia1392
I did a disk cleanup yesterday due to a small amount of space on my hard drive. However I have been trying to open word doc and adobe doc and they are blank saying something along the lines of "fonts not available". So i opened the control panelfonts and clicked right clicked on one saying 'open'. Then word opens with a box saying "File Conversion - BOD_B.TTF". then it says "select the encoding...
April 30th 10 12:48 AM
by julia1392 Go to last post
0 475
After installing raid0 system hangs by George
After installing two 300gb velociraptors the system hangs in a strange way.The mouse can move around ,I can use the start menu ,but the apps I run never run.I have to reboot.It is too often ,any suggestions ? Configuration windows home premium 32bit Asus p5premium mb Intel 9300 quad and 4gb 1600mhz ddr3. Thanks
October 2nd 08 02:31 PM
by George Go to last post
0 240
After Installing the latest update... (Help _) by Swifty1303
I can no longer use my wireless Utility, I have an Advent laptop with built in wireless using "Ralink Wireless LAN Card" After installing the previous update 10/09/2008 The icon for my Ralink card is now blacked out, if I hover my mouse over it I get the information "Ralink Wireless LAN Card" and underneath "Not Exist" thus I can no longer connect to wireless networks etc My laptop is fairly...
September 10th 08 07:03 PM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
2 297
After installing Vista RC1 I cant access BIOS and select boot devi by uba
Afert installind i tryed to access bios but i cant, in system startup i press F2, message is showed that going to bios but windows starts, witout goint to bios. How to i can go to bios????
October 7th 06 10:54 PM
by Pasquale Spagnuolo Go to last post
2 125
after installing..... by [email protected]
after installing my windows anytime upgrade disk my sound didnt work. it says there are no audio output devices setup but my sound card says its installed. send answer to my thank you √
May 20th 07 01:57 PM
by wkoncw Go to last post
1 240
After Recent Vista Update my batterie doesn't load by AnaRaquel
After Recent Vista Update my batterie doesn't load and it indicates 0%. As anyone had that problem? How can I solve it?
April 15th 08 08:54 AM
by AnaRaquel Go to last post
5 159
After reinstalling Vista, cannot use Backup wizard to restore files by ColorStruck
ON SUNDAY MARCH 2ND I DECIDED TO REINSTALL VISTA HOME PREMIUM BECAUSE I COULDN'T GET WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER TO WORK. AFTERWARDS, WHEN I PLUGGED IN MY SEAGATE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE AND TRIED TO USE THE BACKUP WIZARD I SAW THIS MESSAGE: -\"THE DISK CONTAINING THE BACKUP IS NOT ACCESSIBLE. PLEASE MAKE SURE IT IS TURNED ON AND CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTER.\" -I PANICKED AT FIRST BECAUSE I THOUGHT THIS...
June 2nd 08 06:15 PM
by Mescalero Go to last post
9 248
After Vista upgrade, 2nd HD can't be accessed by Ben
Upgraded to Vista Ultimate from XP. Boot drive is fine, but my 2nd drive, which is only used to store pictures, cannot be accessed. I know all the data is still there, because McAfee will scan the drive. My desktop picture is also still present. When in explorer and I click on the drive letter D, I get this message: "D:\ is not accessible. Access Denied". Any suggestions? Am i...
March 31st 08 08:22 PM
by BobF. Go to last post
4 197
After Vista upgrades : Display adapter problems can not use DVD Ma by MSUTech
Hello All, I completely upgraded my Toshiba Satellite laptop a couple of weeks ago, with the latest microsoft updates. I was then unable to run Windows DVD Maker: "video card does not meet minimum requirements" So, I was give the recommendation to uninstall all updates, I have done that but the problem persists.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 7th 07 07:57 PM
by MSUTech Go to last post
11 263
After Windows Update I Have No Sound by MSchaf3
I have a Toshiba P105 S6177 Satellite and I run 32 bit Vista. The other day Windows installed an update and I lost my sound, but was able to retrieve it by going into sound and disabling the Conexant HD and enabling my originial settings. Today, however, I lost sound again and my original option (sorry don't remember what it is now) is no longer there. I just have the Conexant HD for my...
July 20th 08 06:23 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
2 154
After wring CD appears blank by Uday Sahgal
I recently installed SP1 for vista home basic 32 bit. I find that when I burn CD on my laptop with Pioneer DVD-RW, the burn processs completes but the CD's appear blank. I tried with Live system and Mastered but same result. I cannot play /open the CD's burned on my Laptop. Appreciate help in resolving this issue. -- Uday
July 28th 08 10:40 AM
by usafxai Go to last post
1 172
Agere ET-131X Ethernet driver? by eris23
Is there an Agere ET-131X Ethernet driver compatible with Vista out there?
February 25th 07 11:45 AM
by eris23 Go to last post
3 293
Agere Win Modem disappears after sleep or hibernation by Jim W.
I just built a computer and have installed Vista Home Premium on it. For the most part it's working quite well. One exception is my Agere V.90 Win Modem that I pulled out of an older computer. Although the modem was working very well on that computer with XP, on this new machine Vista keeps forgetting that the modem is installed. It seems to happen after the computer has come out of...
April 3rd 07 11:50 PM
by Jim W. Go to last post
6 213
AGFA Snapscan scanner. by George Smith
Hi, I have an AGFA Snapscan e40 scanner. I cannot seem to find any drivers for this scanner which work with Vista. Has anybody managed to find any? Thanks. George.
November 16th 07 01:56 PM
by Dave Go to last post
2 100
AGP & RC1 by MikeyB
I recently did a clean install of RC1, & was having problems with my vid card. My comp would flicker, & I'd get an error message along the lines "R300 stopped responding, but has recovered"....or it would freeze entirely. I've sinced forced the AGP in the BIOS to run at 4x, instead of 8x, and it has run perfectly stable through the weekend. Am I missing something in the settings to be able...
September 23rd 06 05:06 PM
by Telstar Go to last post
3 202
AGP & Vista RC1 by MikeyB
I recently did a clean install of RC1, & was having problems with my vid card. My comp would flicker, & I'd get an error message along the lines "R300 stopped responding, but has recovered"....or it would freeze entirely. I've sinced forced the AGP in the BIOS to run at 4x, instead of 8x, and it has run perfectly stable through the weekend. Am I missing something in the settings to be able...
October 5th 06 12:18 PM
by Telstar Go to last post
3 182
AGP & Vista RC1 by MikeyB
On a clean install, I kept getting error message "R300 stopped responding, but recovered" or some such, or a complete freeze-up of my comp. I've since forced the AGP in the BIOS to run at 4x, unstead of 8x, and it has been perfectly stable through the weekend. Am I missing something in the settings to get it to run on 8x? - Radeon X700 AGP8X on a Soyo Dragon 2 KT880 motherboard
September 18th 06 08:34 PM
by Anthony LiPetri Go to last post

From The