Bluetooth Peripheral Devices by Hamth
I have recently performed the installation of Vista SP1 to my Sony VAIO laptop. I am now getting an error message saying that the driver for "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" is missing. When you try and install an updated driver, it fails.
April 10th 10 01:39 AM
by Hamth Go to last post
0 292
Bluetooth Peripheral Devices by Hamth
I have recently performed the installation of Vista SP1 to my Sony VAIO laptop. I am now getting an error message saying that the driver for "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" is missing. When you try and install an updated driver, it fails.
April 10th 10 11:24 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 391
about sundMAX SuperBeam Mic by Hanamachi
Just installed vista and everything work very well so far. One small problem I am getting is that the mic doesn't work It works in XP , but now it doesn't work in Vista any suggestions? -- hanamichi
February 1st 07 09:51 PM
by Walter Blanchard Go to last post
3 139
Display settings resetting - RC1 by Hank Keleher
Thanks for the response! Yes, I've already been there done that, heheh. In fact every time I reboot or use an application that mode switches (like the picture viewer in Slide Show mode for some strange reason) I have to basically go through 16 clicks start to finish to set the resolution to what I want. You uncheck the "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" box and click the adapter...
September 6th 06 04:55 AM
by Hank Keleher Go to last post
1 497
SD Card has to be formated before using in VISTA? by Hank Keleher
I have a Treo 650 and I will copy files to it using a memory stick reader (it's a lot faster than using sync.) When I insert the card I get the same message but I choose the option that won't format and I can access the card just fine. I don't always get that message either, something I get a message that there's a problem and if I want to scan the card and fix it. But I don't know what...
September 24th 06 09:24 PM
by bizzarefoods Go to last post
3 193
Inconsistent Vista HID Driver by HankHLiao
I was using a Panther DX joystick which is no longer supported by Mad Catz (so I can't expect a new driver). Twice when I plugged in the joystick in the USB port, the device was recognized as a Human Interface Device (HID) and worked with no problem. But for the rest of many times I tried, the joystick came up as an unknown device, and it was not recognized as a game controller. I plugged...
June 18th 07 02:33 PM
by HankHLiao Go to last post
6 161
No Sound - Urgent Help Needed by HannahHawthorne-x
Well, I've been doing without sound on my Compaq laptop for around 3 weeks now, and I simply can't put up with it any more. It causes too many problems. Before this major problem occured, sometimes my computer would be a bit temperamental and stop the sound coming through, even though it recognised there was meant to be sound there, and a restart would usually sort it. However, one time 3...
February 17th 08 07:19 PM
by Snacko Go to last post
3 119
No sound after installing Upgrade Vista disk by hanovercuban
My sound was working perfectly and then I inserted the Upgrade Your Windows Vista Experience disk. A red X appeared next to the speaker icon on my thing tray. When I click on it it says "no audio output device is installed". Did the disk wipe out my "audio output device"? Any way of getting it back? Downloading? Getting Microsoft to fix?
January 12th 08 10:33 AM
by nickbag007 Go to last post
6 174
No sound after sleep mode. by Hans
Before going into sleep mode the sound works fine. After exiting sleep mode I have no sound anymore. The computer is delivered with Vista and it has happened to two identical computers (laptop) so I doubt it is hardware failure. Any ideas??
December 11th 07 03:11 PM
by Joe Go to last post
3 122
USB ASUS A8N-SLI by Hans Petter Nenseth
The only thing I get working om RC1 is my Canon printer. Scanner and other USB-devices wont work. Any hints? Couldnt find any new drivers at ASUS. -- I går lurte jeg på hva morgendagen ville bringe. I dag vet jeg det.
September 19th 06 12:01 AM
by Carlos Go to last post
3 142
HP Scanjet 3500c by Hans von der Crone
I can't seem to install my scanner in Vista. Any1 got a workaround? There seem to be no drivers available.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 20th 08 10:49 PM
by Dave Go to last post
12 366
Hard drive question by hansbockler
Hello! I am in need of assistance concerning my external hard drive. My hard drive has been working flawlessly for the past 3 years. As of today, my computer no longer recognizes it. This is what I have done so far: -Unplugged it, plugged it back up, and my computer made a chime saying that it was recognized and said that it was ready to go. -However, the HDD does not show up on the my computer...
July 15th 09 11:09 AM
by tech-pro.net Go to last post
6 220
Drive reads DVD's not CD's by hansontrek
Not sure how long this has been this way but recently noticed that DVD games and movies will play fine on the drive, but whenever a music or game CD is placed in hte tray it acts as if nothing is there and says to "insert CD" when you try to open or explore the drive Any thoughts?
January 6th 09 01:20 AM
by Joe Buck[_2_] Go to last post
6 175
Hard Drives Parking Heads by Hanspuppa
I have been using Windows XP since day one. I have never had this condition using XP. I installed Vista over the weekend and when the system reboots for driver installs ect. the hard drive heads return to the parked position. You can hear it distinctly. It only happens when using Vista and not XP. I installed Vista to get an idea of what hardware and software I would need to replace in order...
June 6th 07 09:37 PM
by DevilsPGD Go to last post
2 179
Should I add more memory? by Happy Camper
Hello all! I have 1.5g of memory installed at the moment on my Asus K8V SE Deluxe running Vista 32bit edition. My lowest number on my Windows Experience is 3.1 for memory. Would I benefit much more from moving to 2g or even 3g of memory? Thanks in advance. HC
March 17th 07 04:40 PM
by JW Go to last post
5 105
No Sync for Treo 700wx- Help this lost techlessness gal by happy123
Brand spankin new 750wx. Brand new set up of WMDC. I tried to sync 8 times and get this error. Sync started Sync failed Server Busy
April 3rd 07 03:34 AM
by happy123 Go to last post
0 163
Western Digital MyBook Hard Drive by [email protected]
My computer updated itself in the middle of the night, as it is set to update daily at 3 am. I have been using a Western Digital MyBook external hard drive for months, on Vista, which I installed on a computer I built myself. When I woke up this morning to use some of the applications on the external HD, it did not even show up. Sometime in the night Windows decided that the same HD it had...
July 27th 08 10:43 PM
by HelplessLuv Go to last post
4 151
Recording tab not visible for DVD-RW drives by hardware_dev
Hi, The system has (2) x DVD-RW drives. Both of these drives do not have the recording tab visible under properties. (Vista Ultimate). Is there a registry fix or workaround for this? Thanks
November 19th 07 10:48 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
9 186
Mouse arrow jumps around the screen by Harleyman
I have a HP laptop with Vista. My mouse arrow keeps jumping around the screen by itself. This also happens on my other laptop running XP. Is there a setting that will stop this?
January 23rd 08 09:08 PM
by GlennDoten Go to last post
1 135
Volume metre? by harmonika
I'm using Realtek High Def Audio Drivers on an HP Pavilion running Windows Home Premium. I recently updated the drivers and it seems that coincidentally, the volume metres in the volume control on the taskbar have disappeared. That is to say, if I right click on the volume icon and select either 'playback' or 'recording' devices, the small green volume meters that are normally present to...
January 13th 08 09:17 PM
by Black Baptist Go to last post

From The