problems printing in MS Works by Betsanne
I have a Dell laptop running vista premium with MS Works. My printer is an HP deskjet 4240. I can't use the menu commands, print preview, or even print in the daatabase or spreadsheet. Everything is fine in Word. The printer works fine with all other programs. If I set the default printer on the MS XPS documet writer I can use all the menu commands but I still can't print. The driver...
January 30th 08 10:50 PM
by Betsanne Go to last post
0 172
Irratic Beep when booting computer after it has been off by DJ
I recently had my hard drive replaced in my dell inspiron e1505, the laptop worked great until I turned it on in the morning 2 weeks after the hard drive was replaced and the beeping occured. An initial diagnostic said my optical drive had an error, after I was instructed to removed and reseat the CD drive I turned the unit off and let it sit only to have the irratic beep return. A "key...
January 30th 08 10:39 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
2 162
video driver or codec problem by Don W
I'm running Vista Ultimate on a Gateway ML6721 with an Intel 965 video chipset. With my current video driver, I can view wmv files at various resolutions and full screen, both regular wmv decoded with the wmv8 codec and newer files decoded with the wmv9 codec. After upgrading to the current video driver via windows update, files decoded with the wmv9 codec play fine. However, files decoded...
January 30th 08 10:10 PM
by Don W Go to last post
0 131
Connect to non-network projector by The Engineer
Hi, I have tried to connect my new Dell laptop with Vista on it to the Optoma DV11 projector using the supplied VGA cable. I get NO IMAGE from the projector in spite of all steps shown below. 1. when cable is inserted Vista automatically changes DPI at 800x600. Is there a way of stopping that ? Very annoying...Attempts to change DPI to higher at this point crashed the system every time. 2....
January 30th 08 09:10 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
1 200
Vista Video Drivers where are we now by Stance
Does anyone at microsoft know the current state of vista video drivers in ref to how optimized for desktop performance Nvidia and Ati/Amd really are. and what features in the future we can look foward too, like shaders for window effects, True windows glass effect or when desktop will be true Direct X 10, no tricks for backwards Compatibility. Anyone on windows Team care to comment? or...
January 30th 08 03:30 PM
by Curious Go to last post
2 170
Vista won't boot after installing extra ram by PhilB
Hi everyone, I have a problem that i have encountered with a dual boot machine.First i will give the details of my computer: ECS NF650iSLIT-A motherboard Intel Core 2 CPU 2gb Ram (2xGeil Ultra 1gb DDR2 PC6400) 2xNvidia GeForce 8500GT graphics cards both with 1gb on board) 700w jeantech modular PSU Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Sound card Windows XP Home on 120gb HDD...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 30th 08 02:31 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
14 277
Connect to non-network projector by The Engineer
Hi, I have tried to connect my new Dell laptop with Vista on it to the Optoma DV11 projector using the supplied VGA cable. I get NO IMAGE from the projector in spite of all steps shown below. 1. when cable is inserted Vista automatically changes DPI at 800x600. Is there a way of stopping that ? Very annoying...Attempts to change DPI to higher at this point crashed the system every time. 2....
January 30th 08 02:20 PM
by The Engineer Go to last post
0 205
Nokia PC Suite disabled drag-and-drop while it's active by Man-wai Chang ToDie
Is this normal? I thought I cracked something when that happened... -- @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.24 ^ ^ 17:18:01 up 4 days 22:52 0 users load average: 0.03 0.28 0.21 ºî ´© (CSSA): http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa/
January 30th 08 11:58 AM
by Man-wai Chang ToDie Go to last post
1 179
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers (ver. 1.85 dated 21 January 2008) by Cal Bear '66[_2_]
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers (ver. 1.85 dated 21 January 2008): http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High%20Definition%20Audio%20Codecs 1. Fix PC-Beep mute issue for ALC268/ALC267. 2. Fix the potential risk that system-thread is still running when driver is already unloaded under Vista. 3....
January 30th 08 06:30 AM
by Cameron Snyder Go to last post
4 184
Ralink wireless Lan card by Gordon Walker
I upgraded from XP and now find my wireless has disappeared. I have updated the driver but the icon says the Ralink wireless lan card 'Not exist'. Has anyone else had this problem? Please help.
January 30th 08 05:11 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
5 173
DVD/CD unit is not operating propeerly by 4George
Hi Recently this unit is not recognising pre-recorded or formatted discs which it previously had recognised. I have a HP laptrop and the drive is a mat****a DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the driver with no success. In one of the forums it is suggested that the 'UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" in the HKEY registry be deleted but I am not sure about doing this...
January 30th 08 05:09 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
5 299
dazzle DVC80 drivers by M.Hawkes
Can anyone tell me where to download a driver for the DVC 80 as Pinnacle do not support this item within "Vista -- MJH
January 30th 08 12:29 AM
by videochief Go to last post
3 136
Squirrely Mouse by Abbastanza
If my mouse pointer is off my a millimeter it will minimize /maximize the screen. It's driving me crazy and I cannot figure out how to fix it. Anyone else having this problem? TIA Abbastanza
January 29th 08 11:04 PM
by Thomas Go to last post
5 205
hi by [email protected]
hi i have windows vista and i have installed dark cusade no probblem then i click the dark cusade icon to load game it come up with spooge drive not found verify directx is propply installed what should i do i buyed this laptop and it was a wast of money it wont play it !!. loads of people are having probblems help me why dont they make a download for the probblem because its loseing them money...
January 29th 08 09:23 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 303
Connecting External Synthesizer to USB Port on Intel D Motherboard by p.jayant
After changing the SoundCard to SB Audigy for Vista compatibility, I have lost the gameport on the SounCard which I was using earlier for MIDI-IN & MIDI-OUT to my external synthesizer, through a connector having two 5-pin DIN plugs. Since Gameports and MIDI ports are changing to USB, I am wondering if I could connect my synsthesizer to the USB port on the motherboard and if I can, would I...
January 29th 08 08:29 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
3 153
Problem with Powerpoint and Dual Monitors by Jenander
I lecture using Powerpoint on Dual Monitors. I have created lectures in Powerpoint 2007 on my Vista computer and saved them as Windows 97-2000 compatible files. When I transfer them to my XP computer, they look fine in the notes page view. That is, the notes show up. Howeverf, when I use the same lecture with Dual monitors, the presentation notes are missing. I want to have the same lectures...
January 29th 08 08:05 PM
by Jenander Go to last post
0 138
Fix bug in Windows Media Player 11 - bug described below: by AMW
Windows Media Player does not conform to DNLA standard. Certain devices wll not play files of a certain type. e.g. Zensonic Z500 Reference document "DLNA Home networked device interoperability guidelines (Part 1: Architecture and Protocols)" available he http://www.ce.org/Resource.aspx?ID=2456 According to "7.4.30 - MM DIDL-Lite protocolInfo values", any protocolInfo value that begins...
January 29th 08 07:43 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
8 121
TV pauses by Gjack
I just bought a Hp 8300 with the Windows media center running Vista. If I try and watch the TV, it will pause and need to restart the computer to use the computer. It just locks up. Hp Tech support had me install new drivers, then they had me do the reinstall to original settings.. It worked until I tried to record, then it locked up again and the TV doesn't work again. It will lock up after...
January 29th 08 06:00 PM
by dgmacmi Go to last post
4 214
Nokia AD-42W & BT A2DP by Robert
I Recently purchased a Bluetooth audio Reciever/transmitter gateway, to send Audio through bluetooth from wireless audio devices, such as a N95, or a laptop. The N95 has a2dp support and connects / plays audio seamlessly. On my laptop on the other hand, connection is easily established, allthough audio throughput is very limited, it seems this is a common problem on most bluetooth laptops....
January 29th 08 05:48 PM
by Robert Go to last post
0 137
dark cusade help by [email protected]
hi i have installed this game on 1 computer 1 is a xp and dark cusade works fine now i have a windows vista and it wont work i have installed it and it come up with spooge drive not found virify if directx is installed propply ( sorry for writing im not that good at english) um here are my pc stuff, CPU Minimum: Pentium 4/Athlon XP or better
January 29th 08 05:00 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post

From The