CD drive not recognizing disks by Roka
The disk drive of my computer, running on Windows Vista Home Premium, isn't recognizing CDs. There is no sound of it loading. Is there anyone else with this problem, and is there a solution?
January 27th 08 01:32 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 178
Bluetooth USB Adapter by crisi
I have just bought a bluetooth usb adapter so that i can transfer pics and other stuff from my mobile phone to the computer. The problem is that every time I connect the bluetooth adapter to the computer, a message appears telling me to install the driver software and I click on it to do so.but then the computer displays another message saying that the driver could not be found and to look...
January 27th 08 12:47 AM
by Curious Go to last post
3 146
Bluetooth dongle by Retdean
Can anyone tell me if there is a Bluetooth adapter that works right out of the box with the Vista Home Premium 32-bit operating system? I have looked all over the place and can't find one that Microsoft certifies or promises that it will work with Vista Home Premium. I just purchased a high end HP laptop with plenty of memory and a 3GB hard drive and I want to add a Bluetooth capacity to...
January 27th 08 12:44 AM
by Retdean Go to last post
0 149
monitor view rotated by jvijer
My dog stepped on the keyboard & now my monitor view has been rotated 90 degrees. How do I change it back to normal?
January 26th 08 05:17 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 177
bluetooth notebook mouse 5000 by [email protected]
Does anyone have one successfully conected to their vaio? I'm having issues. laptop says that it cannot find ANY bluetooth devices, even when the mouse is readyt to go!
January 26th 08 03:42 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 130
Flash Drive by dizzalton
I just got a flash drive and put it in the usb port. it shows up no where. Ive searched for hours trying to find it. Please Help
January 26th 08 03:10 PM
by dizzalton Go to last post
2 208
newdev.exe by bartjeuhn
when i start my computer, then always i see a windows that said to me newdev.exe not found, would you instal it, looking for software or do anything ... i click 1 2 and 3 buth notthing help me what should i do :(
January 26th 08 11:44 AM
by marianzzy Go to last post
2 186
Mouse Flickering after base performance scan by Matt
I ran a performance scan to get a base number and while scanning the cursor was flickering which wasn't to wierd, but after it was finished and closed the cursor remained to flicker and i cant figure out how to stop it. When i say flicker's i mean it goes to the windows busy cursor but it swiches between to two cursors like every milisecond and its quite anoying. when the cursor changes to...
January 26th 08 07:29 AM
by Matt Go to last post
0 115
Marvell based wifi and 4GB is NO GO by Patrick
Hi all, just a quicky, I got myself a Sweex LW056. It's based on a Marvell wifi solution. Works like a charm in a PC with 2GB. The great thing is Vista recocnises it out of the box. However. When I tried it on my Vista x64 system, it didn't work. Why? Because the Marvell driver/chip combo doesn't like 4GB RAM in your pc. I tried everything to get the card working in my 4GB system. It just
January 26th 08 05:03 AM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
7 155
Can't get my utstarcom pc6700 to sync with vista computer by dmtchad
can't get my utstarcom ppc6700 smartphone to sync my calendar, contacts, tasks etc to my new computer that has windows vista. I have tried numerous downloads including acivesync 4.5 (won't download with vista) and windows mobile device center 6.1. under change content sync settings i can't select the obove mentioned items, only mobile favorites which i don't use. help me with my computer...
January 26th 08 04:45 AM
by Bob In the Noc Go to last post
2 137
hardware for Media Center by No Name
Hi, I would like to know how to use media center. I launch MC and it comes up on my TV but how do I navigate it? Do I have to have a remote control or can I use my keyboard and mouse (I don't see the pointer)? If I need a remote control, can you recommend one? Does it come with an infra-red receiver or is that a separate purchase? Thanks
January 26th 08 04:31 AM
by Bob In the Noc Go to last post
2 155
wireless mouse by steve
Im frustrated here, I have two Gateway laptops running windows vista Home, on onelaptop i have installed two wireless mouse and both mouse work , on the other laptop i get the driver not found. Went to microsoft website as per the windows solution, downloaded the software, and still no luck with the install....Any clues?
January 26th 08 02:52 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 96
Compatible headset and wireless microphones for Vista 32 OS by Murali
Can someone help me with a list of microphones that have been verified to work with Windows Vista 32 bit OS. I NEED TO USE SPEECH APPLICATIONS I have tried PLANTRONICS 400 USB- DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY. BAD SOUND LEVEL GARBAGE RECORDED. VOICE RECOGNITION SIMILAR TO THE YOU-TUBE VIDEO OF MICROSOFT'S DESIGN ENGINEER MAKING A FOOL OF HIMSELF ON CNBC PHILIPS SPEECH MIKE- SAME PROBLEM AS ABOVE
January 26th 08 12:42 AM
by Murali Go to last post
0 105
2nd Hard drive spinning down within minutes by J
Friday Eve I have the hard drive set to power-down after 20 minutes. But, the 2nd drive is regularly parking and sleeping. And consequently, I wait for it to start spinning when needed or when the OS thinks it needs to spin to do what I am attempting to do. How do I set the 2nd drive to obey the power-down setting? Registry
January 26th 08 12:35 AM
by J Go to last post
0 112
Natural Ergonomic 4000 problem by Maccaro
Ive downloaded and used this driver microsoft recommended but am having trouble 'IntelliType Pro 6.1 64-bit for Windows Vista' (http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/3/4/9343CC89-3D2A-4D6A-8F77-71E28E441857/ITP64Eng.exe) for example the f keys won't work for example i can't hit alt+f4 to close a window. any help with this problem is much apreciated. -- Maccaro
January 26th 08 12:15 AM
by Maccaro[_2_] Go to last post
2 164
Does Kolibrie Software have a boot manager that can hide Vista from XP? by Colin Barnhorst[_2_]
I am picking up a conversation that has been developing in a thread on another topic because I think it is signifacant and should get its own thread. Jawade of Kolibrie Software has been saying that his boot manager can effectively prevent XP volsnap.sys from erasing Vista's shadowcopies in a multiboot scenario. He has been trying a few things to verify this and hopefully he will join this...
January 25th 08 07:52 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
7 178
Blurry fonts when changing DPI scale with LCD screen by @ Windows7 M1
on Vista there are 2 settings 96, and 120 (I believe) for DPI, but when I tried to enter my own custome dpi scaling , (108) (note I turn off the XP scaling style box) the text seems blurry on my LCD screen... why? Of course I am using the LCD at its normal resolution that is 1680x1050 thanks
January 25th 08 07:17 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 140
Wireless Optical Desktop 1000 Battery Slot by DanMat6288
There seems to be an issue with the width of the battery slot on the keyboard that comes with the Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 1000. The space that the first battery gets put in is so tight, the battery needs jammed in, and it's nearly impossible to remove it again. I had to take apart my keyboard just to remove that battery. Is this an issue with all keyboards from this set, or is...
January 25th 08 07:14 PM
by DanMat6288 Go to last post
0 101
ReadyBoost crap shoot by Colin Barnhorst
Just sharing an experience. These ReadyBoost usb thumb drives seem to be a real hit and miss thing. I just bought a Patriot 16GB Xporter XTBoost usb thumb drive. I tried it on one computer running Vista Ultimate x64 and the machine just kept trying to find a driver for it but never succeeded in mounting it. I tried it on another computer running VU x86 and it came right up and let me...
January 25th 08 06:02 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
5 136
Messenger in Vista by Trev992
Has anyone found how to fix the problem that Vista has caused with Messenger. The Video call option will not work because Vista wouldn't have a clue where to find the audio driver. This is with the Realtek AC97 audio driver. So the video works for awhile before the reset button has to be used but there is no audio available. Just another little problem also is the Canon scanner it wont work...
January 25th 08 05:06 PM
by Brink Go to last post

From The