Window Media Center Receiver stopped by Charles Shapiro
"Windows Media Center Receiver Service stopped working and was closed." This is the error I get when trying to open the Media Center and watch TV. Vista Ultimate. It was working perfectly the other day. Nothing changed in the system that I am aware of. After a minutes it says it can't find the tuner.. I Tried doing something with the DEP setting, but I wasn't sure what to do so I did...
January 25th 08 02:45 PM
by Cal Bear '66[_2_] Go to last post
1 139
enable usbohci by John
I have Vista Home Premium. I have been having trouble with my usb drivers. When I open system information, I notice that the file usbohci is disabled.How can I enable this file and process? Will this help my usb driver problems -- John N
January 25th 08 01:31 PM
by John Go to last post
0 135
Canon Scanner in Device manager, but Windows Fax and Scan says no by rcb005
The Windows Fax and Scan does not seem to know which device is a scanner. I have installed Windows Vista and the latest drivers from Canon ( 8400F Scanner Driver Ver. 10.2.2.0a for Windows Vista) for the Canoscan 8400. With the scanner powered on, selected "New Scan" and received the following error message: Windows Fax and Scan --------------------------- No scanners were detected. If a...
January 25th 08 01:07 PM
by Trev992 Go to last post
3 161
Video Memory using system on Vista64 by Thor
I have 2 GForce 8800 GTS card each with 640mb of memory on them. I have 4gb of physical memory. But when I goto my display settings I get this. GPU processor: GeForce 8800 GTS ForceWare version: 169.25 Total available graphics memory: 2431 MB Dedicated video memory: 640 MB System video memory: 0 MB Shared system memory: 1791 MB Video BIOS version: 60.80.20.00.02
January 25th 08 06:42 AM
by Patrick Go to last post
2 185
my hard disk is working all the time by Dawid
I have anew vaio laptop with Vista system and after turning it on even if I do nothing the hard disk is working all the time, it does not stop even after few hours of not touching the computer (the HD led is blinking and I can hear the sound of HD working). I do not think it's notmal, please advice. Dawid
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 25th 08 04:26 AM
by Nator1[_2_] Go to last post
12 334
Vista Freeze and Auto-Reboot by Quik
Hello, My computer freezes and reboots when I surf the web. I use Firefox, Internet Explorer just doesn't cut it for me. My Windows is fully up to date. It also happens when I use Azureus. AMD Athlon 64+ X2 6400+ Black Edition Zalman CNPS9500 AM2 Cooling
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 25th 08 04:04 AM
by Quik Go to last post
16 328
How to get rid of a nonexistent CD-ROM drive by peppermonkey
Hi, this ones strange and I believe the problem may have to do with the registry but since I know nothing about that I really can't say. In any case my computer has two hard drives, one DDS tape drive (SCSI), one Jazz drive and one DVD-RW. I have two problems that may or may not be related. 1) Explorer lists a CD-ROM drive in inclusion of the drives mentioned above. Ie. a non-existent...
January 25th 08 03:35 AM
by peppermonkey Go to last post
7 206
Windows Fax and Scan: Adding 'pauses' to a dialled number by Allan
Hi, I am trying to configure Windows Fax and Scan to use our phone service long distance carrier. I used to have Winfax and found that adding three 'pauses' after dialling the long distance carrier number and before entering the fax number to be called, did the trick. Unfortunately in Windows Fax and Scan I cannot seem to enter any 'pauses'. Does anyone know how I enter pauses or more...
January 24th 08 11:46 PM
by V Green Go to last post
5 181
Serial Ports and Vista by John Germany
Hi all, I have a cash drawer that attatches to my computer via a serial port. My XP machine crashed not long ago and I bought a Vista computer, but it does not have a serial port available. I have a serial to USB cable adapter, but I cannot get my cash drawer to open using it. Does anyone know how to open the cash drawer using this adapter? Thanks.
January 24th 08 09:05 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
4 206
Trouble Shooting by armas
Hello all, I currently own a Toshiba Satellite a135-s2386 running windows vista. Recently it has been experiencing problems with recognizing my ipod and digital camera. The ipod is detected but is placed as an unknown device, and as for my camera and 2 different phones are completely ignored, at once point they all worked but lately none have been recognized or acknowledged by the computer,...
January 24th 08 08:39 PM
by Quaoar[_2_] Go to last post
1 146
can't see cd/dvd drives by takcr
I have only had my computer for a short time and when i was setting it up I attempted to load a hp movie writer which made the computer stop seeing the 2 cd/dvd drives I was able to the restore the computer to a reset point but I had loaded a number of items after that. Query whether the drive caused it? I loaded a fly pen driver and then after i was able to use the cd drive for a day or...
January 24th 08 05:03 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
1 135
Can't use any network sharing service after changing CPU by Faethe
I changed out my CPU and now I get error messages whenever I try to access or play media on Vista 64. Also can't use my Pinnacle HD stick 800e in Media Center and can not access my Zune software at all. I understand that this is a DRM related problem. When I switched out the CPU, Vista apparently lost track of who I was and will not allow me to configure network sharing, or media sharing....
January 24th 08 03:42 PM
by sean67854 Go to last post
3 147
Vista Ultimate 32 and my Samsung 906BW LCD Display Issue!!! by fvlmasl2
When I change any of my display settings (Brightness, Contrast and so on...) my pc seems to accept the changes, but after about 20-30 minutes the settings go back to settings prior to changes. I tried the monitor on a XP Pro pc and the settings stayed to what I changed them to. I moved the vid card from the Vista pc (not keeping changes) to the XP pc (keeping changes) and the changes...
January 24th 08 02:17 PM
by BeckyWC Go to last post
5 143
External HDD Drive is not Detected / Driver is not getting install by Barath
Hi, I recently bought a WESTERN DIGITAL External HardDisk. I have Three Desktops Two running Windows vista, One running Windows XP and One Laptop Running windows XP. Desktop 1 SPECS AMD ATHLON XP 2600+, 1 GB DDR 400 RAM, 80 GB SATA SEAGATE + 160 GB SATA
January 24th 08 01:24 PM
by wirelesswaggon Go to last post
7 194
Bug in SD Memory Card driver : driver remains in memory after remo by Malignonne
I have Vista Home Premium, running on an Acer Aspire (includes a 5 in 1 card reader). The problem is that whenever an SD card is removed from the SD reader, then the disk driver does not get removed from memory and hence it can never be inserted again until the PC is rebooted. Using a Ricoh Memory Stick Disk in the card reader has no problem - the driver for this works fine.
January 24th 08 09:40 AM
by rlcrom Go to last post
3 105
Vista x86 resets contineusly by Rinaldo1961
Hi all, I.ve got a problem. Vista resets suddenly. In searching for problems vista come with: Your video driver NVIDIA causes the problem. I have installed the latest drivers for my 7800gtx from nvidia. My config, DFI lanparty nf4 sli OCZ 1 gig memory (2 X 512)
January 24th 08 09:40 AM
by deadbyday007 Go to last post
4 137
vob by will
Does anyone know what a "failed to read from VOB file" means when backing up a bought dvd and how to get around it? I am using DVD43 with Nero, but it does the same thing with shrink, just takes longer.
January 24th 08 06:59 AM
by will Go to last post
9 394
How to install two video adapters drivers using the same WDDM driver? by Able Cox
How do I install two video adapters drivers using the same WDDM driver? Microsoft said: "The user could change the graphics hardware configuration by choosing multiple graphics adapters that use the same WDDM driver. Graphics adapters from the same ASIC family generally have the same graphics driver. In late 2006, each of the major graphics vendors had a single WDDM driver for all supported...
January 24th 08 03:24 AM
by Able Cox Go to last post
0 144
This device cannot start. (Code 10) by Sprout9858
I was installing my HP All in One Printer with my new wireless network and router. Since doing so I receive this error code "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" for my CD/DVD Drive and am unable to read or play a CD/DVD. I have already reinstalled the driver, but still get the same error. What do I do?
January 24th 08 02:57 AM
by Xenor Go to last post
4 115
Yellow exclimation mark next to 6TO4 Adapter? by snowshine
In Device Manager under Network Adapter I have this Yellow ! next to 6TO4 Adapter. Today a second one with yellow ! has appeared again 6TO4 Adapter. I tried manually select the driver and clicked ok-I get "cannot install" Error code 31? what should I do?
January 24th 08 02:47 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post

From The