IBM THINKPAD R40 NETWORK CONTROLLER: MISSING ETHERNET DRIVER by Mr. R40
Help! I own the IBM Thinkpad R40 notebook and recently installed Windows Vista Home Premium. I cannot connect to the internet as I do not have a compatible Ethernet driver. Under Device Manager in Control Panel, I have 2 Yellow Exclamation Points in 'Other Devices': Network Controller and Unknown Device. Does anyone have the Vista compatible ethernet driver that allows the R40 laptop to...
January 24th 08 02:17 AM
by John Go to last post
4 149
Sudden Loss of Sound by Cher (BIRDWISE)[_5_]
Hi, I'm new and at my wits end with vista problems on both the 32 and 64 vista HP notebooks. I suddenly have no sound on th e64 bit vista Home Premium. I always listened to internet radio. Two days ago I made a video & when I tried to play it no sound. d/l Media Player but no sound there. Checked drivers: there are three a Bluetooth and Convexant etc. No yellow! No disabled buttons anyplace, no...
January 24th 08 02:07 AM
by Cher (BIRDWISE)[_5_] Go to last post
0 159
usb to serial cnverter by tbuk
Can anyone help with usb to serial converter problems? It will not work with windows vista basic. Is there a solution?
January 24th 08 01:33 AM
by V Green Go to last post
3 188
tell how can i do!! by dael
i got windows vista and the sound icon is like with a ''x'' on the side it means that the sound program i been deleted by a person !!!!!! but when i hit the program to try to fix it it says thats there is no divices installed in the pc !!!!! how can i fix it can u give me options to fix it!!!!!!
January 24th 08 01:32 AM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
2 156
Dell pocket dj by Wendy
I was just wondering if anyone knows of a patch or update so that the dell pocket dj will be compatible with windows vista.
January 23rd 08 11:57 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
3 153
Laptop no sound by Kai Tashio
I have had my laptop for a while and just rercently there was no sound. I had no problem with anything to with sound previously and then I installed a new web cam. I fixed it the first time and then it came back. Now no matter what I do it wont fix. I uninstalled the webcam and everything. I have the sound card installed and it says that its working but no sound comes out if I hit test. It...
January 23rd 08 11:15 PM
by Kai Tashio Go to last post
0 121
Mouse arrow jumps around the screen by Harleyman
I have a HP laptop with Vista. My mouse arrow keeps jumping around the screen by itself. This also happens on my other laptop running XP. Is there a setting that will stop this?
January 23rd 08 09:08 PM
by GlennDoten Go to last post
1 135
Unable to install Belkin High Speed Docking Station on Toshiba A21 by Bob
I am trying to install a Belkin High Speed Docking Station (F5U273) on my Toshiba A215-S4747 and the drivers provided by Belkin do not install, rather the install wizard reports that there is a system conflict and to to try again. I am using the latest drivers from Belkin (2.03.070712) and have fully updated Vista Home Premium with all its latest updates and driver update. Can anyone offer...
January 23rd 08 08:38 PM
by Bob Go to last post
3 144
Sound Problems by sdz
Okay, I'm very illiterate when it comes to computers. I got a Gateway laptop with Windows Vista included. The first time I started playing with it, games and such, I had sound but I stupidly put in the CD that came with the computer that apparently is only for reinstalling. Now I have no sound. I went to the Gateway download site and downloaded a driver that said it was compatible to my...
January 23rd 08 07:41 PM
by sdz Go to last post
4 168
SP1 RC(refresh) wont detect card reader by Dave Cox
Just installed sp1 all is working great except my internal USB2.0 Card reader.........it isn't being detected. My portable USB Card Reader works fine when I plug it in any help would be appreciated. Dave
January 23rd 08 07:38 PM
by Peter Go to last post
7 236
Vista x64 Ultimate (OEM version) on Dell D820 by Kjeld_h
Hi I have a Dell D820 w. 1 GB RAM. When I try to install Vista and the computer is loading the DVD - I'am told that the pc/cpu is not able to load a 64 bit appl. It is a Intel T2500 @ 2.0 Ghz. CPU. I have tryed to change/setup the BIOS (version 7) any posible way. Have anyone tryed to install Vista x64 on a Dell D820? Please help... --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 23rd 08 06:53 PM
by jerryw4386 Go to last post
16 1,591
4GB or 3GB physical memory for 32 bit wondows vista by JC
I have 4GB of physical RAM, windows vista shows only 3326MB. Does it really help with performance if I have 4GB or should I just install 3GB memory? I just bought the additional 2GB memory (had 2GB before) and wondering if I should exchange for a 1GB one. Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 23rd 08 05:58 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
26 789
LAN driver discrepancy by Rojo Habe
According to the Foxconn web site my motherboard (P9657AA) has a Realtek Ethernet adapter, but Windows (Vista Ultimate) detects it as a Marvell Yukon 88E8056. Do I have the wrong driver installed or is this adapter actually manufactured by Realtek? It seems to be working OK.
January 23rd 08 05:08 PM
by Rojo Habe Go to last post
3 176
keyboard disable select all key by valley101
My father has an emachine keyboard and the select all key is located on the right hand side of the keyboard under the shift key and to the left of the control key. When typing one can accidently hit the select all key while hitting the shift key and then the next key stroke brings up the option menu with the undo option highlighted, the next key stroke highlights all that you've written,...
January 23rd 08 04:05 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
3 180
ATI Radeon x1650, changed icons, Need Help Please by greenhat
I disabled on-board video & installed new higher res ATI Radeon x1650. All of my desktop icons were changed to generic icon. I am running Vista Ultimate
January 23rd 08 03:55 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
1 200
Lost file that I sent home from school. by ilovebrewers2
I sent home a file from school that uses word 97-03 and i use the 97-03 function, so later tonight while Im researching stuff the internet goes down. I saved and x'ed out. Later after fixing my internet I went back and turned on my computer and I clicked on the file except it was a previous one. I have tried everything from the regular Microsoft Word help center so please help if you can....
January 23rd 08 03:30 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 136
Screensaver by Roy Sallis
Just got a new PC with Vista and my screensaver does not work. A previous thread indicated that it could be caused by a wireless mouse. I have a MS Intellipoint 4.1. Is this the cause of the problem?
January 23rd 08 09:34 AM
by Carlos Go to last post
8 189
Memory seen on 32-bit Vista Ultimate by GeriL
Question is when a computer has 4 GB of RAM and memory seen by the OS is only 2.5 GB. What is the issue?
January 23rd 08 05:27 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 131
Code 10 and DVD/CD drive gone by LouB
Am new to this group so am sorry for asking an old question. Friend has an Acer Aspire 5100 laptop. CD drive was working and has now completely disappeared. I believe this has happened to others so am hoping someone can point me to some solutions. TIA Lou Education is about knowing where to look for answers.
January 23rd 08 02:26 AM
by Cal Bear '66[_2_] Go to last post
5 205
Can't explore or open a CD or DVD disk. Vista trys to Format Disks by Dogsbody
If I click on either of my two DVD-R drives to open or explore the contents of the disks. Vista pops up asking what to label the disk when it formats it. It's the same with bothe DVD-R drives. I can only view the drive using search *.* Help please.
January 23rd 08 02:06 AM
by Cal Bear '66[_2_] Go to last post

From The