no sound under vista by Coldfeeted
Dear All, I have a sound problem since vista install. My soundcard: SB audigy SE Tried everything, remove device (physically also...), uninstall, driver update, nothing helps. Device-manager shows its all right, but i cannot hear sound. With the other soundcard (abit-ic7 motherboard-integrated realtek) situation is the same.
January 23rd 08 01:49 AM
by Bob Knowlden Go to last post
1 181
Monitor Calibration by thunnus
I am trying to calibrate my home laptop LCD monitor using an X-Rite Eye One Display 2 for digital photography purposes. After the calibration process, the X-Rite creates a custom monitor profile and sets it as default. This works fine until the computer is powered down. Thereafter, the old monitor settings are displayed even though the display settings show that the calibrated monitor...
January 23rd 08 12:44 AM
by thunnus Go to last post
0 133
82945g express chipset family by hitmanout2007
Problem caused by Intel Graphics Driver This problem was caused by Intel Graphics Driver. This program was created by Intel Corporation. Intel Corporation does not currently have a solution for the problem that you reported Download and install an updated version of Intel Graphics Driver from one of the following locations:
January 23rd 08 12:12 AM
by deuxpapillon Go to last post
3 185
Monitor Message "No Signal Input" by Tanya Bellem[_2_]
I have a Laptop plugged into a monitor...monitor been working up until yesterday. Upon boot-up, the monitor kicks in and I can see it loading WIN XP. But as soon as the WIN chimes start, the monitor goes off line and then I get a message saying "No Signal Input". Once this mode of action occurs, the monitor switches to stand-by mode. Laptop screen shows the continued WIN XP load. I have...
January 23rd 08 12:10 AM
by Tanya Bellem[_2_] Go to last post
0 144
ATI Radeon X1650 Changed all icons to generic, by greenhat
I disabled on-board video & installed new higher res ATI Radeon x1650. All of my desktop icons were changed to generic icon. I am running Vista Ultimate
January 22nd 08 11:35 PM
by greenhat Go to last post
0 120
Microphone by Calvin O.
My microphone is not working. I have it plugged in to jack, have tested it, mute is not on, pc says its working even when not plugged in, and it works on my other computer. i'm not sure whether it is the mic or the jack that has the problem. can anyone help?
January 22nd 08 11:32 PM
by Calvin O. Go to last post
0 121
Windows Vista add hardware default directory by Matt
My computer used to automatically search for my drivers when I plugged in a device. As I understand it, the default directory for drivers installed into Vista is the system32 folder. Now my computer spends a great deal of time searching for its drivers online only to tell me it couldn't find them. When I manually point the add hardware wizard to the system32 folder and subdirectories, it...
January 22nd 08 11:23 PM
by Matt Go to last post
2 133
Vista disabling external firewire soundcard by pl
Vista decides to audiomatically disable my Echo Audiofire 4 soundcard after so long. Sometimes its after 5min, other times after an hour. I've disabled the onboard soundcard and reinstalled the drivers but nothing has solved the issue.
January 22nd 08 11:22 PM
by pl Go to last post
0 184
PC not recognizing usb devices by mattyooe
Does anyone have any idea why windows is not recognizing my usb devices? Won't sync with phone or usb mouse. Thanks!
January 22nd 08 11:22 PM
by mattyooe Go to last post
0 138
HDD after Energy-Saving-Mode gone by Colja
Sorry about my English (I am from Germany). I hope somebody can help me with this: After I wake the computer up from the "energy-saving-mode" one of my hard drives (I have 2) disappears from the list of my devices. Only the system drive is left. It is a S-ATA drive that still remains, but the other one (connected via IDE-cable) is gone. When I restart normally, it is there again. When I shut...
January 22nd 08 11:20 PM
by Colja Go to last post
0 126
Mobile Device Center Connect problems / Vista 64Bit by eddystone
I am having trouble getting my nice new (and previous ) phone to connect to Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center. I have Vista Ultimate 64bit and am trying to connect an HTC TyTN II phone(using WindowsMobile 6). Installed WMDC and Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 Driver forVista (64-bit), if I switch the phone to Active Sync and connect the USB cable I see the Gren Ball twisting for...
January 22nd 08 09:21 PM
by eddystone Go to last post
0 146
Printer Quirk by CWLee
I have an HP 932C Deskjet printer that works just fine with my Gateway computer running W-2000/Pro. I just switched it to my other computer, an HP running Vista Ultimate. Printer works (mostly) fine as near as I can tell. I have found one quirk so far. When I select a portion of a document, and the hit print, and then on the print menu I select print selection and then OK, the printer...
January 22nd 08 03:37 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
2 131
HP Photosmart 4200 won't scan... by AmandaT
I have an HP Photosmart 4200 printer that will print, but will not scan. When I press the 'scan' button, the LCD screen gives an error message stating that the USB is not connected. Given that the printer prints things just fine, this makes no sense to me. I received my computer as a gift this past Christmas with Vista Home already installed, and do not know if I have the 64-bit or 32-bit...
January 22nd 08 03:33 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
3 133
Vista recognizes device incorrectly by [email protected]
Hi, I have a SiL 3132 4-port SATA expansion PCI-E card. It came with XP drivers but I have managed to locate a Vista 64 bit driver (Silicon Image SATALink Controller for Windows Vista 64). Every time I try to install it under Vista, Windows insists it is a RAID Controller card and installs a RAID 5 driver. The card does support RAID but I want to use it as a straightforward expansion...
January 22nd 08 01:39 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 160
Windows Xp devices and Windows Vista Devices by Superfinkle
Will a device that states that it is supported by Xp,but says nothing about vista(created before vista)will it be able to work on a vista based computer?
January 22nd 08 10:45 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
4 154
Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V2060 sound drivers by Justas
Hello. I have a bit old Amilo Pro V2060 and Windows Vista Bussiness. This notebook is not Vista capable, bus all in all Im using Vista on it. I have one major sound problem. It is somehow realted with sound drivers. Is there any way that I can use sound on this computer? Maybe some upgrades will help here... or so. Thank you.
January 22nd 08 03:06 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 179
Need Help with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver by Mike McCollister[_2_]
I am using Windows Vista Ultimate and have the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family installed. The version is 7.14.10.1147 which is the version that came with Windows Update. When I right click on the desktop I have two extra menu items, "Graphics Properties..." and "Graphics Options". Under the "Graphics Options" menu item I have three...
January 21st 08 10:53 PM
by Mike McCollister[_2_] Go to last post
2 176
FAT32 & NTFS by Steve
Hello I have Vista Home premium running on my Compaq PC. The problem I've got is on the C: drive there is a D: partition which is FAT32. Obviously Vista (C: Drive) is NTFS. I believe that Vista uses D: to write temp files etc... but this is causing system crashes as the drive is almost full 9% left. What can I do to resolve the problem? Steve
January 21st 08 08:40 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] Go to last post
3 126
Hard disk by pierretherrien
I have vista home basic. Mi problem is that que el disk D ( presario_RP (D:)) is nearly full. His capacity is the 5.07 GB and the space to use is only 307 MB. The bar is red. What can I have to do for this problem? Thak you very much, -- Pierre
January 21st 08 08:34 PM
by vilsonalmeida Go to last post
3 177
memory transfer by crozetsam
Is there a simple way of downloading some pictures onto a SD memory stick? I have a card reader connected to an USB plug but can't figure how to download onto the stick. I am using XP. and I have Picacle, Print shop, and sonic software on computer
January 21st 08 07:59 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post

From The