memory problems? by LouLou
My 10 month old computer is showing 98% full on "C" drive (64.4 GB installed, 1.41 GB left) I'm running Windows Vista Home Basic. I'm just very confused as to why it is almost full when I hardly have anything on it yet. I've cleaned it up the best I can and deleted all that I think I can and I've defragmented after-with little or no change. I'm 10 months new to this computer world but any...
January 19th 08 08:59 PM
by SuperFly1971 Go to last post
6 219
TV Connecion times out by Pacemaker
I have an ATI Radeon X1300 series video controller that works fine as an interface to my Toshiba DLP TV. I use the system as both a DVR and a general computer. The problem that I'm having is that some piece of the system goes to sleep and won't come back again without a system reboot. This only happens when I go back to regular TV for an extended time. What I've done: - I've ensured that...
January 19th 08 08:36 PM
by Curious Go to last post
1 208
usb driver problem by mattnla
I have a sony handycam model # DCR-TRV140 NTSC . My new VAIO laptop with Vista does not recognize the usb driver on the cd that came with the camera. I want to be able to directly hook to laptop so I can burn to DVD . Any ideas???
January 19th 08 08:09 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 256
Partition allocation by Sangs
I have Windows vista home edition , hard disk 160GB. Created partion through Shrink of 60 GB. Now showing as 58.59 GB unallocated. When Through "New simple volume", what should be the simple volume size as selecting 59gb or any other size, shows "there is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation" Can anyone suggest? Restore has already been disabled
January 19th 08 03:15 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
4 149
vista won't recognize hard drive in explorer but does in disk mgt by codemonkey
I recently installed vista ultimate 32bit on my hp d530 cmt. All looked good at first. I installed it on a new 250gb WD sata drive. I also have a sata dvd-rw which is all good but took up my last sata port (only 2). Now I put in a new IDE seagate drive 500gb. At first vista recognized it and then I plugged in an external drive and all hell broke loose. The external drive wouldn't...
January 19th 08 11:41 AM
by BirgerH Go to last post
3 158
acer aspire 5610z by kropp1000
when i try to open it says jpeg fatal error, not a jpeg file:starts with 0x42 0x4d.and it wont open,what does that mean and how do i fix it.i restored it back to factory and it didnt work.the computer is only 2 weeks old HELP PLEASE
January 19th 08 04:20 AM
by Daman Go to last post
6 274
npkcrypt and other problems by Jason Custer[_2_]
I'm having a few problems, and if someone could help me with them, since I've dedicated ENTIRELY too much time to fixing them, with absolutely no positive results. #1.) I don't know if it's important, but "npkcrypt" is apparently either missing or damaged, according to Device Manager..... I imagine there's no file that's missing that can be GOOD, but I figured I'd ask if there's a way to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 18th 08 11:26 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
10 271
Caps Lock / Bloc Num problem by stewiggle
Whenever I press the Caps Lock or Bloc Num buttons, the keyboard gets disabled, and it doesn't work anymore.. I have to restart the system. I installed the last windows vista update few days ago, and also my touchpad now doesn't work (it's not a problem of drivers update), I don't know if this one can be the reason of the keyboard problem. Anyone has the same problems? Any...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 18th 08 11:24 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
12 304
Qualcomm USB Modem drivers for Win Vista...? by oc9ine
Hi, I have win vista, 640 MB, P4 2.4 ghz, I need Qualcomm USB Modem drivers for my win Vista? Can anyone plz help me in dis regard, I would really appreciate dat. Thanx 4 ur time n effort in advance. Oc9ine.
January 18th 08 11:20 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 135
Multi Monitor Display by Matt
I can't get my computer to recognize the second monitor. Any Suggestions? I'm dunning the Intel Q965/963 Express Chipset Family on my desktop.
January 18th 08 06:55 PM
by Harm7 Go to last post
1 132
Network Card issues by DBeaver
I have a fairly new desktop (8 months old) with windows xp. On another partition I installed Vista Business, then updated the chipset drivers for my system. The network adapter was not picked up so I installed it manually with the updated drivers from the manufacturer (integrated adapter) which seemed to work (it made a connection) but when I re-booted there was no network connection and the...
January 18th 08 06:43 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
8 117
Installing a new hard drive JC by Installing a new Hard Drive JC
I installed a new hard drive because my old one was too small, a 70GB 10,000rpm drive. It was 98% full. I coppied my old drive to the new 750 GB drive. I have Windows Vista ultimate 64 and I got a message stating that I have 2 days to give it an activation key. I am going on a trip tomorrow and will be back next week.
January 18th 08 06:34 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
3 142
vista64 only using 1 core of my pentium d....? bios counts 2 ? by jay22[_3_]
a few weeks ago i noticed a performance drop with vista 64 so i had a snoop around in task manager checked unwanted services etc only 2 notice it see's 1 cpu core for my pentium d 2.80 ? ive tried a re-installing and un-installing the cpu in device manager with only 1 core installed each time even thoe it knows what cpu model it has installed ? ive checked the bios which has 2 cores counted, ive...
January 18th 08 02:17 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
5 215
Printer all of sudden not recognized by Aaron
When i first got my new computer with windows Vista I plugged my printer in a Bam! we are printing. Now , 2 months later when I go to print nothing happens and when I check "find printer" it says " the active directory domain services are currently unavailable." I have tried reinstalling, rebooting, setting up a new usb port to no avail. What the heck has happened?
January 18th 08 04:48 AM
by Aaron Go to last post
1 123
Windows Vista and HP PhotoSmart D5145 (USB) by Debbie Rollins
I am using Windows Vista Ultimate and have an HP PhotoSmart D5145 inkjet printer that connects to my PC via USB. Everytime, and I do mean EVERYTIME, I boot my computer, Vista reinstalls the HP printer drivers and the HP Digital Imaging Monitor software. Vista always finds the drivers on my hard drive, but this has been going on since I upgraded to Vista from XP Pro and it's wearing on my...
January 18th 08 03:58 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
3 157
Can't install ANY hardware by Godslayer333
I used to think i was pretty knowageable about computers, but once i switched to vista, i haven't been able to figure out anything! I can't install my Usb hub, or my printer, or my logitech bluetooth reciever, even after downloading the new vista installations and drivers for them and everything. For what used to be cake on XP, was now something difficult and a pain. Even after getting all...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 18th 08 03:14 AM
by Godslayer333 Go to last post
14 214
USB ports by Joools
My USB ports no longer recognize any device I plug-in. I am afraid that I might have deleted something that I shouldn't have when cleaning up the hard drive.
January 18th 08 12:13 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 158
wake up don't work with remote by daniel
With USB mouse and USB keyboard, the wake up is correct but the computer goes on sleeping when I push power button on IR remote (USB IR receiver). USB wake up is set in BIOS and "allow device to wake up" set in Vista panel configuration. Any idea ?
January 17th 08 11:20 PM
by daniel Go to last post
0 110
wplayer freezes by ag
got new ltop, wmp 11 freezes at 19% when I try to burn cds, have no clue what is wrong, ltop is 3 weeks old thx
January 17th 08 07:51 PM
by ag Go to last post
0 105
Synchronisation Smartphone by [email protected]
If I delete one of the weekly repeated appointments on my smartphone, than is this appointment not deleted on my computer after synchronisation. How can I change that? I use Outlook 2002 on both devices, computer and smartphone. Neither can I delete it on my computer. I than get the remark: item can't be opened! Who can help me? Maria from The Netherlands.
January 17th 08 06:52 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post

From The