Fitting a file on cd by Plainfielder13
How do I fit a 1.65GB file on a 700MB CD? Its already in ISO Format. Would I covert into a DAA file? I do not know what to do. Help!
July 19th 07 07:34 PM
by David B. Go to last post
1 120
Sony MSAC-US1 USB memory stick reader by Jr
Worked perfect with ME and XP with no external drivers, just plugged it into USB port and it worked. Vista wants drivers and I cannot locate any on the web, Sony site and others thru Google. Seems like a step backward in that VISTA does not support such a simple device. Have home premium on one of my computers and do not think it is worth the money or hassle to install on the other two,...
July 19th 07 08:10 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 124
System Crash - HEEEELP PLEEEAASE by silvex
Hi! Sorry for my bad english. I have a Fujitsu Siemens amilo that worked very well with Windows XP. Some days ago I update to Windows Vista Enterprise. What happens now, is that when I insert a DVD the system crashes !!! the computer restarts and crashes again until I pull out the DVD from the DVD device. DVD Device is HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4040N ATA Device Video card is Mobility Radeon...
July 19th 07 08:14 PM
by freddy Go to last post
4 207
Mouse studdering by nick
I have just installed the 32 bit ultimate edition of vista, and at random times (sometimes even within 10 seconds of the last episode) my mouse stops responding. If I hit any key on my keyboard, or wait about 30 seconds, it starts responding again though, but usually only briefly. Its just extremely annoying to have to reach down every 15 seconds because my mouse stops responding. Iv tried...
July 19th 07 08:24 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 129
audio problem by Thomas
i never had audio problems. recently, i have a problem with the sound of my pc: i hear everything but the balance of the different sounds is incorrect. when i play music, the volume of the voice is too low. the overall sound is a bit metallic. when I play a movie, the sound of the voices is too low compared to the surround noise. I already tried to adapt the volume, but it did not work out.
July 19th 07 08:57 PM
by dean-dean Go to last post
1 107
Cooling fan on Toshiba laptop by Matt
I just bought a Toshiba Satellite A205 laptop with Vista. The cooling fan cycles on and off constantly when I'm using the machine. Is something wrong, or are there settings to control this?
July 19th 07 09:34 PM
by Generator Go to last post
6 131
Firewire Device and Windows Vista Ultimate by Rob
Greetings. This has probably been asked before, but I could not find a thread with my specific issue. I have an Seagate External USB/FireWire Hard Drive. XP recognized the FireWire connection just fine, however Vista does not. Device Manager shows the device as being compatible when I plug in the IEEE 1394 interface. No errors. But Disk Management will not see the drive.
July 19th 07 10:12 PM
by sbower Go to last post
1 124
1394 device not recognized by sbower
My Panasonic DV2500 tape deck is not recognized using Vista. It was fine with XP. Other 1394 devices are fine. Tried kb 927827, but made no difference.
July 19th 07 10:36 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 172
CD/DVD drives in Vista by Dan
Hi - Does anyone know if there would be any compatibility issues with the CD/DVD drives on a new PC that comes with Vista, if I were to re-format and load XP? I have a lot of games that aren't compatible with Vista, and all new desktops I can find don't come with XP anymore? Thanks for any help! Dan
July 19th 07 11:22 PM
by Yes it is not compatible ! Go to last post
9 121
External HDD's and Card Readers for Vista 64-Bit by Dylan Harrelson
I have Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit edition running on: Asus Crosshair AM2 Mobo AMD X2 6000+ Processor W.D. Cavair RE2 500GB SATA HD I have installed a 52 in 1 card reader in the machine, the machine detects the USB port on the device but does not detect any of the other card readers. Also I recently updated my MoBo BIOS and now my external HDD will not detect. I can run it on WinXP Pro...
July 20th 07 02:18 AM
by Dylan Harrelson Go to last post
9 158
New hard drive shows up in device manager but not windows explorer by Lakesidezx
Hello, I've added a new sata II hard drive to my windows vista home premium installation. When I started up vista, I got the little bubble in the lower right portion of the screen telling me that new hardware was detected and that drivers were beign installed. All went fine. When I go to device manager, the new hard drive shows up there, but in windows explorer it's nowhere to be found.
July 20th 07 02:36 AM
by Albert Trudeau Go to last post
8 160
SATA Drive unrecognized in Vista Ultimate by Albert Trudeau
I'm still looking for a solution for my problem. I have installed a 'secondary' SATA HDD and though you can see it in the "Disk Management" window (Computer Management Console), there isn't a drive letter assigned, nor can I assign a drive letter. The 'Volume' column shows the drive (without an assigned drive letter) The 'Layout' column shows "Simple" (just like the C: drive) The 'Type' is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 20th 07 03:06 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
10 224
peripheral device by Prasoon Kumar Gupta
hello whenever i am switching on my pc bluetooth,an error msg flashes saying '' could not install driver for bluetooth peripheral device'' so what should be done as i am using windows vista home premium (32 bit) regards
July 20th 07 06:38 AM
by Henry Ip Go to last post
2 107
shared printers by WJUT
I am having a problem connecting to a printer that is pluged into another computer on my network. I have tried everything that the window's help and support says and none of it has worked. Can you help me, please?
July 20th 07 10:02 AM
by freddy Go to last post
6 109
upgrading to smaller solid state disk by Chuckles
I am thinking about going to a solid state disk on my laptop. I probably won't do it until prices come down a bit, but meanwhile I am thinking about the process: (a) In the past I have done HD upgrades by running a full backup, then changing the HD, installing the OS, then restoring files and system state from the backup. Of course, my current OS is Win2K. What licensing problems will I have in...
July 20th 07 10:46 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 115
Disk Manager Shrunk Drive and Lost Disk Space by Paul
Hi, I have just bought an Acer Aspire 5290 and have experience some difficulties when trying to shrink the C: partition to generate some extra space on the D: partition - used disk management. I reduced the C: partition by 20GB expecting this disk space to become unallocated which I could then use to extend the D: partition. However, the C: drive reduced by 20GB (I think) but there is no sign of...
July 20th 07 01:21 PM
by JW Go to last post
4 127
Vista and Servers by Doug V.
Are there any servers that will work in a Medium Sized Business environment if all of the computers are running Vista?
July 20th 07 01:25 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 90
Reader by babykim4
I'm new to microsoft vista and Im having a hard time trying to get my media player to detect my cd's. Please someone help.
July 20th 07 01:58 PM
by freddy Go to last post
2 162
Does IR RC6 MCERC-200 Remote work with Vista? by Digital Mike
Hi, I recently upgraded to vista from Windows XP Media Center Edition, But now my ACER RC6 IR Remote Control does not work. I do not even know how to begin to try and make it work. How do i enable my remote control to work with Vista's Media Center? This remote came with my Laptop, i want it to work again?! Thanks for your help! This is driving me nuts!
July 20th 07 03:04 PM
by Grizz Go to last post
4 109
volume control bar by william tang
Hi im having this problem of the volume control bar. when i increase or decrease the volume , no pro of the voulme, but it wont show up the volume control bar into the destop screen..please advice me asap advance thanks you william tang
July 20th 07 04:00 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post

From The