Vista failing to recognise a sata drive in explorer by Fifi1628
Hi there, I have just installed a new SATA Samsung 500g drive into my computer. This is the second SATA drive. The device manager recognises that the drive is present but I can't see it in Windows explorer. All my drivers are up to date can anyone help me please?
January 13th 08 06:43 PM
by Cal Bear '66[_2_] Go to last post
1 180
Which disk image creation software is good for Vista? by Jack
Hello, In previous years I used Ghost to create the image of my harddrive. It was simple, easy procedure and very fast. I booted up computer to the command prompt and restored harddrive in few minutes!!! But it was FAT32 system. Now, with Vista I do not have a choice but to use NTSF file system. Which program offers the most features for disk image creation? I know it will be impossible for me...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 13th 08 06:23 PM
by cqui3 Go to last post
43 789
alltell wirless for desk tops by wendy
i have 2 users on my computer and i have the altell wireless card, I can get it to wk on one of the users but not the other, i have both users set up as administrators. Need help. -- wendy
January 13th 08 06:17 PM
by wendy Go to last post
0 173
Missing license key, USB flash drive Cruzer data stick 256 MB by Bert
When trying to access the data on my Sandisk USB Cruzer flash drive (256 MB) I keep getting the same message: Missing License Unable to locate key on currently available media. In order to access all the features available for this archive, please insert the Cruzer media that contains your license key and press retry. To continue without the key,press continue? What is the cause of this? I...
January 13th 08 03:51 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 126
hard drive by kristy
i am getting rid of my oled computer and i need to cleen off all the stuff on it wipe the hole thing cleen how do i do that so no one will ever be able to see what was on it
January 13th 08 03:37 PM
by Gary Mount Go to last post
3 235
New monitor and other problems by jwsy5902
I'm running Vista Home Basic and have always had some issues with the display. The settings have always changed on their own, but since I updated to an LCD widescreen monitor (Starlogic, 21 inch) things have gotten much worse. Recommended resolution for this monitor is 1680x1015@60Hz. When it's set to that, some things are fine but on some web pages, while the window itself fits the screen the...
January 13th 08 03:09 PM
by Gary Mount Go to last post
1 135
Slave hard drive almost invisable by MarkElmy
In my machine on the primary ribbon cable I have a new master 250GB hard drive upon which I have installed Vista. As the slave on the same ribbon I have my old XP boot disc, which is still bootable if I change the primary device in the BIOS to be IDE1 On the secondary ribbon cable I have two DVD RW. (Not important but included for completeness). They're both Hitachi deskstar drives Vista of...
January 13th 08 02:55 PM
by Gary Mount Go to last post
1 139
XP install has screwed up my vista partition by bobbymcsteels
Ok I asked posted this problem about a month ago in the XP forum but didn't get many answers and was told that It was in the wrong forum so here's the 'link ' (http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=874511)to the page. Basically I had Vista installed on my Sata hdd(500gb), and decided to install XP on an Ide hdd (120gb). I had changed the priority of the hdd in the bios to the Ide and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 13th 08 12:45 PM
by bobbymcsteels[_11_] Go to last post
14 234
update installation failed by igal
Here is report: Hewlett-Packard - Other Hardware - HP Photosmart C3100 Series (DOT4USB) Installation date: ‎11/‎13/‎2007 3:00 AM Installation status: Failed Error details: Code 80070103
January 13th 08 11:12 AM
by philpeat Go to last post
1 107
wireless mouse on vista by [email protected]
You won't need a driver. Just plug the base station thingy in to the PC, press the "connect" buttons (if there are any), and it'll work. Same for me, for my wireless mice, I've used several, you press a link button on the base USB unit, and a button on the mouse, then it works, no driver needed. Possible causes of problems Range - plugging the dongle into the back of the case, where it is...
January 13th 08 11:01 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 110
Alps Pointing Device Driver. by Matty1992
Hi, After about 10 minutes of me being on my laptop, a message appears telling me the Alps Pointing Device has stopped working and that it had to close. This then disables the scrolling function on the right hand side of the touchpad. The only way i can get it to start working again is if i either restart or open the folder for the driver and run the exe. Please help me fix this problem as...
January 13th 08 04:12 AM
by No Name Go to last post
1 90
Flash Drive and Boot Reset or Computer Death by Erik HG
I have a custom Flash Drive. It works great in 90% of computers, but in the other 10% it has two problems: 1) it randomly resets the computer (no blue screen!), and 2) will not allow a boot (stuck on the PC logo before the drive boots). This flash drive mounts as a Hard Drive. It has a read-only partition table and boot sector. If anyone has any ideas or good references, please let me...
January 12th 08 11:52 PM
by V Green Go to last post
3 114
unable to install display drivers for dual monitors by Andrea Gates
We are upgrading our Dell systems to Vista Ultimate in this branch office. Then, roll out to other offices across Southern California. The display adapter in the systems are Nvidia GeForce FX5500 (drivers is Microsoft WDDM). We are taking the old Dell system's adapters Dell Nitro 3D (STB Systems VGA boards, S3 ViRGE/GX 86C385 IC) to set up dual monitors. We are able to use this combinations...
January 12th 08 09:30 PM
by JW Go to last post
7 132
windows update results in network failure by Fred Casa[_2_]
After installing important/recommended Windwos updates on my Dell Inspiron XPS, Windows can't find the broadband connection via my router (another PC is still connected to the internet via the same router). After System Restore, the network connection is re-established. What is happening? Any advice? The choice seems to be between updates and internet connection.
January 12th 08 07:24 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
2 89
error 1024 by aga
Hi, I get this error message : hardware error :1024 what do I need to do to rectify this please. regards aga
January 12th 08 07:22 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] Go to last post
4 136
Problems with Lifecam vx-1000 by Pluizer
Hello everyone, Yesterday I bought the Lifecam vx-1000, as I was looking for a new webcam for Vista. The installation was no problem. However, as soon as I tried to use the programme of the webcam the problems started. The programme was crashing all the time and just doesn't work fine. The webcam itself works great, because I tested it on a different PC (Windows XP). I suppose you've heard this...
January 12th 08 06:33 PM
by Theo[_2_] Go to last post
1 151
Sidewinder Central for MSFF2 Joystick by Baza
Is there any way of getting the 'recorder' in this software to run under Vista? Under XP disabling DEP for joy.cpl would let it run but Vista wont allow this.
January 12th 08 06:07 PM
by Baza Go to last post
0 109
Extreme Loading by Xasthur
I get extreme hard drive processing when I play music. ESPECIALLY new music which is odd. It goes away, comes back, goes away, comes back... I turned indexing off and I have Vista Basic 32bit
January 12th 08 05:41 PM
by Xasthur Go to last post
0 106
Windows - No Disk by harmonp
I'm running Vista Ultimate. Recently, when installing a new program that requires reading from more than one CD or DVD, when I remove the first disk to put in the second disk, I get an error message: "Windows-No Disk, Exception Processing Message", followed by 0xc0000013 Parameters 0x75A4023C 0x8AEB5E2C 0x75A4023C 0x75A4023C I have the choice of "Cancel," "Try Again," or "Continue." I can...
January 12th 08 05:19 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
6 154
Only seeing 2 out of 4 GiB of ram by Jason
I've read all of the "I'm not seeing all of the 4GiB of ram" articles and none of them seem to match my problem. I have 2 sticks of 2GiB ram (Mushkin) installed in dual-channel. The bios on my mainboard (EVGA) recognizes all 4GiB of it, so that isn't the problem. I'm running SLI graphics cards with 512MiB each. When I look at system info, it says I only have 2GiB installed. I just don't...
January 12th 08 04:23 PM
by JW Go to last post

From The