Microphone problems with vista by court
i have a laptop with vista x32 bit and i cannot get my microphone to work i have a logitech clearchat headset, i have tried everything i can think of i know the microphone works cause i tried it on a computer with xp. it is set as default recording device and the sound and boost is turned all the way up
January 9th 08 12:55 AM
by Irishladdy Go to last post
2 123
Back-up and System Restore by Burr
Hi, Last night I decided to do a system back-up because I noticed that my Windows firewall was turned off. I also thought that that doing the back-up was a recommended process. I wanted to back up the files on CDs , but the process began and I think my D drive just made a back up of itself on my system because I went from having disk space to having 0% free. I went to system restore and...
January 9th 08 12:16 AM
by Burr Go to last post
0 108
sound help with vista by deafwithvista
i did clean instal of vista to down-grade my computer's performance. i got most of the bugs fixed, but i still have no sound. when i go to device manager it says that the device cannot start, error code 10. also, the little speaker thingy in the toolbar says "no output device installed". can anyone help me here? please? don't make me beg, because there's nothing worse than a fat man begging
January 8th 08 10:41 PM
by kieronm Go to last post
4 162
Fixed my external monitor problem - thought it may help somebody e by MeWivFree
I posted this problem a few days ago: "Subject: Vista doesn't save monitor settings? I am using a Toshiba Satellite P100-160 laptop, but am also trying to have things set up so that when my laptop is on my desk I have an external keyboard and the main monitor is an external Samsung SyncMaster 913N. Because we work from home and there are young children around I have my screensaver set to...
January 8th 08 09:06 PM
by MeWivFree Go to last post
0 140
ATI USB Video box by Richard
Is there anyone who has gotten the ATI 650 USB video box to function properly under Vista? I finally got it to load, but the CPU hangs at 100% with the X10 and remote control utilities running. I just can't get any functionality and even the Windows media utility that could also work with this USB box won't function. Richard
January 8th 08 08:00 PM
by Richard Go to last post
0 138
driver for zen 4gb by chevy57
looking fot a direction to go, have vista premimum 32bit and a plays for sure zen 4gb new, and have checked to make sure compaitble, when installing creatives software everthing loads ok, but the drivers for the zen, in device manager it shows the zen with and ! in the trinagle, says it does not have a driver and will not locate one, have tryed other usb ports but same thing
January 8th 08 07:49 PM
by chevy57 Go to last post
0 138
USB - Safely Remove Hardware Screen by Rastachink
I have the Vista 32-bit home premium. Whenever I go to safely remove any hardware from the USB ports all the USBs are labelled as "USB Mass Storage". This makes it very difficult to know what is what as none of the devices are labelled. Is there a way to get Vista to label the devices being used as I've seen with XP?
January 8th 08 07:04 PM
by HighNoon Go to last post
2 142
vista wanting drivers by jakes
I recently purchased vista home premium. I have 3 usb flash drives and external hard drive. None of them work. Each time I plug them in, vista wants me to install drivers. I do not have cd's. Ive been to my local pc shop and advised me to re-intall vista. which I did. No changes. Can some boffin out there please help?
January 8th 08 06:52 PM
by Mamamegs [MS MVP] Go to last post
1 137
Printer keeps re-installing by gmaof3
I have an HP4200 series all in one at home and the same printer at work. I use a laptop with Vista. Most of the time my computer tries to reinstall the printer when I move from one printer to the other, or if I disconnect from one of the printers and then reconnect, it does the same thing- tries to reinstall. Sometimes I end up with 3 or more copies of the same printer being installed....
January 8th 08 05:06 PM
by rajinisback[_54_] Go to last post
5 129
Docked/Undocked Profile by DavidMo
Is there a way to reset the 'docked' profile in Vista Ultimate? after months of working just fine, when I put my Dell M90 on the port replicator, it boots up to a black screen and the only thing you can do is move your mouse around. If I take it off the replicator, it boots just fine. I'm thinking that 'docked' profile has somehow become corrupted.
January 8th 08 03:51 PM
by DavidMo Go to last post
0 120
Brother MFC-6800 Driver by [email protected]
I have the same problem. MFC-6800 that worked fine with XP pro doesn't work with Vista x64. I am using USB connection and Microsoft built in drivers. Scanner works. Printer doesn't. If I use "Print directly to the printer" option in Advanced tab of the printer property dialog I am getting the following error: "Test page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooterfor...
January 8th 08 02:07 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 270
Samsung SH-S203 DVD Burner by Count
Vista Home Premium I just got a new Samsung SH-S203 DVD burner from Newegg. Can't find drivers. Any help would be appreciated. My system doesn't seem to recognize this unit. Samsung site does not seem to know this unit. FRED
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 8th 08 02:01 PM
by nbassili[_3_] Go to last post
12 639
Scsi Cdrom ejects constantly by Aceangler
I have a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1401 scsi drive that ejects constantly. I have updated the drivers for the scsi controller, Adaptec AHA-2940 PCI, but it still persists. It works fine as long as I have a disc in the drive and am actively using it, but as soon as its idle, eject. Any Suggestions? Vista Home Basic Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 2.1Ghz 1g Ram DDR 2 WD 40g drives
January 8th 08 01:37 PM
by Aceangler Go to last post
0 135
Bluetooth mouse problems by cairnsie13
I have recently purchased a bluetooth mouse for my hp vista laptop. The mouse installed fine and works well. However when i shutdown the computer the mouse shuts off the optical light as though it has switched itself off. when I reboot my computer the only way i can get the mouse to work again is to take out and put back the bateries in the mouse search via bluetooth and reinstall the mouse....
January 8th 08 01:27 PM
by cairnsie13 Go to last post
0 95
My Cache is full and slowing the internet down by Michael
My Cache is full and i would like to delate it, i'm using Windows Vista Home basic could someone help me here
January 8th 08 11:35 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 102
dvdrw writes but doesn't read by dar
windows vista premium,upgrade from basic,febuary.worked perfect till last week.I can now put in blank cd and burn music,but if i put in software disc or vista upgrade disc too reinstall os the disc turns but nothing happens.I click start then click computer,then it shows hard drives (2)-local disc (c:)143gb,local disc (d:)5.75gb, devices with removeable storage (1)-dvd rw drive (e:),then i...
January 8th 08 11:03 AM
by nbassili Go to last post
4 155
HP officejet 6210 driver not installing by Legin
Hi Can someone help me. I have installed Vista on a Macbook pro through Bootcamp, but trying to install my printer is driving me crazy. I have downloaded the latest version of the software. It goes through and when asked to connect the printer it detects it but will not install the driver. I have tryed downloading the software several times. Uninstalling and reinstalling. Adding printer. I...
January 8th 08 06:05 AM
by Legin Go to last post
0 114
VideoMate card for video capture by p.jayant
Before installing 32-bit Vista, I have upgraded the motherboard on my computer to Pentium 945 with dual core processor, increased the RAM to 2GB and changed the graphic card to NVIDIA Geforce 7300 SE.
January 8th 08 04:55 AM
by p.jayant Go to last post
2 149
Keybord lost some function after upgrade to Vista by Eric Ng[_4_]
Hi, I just upgrade my platform from XP to Vista , however , my keybord lost some of it's funtion e.g. CTRL + mouse right click for files selection , Shift + mouse right click for a range of file selection. Anyone know the reason ? Thanks in advance for the help. EriC Ng
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 7th 08 08:51 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
10 176
recover partion on hard disc by alexanderd
i have just uninstalled agnitium true image 10 from my PC and installed norton ghost. I am now left with a 125GB partion (fat 32) which i would like to reclaim. The rest of my system is formatted as ntfs. i am using windows vista buisness. can any one suggest how to reclaim the lost 125GB -- alexanderd
January 7th 08 04:37 PM
by alexanderd Go to last post

From The