  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Altec Lansing XT1 USB Speakers.. by Powerffix
To Whom It May Concern, I have the Altec Lansing XT1 speakers that I'm currently using on my laptop. I love the speakers but there is one simple problem. I am using Windows Vista and they work perfectly but they disable my screen saver when plugged in. This didn't happen in XP but in Vista it disables the screen save. When I unplug them, my screen saver comes on. I would really...
October 6th 07 03:01 AM
by Doug Go to last post
3 137
Alternative for Windows Media Center using Vista? by Matt
Hi, I recently upgraded from Windows XP to Vista. Unfortunately the Windows Media Center on my Vaio (VGC-RA828G) is not recognizing the factory installed Tuner card (Giga Pocket® MPEG2 Realtime Encoder/Decoder board with TV Tuner). I called Microsoft and they tell me I have to go to Sony. I called Sony and they tell me to uninstall Vista. So my questions is... Is there some other...
February 23rd 07 04:59 AM
by Matt Go to last post
0 202
Alternative On-demand Way to Run HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One Wireless Network Printer? by Susan[_7_]
Does anyone know or is it possible to run HP All-in-One Solution Center software wirelessly on-demand? When all the printer applications load at startup there seems to be significant drain/time involved. Since I only need to load and run the printer when I have something to scan, print, copy, fax, etc. I would prefer it not already loaded. In the course of trying to figure this out for myself...
February 1st 09 09:50 PM
by DL Go to last post
1 208
Always prompted to update NVIDIA RAID Drivers by william
My boot partition is RAID 5 array on Gigabyte MB with NVIDIA 590 SLI chipset. OS is Vista Home Premium 64-bit. Everytime I boot computer it says Windows has detected new hardware and tries to install new RAID drivers that computer found via Windows Update. This hgas been happening for six weeks. I am given three choices by Vista prompt. I can install drivers, wait til next bootup or don't...
August 2nd 07 02:52 PM
by william Go to last post
2 144
Am I suffering from KB940199 by [email protected]
I don't have a Infcache.1 in the %Windir%\System32 directory and my Infcache.1 in %Windir%\inf is constantly getting corrupted! Most USB devices won't install automatically and I am reduced to deleting Infcache.1 in %Windir%\inf\Infcache.1 and then manually selecting the device. I have never recieved the "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device. Windows...
February 22nd 08 06:43 PM
by sector7g Go to last post
3 151
AMCAP “Video capture Pin.” by NYM
when I try to use this feature on MS LIFECAM VX-3000 on Vista I get a message " a problem caused the program to stop working properly. Widows....will notify you if a solution is available". I have been waiting for weeks for a solution. This cam and its software doesn't work with Yahoo Chats on Vista
October 27th 07 05:05 PM
by NYM Go to last post
0 119
AMD 3400+ runs at ~800 Mhz!! Supposed to run at 2200 Mhz by ZebraB
I can't get Vista to recognize my 3400+ to have a frequency of 2200 Mhz or at least to run it at 2200 Mhz. I tried everything around those energy plans, no change! PLS someone help me! I have a Vista System in a different language, so please post every answer step by step or I might not be able to follow!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 17th 07 07:02 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
11 391
AMD Athlon 64 3400+ running too slow by Ismaan
Hi everyone, I am having trouble getting my Athlon 64 3400+ CPU to actually run at normal speed under Vista Ulitmate. I have read to other posts on this topic and so far have established that Cool'n Quiet will not work for me because my motherboard does not provide the correct APCI information. In principle I have no problem with this as I don't really care if Cool'n Quiet is disabled. The...
February 16th 07 03:55 PM
by BSchnur Go to last post
3 195
AMD Athlon 64 x 2 System crash by Dazmarv
Hi Folks . I have been running my system now for 2 years with 3 operating systems on separate drives. I have just updated my processor from AMD Athlon 64 3500+ to a AMD Athlon 64 x2 Duel Core 4800+ . The xp pro 64 bit version runs fine as does the xp pro . My problem is with the Vista Ultimate operating system . The system starts fine and will just sit at the welcome screen no problems but when i...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 4th 08 08:12 PM
by Dazmarv Go to last post
13 404
Amd Athlon 64 X2 4800+ problem by betanews.microsoft.com
Hi, I'm having problems finding suitable device drivers for this processor. I have found XP and 2003 ones but Vista only seems to run one of the cores, the other it says this: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you Vaughan
February 10th 07 05:13 PM
by Hertz_Donut Go to last post
2 192
AMD Cool'n'Quiet don't work in Vista? by Sven
How do I set the "powersetting" in RC2 to let my AMD 4800+ X2 make use of Cool'n'quiet? In WindowsXP it should be set at "Minimal Power Management", but there is no such setting in Vista (or at least I can't find it). Will I have to get a seperate driver for Vista from AMD to get it to work? It did not work in RC2, and I can't get it to work now in a full Vista. Can someone guide me through this...
February 5th 07 07:25 AM
by koze Go to last post
4 176
AMD Cool'n'Quiet in RC2? by Sven
How do I set the "powersetting" in RC2 to let my AMD 4800+ X2 make use of Cool'n'quiet? In WindowsXP it should be set at "Minimal Power Management", but there is no such setting in Vista (or at least I can't find it). Will I have to get a seperate driver for Vista from AMD to get it to work? Regards Burgurne
January 30th 07 09:34 AM
by Detlev Rackow Go to last post
6 204
AMD Cool'n'Quiet™ Drivers for Vista 32-bit by Dylan
AMD Cool'n'Quiet™ Drivers for Vista 32-bit does anyone know if these drivers are available? I'm trying to run AMD's dashboard software to monitor my cpu's frequency, temp, voltage, and fan speed. I need AMD's drivers to run this software, it won't work with the Microsoft drivers that come with vista.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 3rd 06 08:23 AM
by Hertz_Donut Go to last post
15 208
AMD Dual Core Optimizer Needed in Vista (32 bit)? by broccolibeef
Under Vista (Ultimate, 32 bit), do I need to install the AMD dual core optimizer for my AMD dual core proc(x2, 3800+, Toledo)? The AMD Dual Core Optimizer can be found he http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html Thanks!
April 6th 07 03:21 AM
by NjetSpam Go to last post
4 123
AMD question by phionex
Just wondering if any body could tell me why AMD don't support DDR3 yet or at all? thinking of buying new mob
February 1st 08 09:19 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
1 128
AMD Turion X2 64 by Todd Hudson
Is this a 64 bit processor? If so, can I run Vista 64 bit? If so, can I load 32 bit software without issues? Thanks
January 2nd 07 03:38 AM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
4 179
AMD X2 Dual Core and Vista Ultimate Problems by mowgs69
hi all,i have just updated my processor in vista ultimate 64 from amd 64 3200 to the amd x2 dual core 64 4200 and when i booted up for the first time vista says searching for new drivers to install for my new hardware then comes up failed for unknown device.!!!! tried searching on amd website and on windows update but no driver for processor . I run a dual boot with xp64 and vista64 when i booted...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 5th 07 09:44 PM
by Jason Knutson Go to last post
11 227
amilo 3438g - power or fan management does not work by tkj
Hi i own a fujitsu-siemens 3438g, using windows XP, i was able to run it in silent mode (not much fan noise), and the fan stopped automatically when not needed. I now installed Windows Vista on my computer, and the FAN is always on, i hate it... a noisy buzz - infact if i dont find a solution anytime soon, im back to XP :-( i updated the BIOS with the newest version, the Chipset drivers...
April 6th 07 08:08 AM
by tkj Go to last post
0 113
ammonia based glass cleaners by Squibbly
where can i find them in the uk as they dont seem to have any just alcohol based glass cleaners or anionic/nonionic cleaners dont ask me for the last one, im baffled about it myself
September 13th 07 05:56 PM
by Leo Go to last post
8 129
An HDD is too busy. What would help? by Dima
Hello! My HDD activity indicator lights up for 20 minutes and even mouse cursor freezes some times. This is because of uTorrent 1.8.3 and video conversion activity I guess. Will increasing of RAM from 2gb to 6gb help? Can I combine 2x1gb 800mhz installed modules with new 2x2gb 1066mhz modules? Page file is on G: HDD already, not C:. Windows Vista is x64. What would help? How to know what makes...
July 24th 09 09:10 PM
by Dima Go to last post

From The