Mouse freezing up by denmarfl
Is anyone else having the problem where the mouse freezes? You click on a tab, or a buttom...and nothing happens. It is as if the Window you are working in is in-Active. I click elsewhere...and come back and click on the Window again...most of the times that corrects the problem. Also some times I feel the alignment of the Mouse pointer to what you are clicking on is slighly off.....the...
January 6th 08 11:12 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 182
USB port modes being shuffled with every reboot by NettiWelho
mobo: p5k deluxe (bios updated to 0705) vista home premium, all updates upto to date so, every time i restart the computer, it seems to re-shuffle the modes of the USB ports (ie. fullspeed-fullspeed-highspeed-highspeed and after reboot highspeed-fullspeed-highspeed-fullspeed), i have 2 devices connected that require the highspeed mode, external 400gb harddrive and DVB-T-receiver, according...
January 6th 08 08:29 AM
by NettiWelho Go to last post
0 140
Silicon Image SiI 0680 Ultra-133 Medley ATA Raid Controller by Colin Medway Kent
Hi all I am on the look out for a driver for my Raid Card (PCI NOT OB) I have downloaded 9 of them but none which will work with vista, I know the card works because it worked with XP home !!! I am on Vista Home Basic, Any one know what or where I can get them from ?? I do not want to boot into raid just run it in windows,
January 6th 08 07:26 AM
by grigione[_2_] Go to last post
2 141
windows vista media player 11 by kevinj1965
ageWhen i try to start my media player 11 i get message that says the file wmploc.dll has a version number of 11.0.6000.6336 where 11.0.6000.6344 was expected. It says it was not installed properly and must be reinstalled. I cant find a download on windows website.Any suggestions anybody?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 6th 08 06:11 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
27 624
my USB 2.0 "full"? How possible? by Brad
I've got 1.80 GB Free space on my USB. That's what my PC says anyway. But if I try to save anything on it, a message comes back, "This location on disk F: is full. Choose another location and try again. I'm currently using Live One Care to keep the PC clean, if that rings any bells. I've inserted another new USB into another port (location G:), and I'm able to save to it. But I'm...
January 6th 08 04:24 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
6 189
speaker problem in vista - realtek onboard sound card by Neerav
in xp all speakers would play at an equal volume and with equal clarity. in vista only the front speakers with full volume, depth and clarity. the rear speakers arent playing preperly. when i uncheck "speaker fill" they wont play at all. when i play the test music in realtek control panel all play correctly but not with windows media player. Neerav
January 6th 08 03:54 AM
by Neerav Go to last post
4 193
numlock key by wallo
I purchased a Toshiba laptop 3 to 4 months ago and am not familiar with computers that much. My Num Lock key doesn't work even when the light is on, it won't let me use the number keypad. Does anybody know how to fix this it is probably simple but I don't know how. Thank you in advance. -- weez
January 6th 08 02:40 AM
by DevilsPGD Go to last post
2 155
problem the last two weeks by timmjann[_2_]
started with Vista 2 months ago on a new laptop and everything was ok....but suddenly 2 weeks ago I can not open some pages on internet, it says something about HTTP........ I have not change anything on the computer, what shall I do? I logged in on my sons hotmail-he lended it to me so please if you have a great solution my own mailadress is: I am living in Sweden...
January 5th 08 11:40 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 117
Erratic Mouse pointer by RichC593
For the last month my mouse pointer moves about the display randomly as I type. Doesn't matter what program I am using including now as I am writing this message. I have run three different spyware programs and have Trend Micro AV which all show my system as free from any unwanted files. I am running Vista business on Dell Inspiron 8600 with 2 gigs of ram and have tried three different...
January 5th 08 09:48 PM
by RichC593 Go to last post
1 121
Need Driver to install portable hard drive by No longer like vista
Vista will not recongnize my portable hard drives. I can see and data to the drives on windows xp, but once I've put the drives on vista, it does not work. Update for Windows Vista, 32-bit versions (KB940199), does not solve my problem. please help.
January 5th 08 08:02 PM
by DevilsPGD Go to last post
8 153
No sound - red light in headphone jack by Visceral
Hello. I have a laptop with Vista on it. It is a hand-me-down from another in my family. When I got it, I naturally wanted a clean slate, so I wiped the hard drive and reinstalled everything. Ever since, I have been getting no sound out of either the speakers or the headphone jack, and their is this little red light shining out of the headphone jack. I have reinstalled all my drivers,...
January 5th 08 07:52 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 142
Unable to access external DVD/SATA drive by freyes75
I recently backed up some DVD's on my system. Now I can no longer access my external hard drive or DVD recorder. It does not appear in Computer or in the device manager. I have reinstalled windows, but they still do not appear. Yet, when I plug in my Flash Drive, it recognizes it. I have a Toshiba, Satellite P105. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
January 5th 08 07:17 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 156
Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 by Kajunite
I have 32 bit Windows Vista and purchased the Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 and it had the Vista decal on the box. The salesperson said that it was for Vista. I plugged it in and it would not recognize the product. It simply would not work. I downloaded the software and installed the software on my machine. I have turned my E Machine off and plugged it both ways and turned it on and...
January 5th 08 06:16 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
7 146
Can't look at Properties for ANY drive. by Egamst3k
Just built a new system and installed Home Premium x64. Everything was running OK for a while and then things started crashing and the computer wouldn't start up every time. So I thought, why not check the HDD to make sure everything was alright... Except when I right-clicked and went down to Properties, Explorer crashed. Not just one time, every single time. I tried DVD's, Floppys, and USB...
January 5th 08 06:07 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 112
Windows keeps asking me for drivers... by laxmanb
....everytime I plug in a USB flash disks. And while I know where they are (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERSTORE), it just is plain annoying. It even asks me for drivers sometimes where there's nothing plugged in. It used to find drivers automatically before from the hard drive, but mysteriously doesn't do that anymore. It also used to install drivers once (when a new device was first plugged...
January 5th 08 03:53 PM
by laxmanb Go to last post
0 139
no 'FDISK' in Vista? by krslagle
I'm trying to add a second HD and and I open command prompt to open the fdisk utility and that command is unrecognizeable. I punch in 'help' and fdisk is not even listed in the help list. When did this change for windows to not include fdisk???????
January 5th 08 03:08 PM
by krslagle Go to last post
4 111
Vista 64Bit Raid 1 crcdisk.sys crash by Kantoo
I installed Vista Ultimate 64 bit on a non raid 500gb wd hard drive. After using it for about 2 months with no problems I decided to buy another identical wd 500gb hard drive and configure the system for raid 1. Once the drive was installed and the array built, when trying to boot the system it loads the os as far as crcdisk.sys then blue screens (to quick to read) and reboots. The same...
January 5th 08 12:29 PM
by Paul Shapiro Go to last post
5 179
Lost network connection by Ken[_8_]
Running Vista and can no longer open my Maxtor III external hard drive. It appears as working properly in device manager. My Computer does not show 'G' or 'P' drives any more - the 'G'used to be pick up the USB connection. Please help. -- KJ
January 5th 08 09:52 AM
by Ken[_8_] Go to last post
0 104
Cant connect Xbox 360 Guitar Hero Controller by Ukulele_ninja
I just bought a wireless 360 guitar hero controller to use with GH3 for pc. I was told by microsoft earlier that my Wireless Optical Desktop Receiver 3.0A that I use for my wireless desktop would work to connect my controller, but I dont know how to do it. I held down the button on the receiver and pressed the connect button on the controller but they wont sync up. I also downloaded the Xbox...
January 5th 08 04:45 AM
by Ukulele_ninja Go to last post
0 102
New Kodak EasyShare Software (ver. 6.4) Available Today by Cal Bear '66
New Kodak EasyShare Software (ver. 6.4) Available Today http://kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=7895&pq-locale=en_US I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 5th 08 04:36 AM
by gmramirez Go to last post