Creating another Hardware profile by bigbill[_2_]
Vista seems to only have a docked and undocked hardware profile and I cannot seem to find a way to create a custom one so I can choose different configurations at boot as we had in XP. Anyone know how to create a new profile? I know how to add and remove services in the services tab but can't seem to add a new profile. thanks, Bill -- bigbill
January 2nd 08 04:09 PM
by bigbill[_2_] Go to last post
0 150
Vista Audio to specfic device by application? by [email protected]
I have two playback devices in my Volume Mixer, Speakers and Headphones. When I want to play games, I always want the sound to go through the headphones, but otherwise I want the audio to go through the Speakers. Is this possible? Most of my games do not allow me to change the playback device.
January 2nd 08 03:57 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 123
windows vista: sound recorder by usualobject0
I have windows vista home basic, installed on my laptop and I am having a problem with the sound recorder. Everytime I open it up, a window pops up saying, "Windows Sound Recorder is not installed properly. Run REGSVR32 WavDest.Dll." How do i go about fixing this problem?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 2nd 08 03:27 PM
by usualobject0 Go to last post
14 392
Wireless mouse stopped working on x64 Ultimate by Nigel s
I just installed the lastest updates to my machine and restarted it only to find the wireless mouse has stopped working. tried the connect buttons, no joy. I replaced the rechageable batteries with new ones (charged) and with alkaline batteries , no joy. I changed the receiver, no joy. I changed the mouse, no joy. plugged in a ps2 mouse and it works fine. Device manager say its working...
January 2nd 08 03:16 PM
by Nigel s Go to last post
1 168
how to tell if I have dvd writer or just reader by -keevill-
How can I tell if my dvd rom is a writer or just a combo reader ? It says cd rom rewriteable on the outside and when after I installed Nero, I get the option to burn dvd or cd but when I try to burn a dvd there is no device listed. Is there a way to determine from just looking at the pc from outside?
January 2nd 08 03:11 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
3 284
DVD-RW won't read disk by Chris
I have a DVD-RW drive that I have used to record several CDs and DVDs. Recently one of the DVDs will not open, the drive is reading it as a blank disc. When I insert it in the drive, after a few seconds the Blank Disc Options menu pops up. When I go to My Computer and click on the F Drive, it reads the disk and then says "No Files". But when I first go to my computer and look at the F...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 2nd 08 03:09 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
10 482
Error during start up by Carmen
I keep receiving an 'error' message: "Count not load or run E:/SETUP.EXE SPEDIFIED IN THE REGISTRY. MAKE SURE THE FILE EXISTS ON YOUR COMPUTER OR REMOVE THE RFERENCE TO IT IN THE REGISTRY." This file does not exist on my computer...I can find no reference to it anywhere except when windows vista is starting...I must 'exit' out of it to continue with start-up. This is driving me crazy. Any...
January 2nd 08 02:36 PM
by Carmen Go to last post
2 174
Multiple monitors - Vista does not detect new second monitor by Jeanne
I have recently purchased a new quad-core, Vista PC with dual NVidia cards. I am trying to set up multiple monitors, but the second monitor does not seem to be recognized - although the display under control panel sees two monitors. When I connect everything and reboot, the second monitor stays in power save mode. I am guessing that the PC is not really "seeing" the second monitor and the...
January 2nd 08 02:07 PM
by John[_22_] Go to last post
4 168
USB by Spiderfreak in Sweden[_2_]
Can anyone please help me. I have four USB ports in the back of my computer. They are all used up. 1: Extern USB HardDive 2: Extern USB HardDrive 3: Printer Canon ip4500 4: USB conectedion for mouse and keyboard.
January 2nd 08 01:33 PM
by John[_22_] Go to last post
3 315
External USB Hardrive - Loses Connection by GW
Hi, My external drive keeps dropping its USB connection. I can't see it as a drive in My Computer, can't access. The only way I can get access to the drive is to to reboot, or unplug the USB cable to the drive and plug back in. Thanks for your help. Tammie!
January 2nd 08 12:57 PM
by GW Go to last post
2 107
vista and pocket pc by steve_lynn
I have brought a new computer with vista home installed and it will not let me connect my pocket pc. I have tried everyway possible that i know i have the original disc for the pc, but it keeps telling me their is a conflict with vista. WHY?
January 2nd 08 11:25 AM
by Dominic Payer Go to last post
1 117
cd drive by daisymoo
I am having trouble with my cd drive/burner actually detecting a disk in the drive. Some discs are detected immediately while others aren't picked up at all. This seems regardless of whether they are copied or professional however blank discs give me the most trouble.
January 2nd 08 06:58 AM
by herreodin Go to last post
3 157
Windows Media Player Does Not Load Sync List ONLY!! on MP3 by Rico
When I select songs for my MP3 player, Media Player loads more than the sync list. Any reason why and how to overcome the problem?
January 2nd 08 06:11 AM
by Rico Go to last post
0 100
DVD/CD Burner not recognising Disks by Ribeye
Hi all, I have a unique problem. I have a combo DVD/CD burner. It recognizes blank DVD's and will record to them (not using vista burning proggie of course, it never worked right, I mean never !!) but half of my blank CD's don't show up in Win Explorer and I can't use them. Out of a 100 pack I'm lucky if 50 of them work. Sony DVD 100 Pack - trashed into the garbage. Bought a new pack and...
January 2nd 08 04:13 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
9 129
Intel Chipset 945 Update - Screen flicker and resolution change by rob
I have been having trouble with my ASUS PRO31F notebook since I installed the optional driver update for the Mobile Intel 945 Chipset Family. Ever since, when I put the machine to sleep and go to awake it, when it comes on there is a flicker twice on the screen as though it is having trouble refreshings. In addition, after the further optiona update, the screen resolutions goes large (800 x...
January 2nd 08 03:46 AM
by rob Go to last post
7 133
WiFi Adapter Stops working when i upgrade from 2gb to 3gb of ram by BanTam
I just bought 1gb of ram to upgrade my memory from the current 2gb to 3gb, HOWEVER, when i rebot, i lose connectivity to my wireless adapter (Netgear wg311v3), i have tried updating the drivers , i installed the latest drivers, i have tried relocating the adapter into a different slot, i tried rearranging the memory sticks into different slots, ive done everything, nothing works, if i take...
January 2nd 08 01:55 AM
by BanTam Go to last post
6 194
Vista pre-installed generic drivers by mothman
Hello, New to Vista and 'am doing a clean install of Vista Business on my Sony Vaio laptop. In watching another install I see that Vista automaically installs 'generic' drivers for video,network ect. I have the Sony Vista drivers for my laptop also and wondered if I need to replace the 'generic' drivers with these. Lastly, is the inclusion of these drivers a new feature with Vista ? I'm...
January 2nd 08 01:07 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] Go to last post
1 101
no audio by Maggie
Recently I installed Logitech caemra on my computer.After connecting it I lost audio . No sound in my speakers, not even in headphones. I uninstalled my camera, but it didnt help at all, there is no way I could get the sound back. There didn't seem to be any error with an installation. I dont think my audio driver was corrupted...... Is it just a coincidence or did installation caused this...
January 2nd 08 12:07 AM
by Maggie Go to last post
0 111
no audio by Maggie
Recently I installed Logitech caemra on my computer.After connecting it I lost audio . No sound in my speakers, not even in headphones. I uninstalled my camera, but it didnt help at all, there is no way I could get the sound back. There didn't seem to be any error with an installation. I dont think my audio driver was corrupted...... Is it just a coincidence or did installation caused this...
January 2nd 08 12:06 AM
by Maggie Go to last post
0 107
Driver installation problems by Smorce824
when I try to install new software or drivers for such, I get an error that says not enough storage, hard drive has plenty of space what does it mean and hoe do I fix it
January 1st 08 10:53 PM
by Smorce824 Go to last post

From The