Software not seeing hardware by MagicMarker
Hello there. I have not long purchased a new laptop that came with Vista Ultimate. I have a couple of different programs that I used to use with XP that I now wish to use with vista, but i am having trouble getting them to see my hardware. In Cool Edit Pro 2.0 when I go to extract audio from cd, the drop down box where you select your optical drive is empty, and in Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5...
December 30th 07 05:41 AM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
1 130
Devices Aren't Displayed in Computer by Starman
When I go on computer, nothing is displayed except the hard drive. Even when I have things plugged in, like a flash drive, nothing shows up. Disks I put into my optical drive don't appear either. However, when I put a disk or flash drive in, at the bottom bar on the screen an icon appears for Safely Removing the Device. Could someone help me?
December 30th 07 02:54 AM
by Starman Go to last post
2 119
ps/2 by ss70camaro
mouse and keyboard ps/2 dont work and none of my rear usbs either Description Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 24. Problem signature Problem Event Name: PnPDeviceProblemCode Architectu x86
December 30th 07 01:59 AM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
5 172
Blue Screen of Death by Mara
Every so often I get the blue screen of death for no reason, and im never doing the same thing on the computer to trigger it. but it always gives the same hex code saying hardware error 0x00000124 (0x00000000,0x85F7A8A8,0xB2000000,0x00070F0F0) can anyone tell me what it means.
December 30th 07 12:45 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 121
Problem BLUE SCREEN ERROR NEED HELP!!!! (FOR THE PROS) by morton
hi i have recently purchased an emachine 4220 with home premium installed its driving me mad i have been tryin to establish what the error is for three weeks now and am reasonably sure its not a hardware issue as i have ran memtest etc and nothing has come up i believe that it is a software issue but i need some computer guru to verify this the information is below: Problem signatu ...
December 29th 07 10:38 PM
by morton Go to last post
8 215
computer not responding by david75214
I am using Vista home premium. When i put a DVD-RW in e drive and right click to erase it, it it just keeps running. When I pull up task manager it says computer not responding. Any ideas out there? -- Thanks for the help. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...
December 29th 07 10:11 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
1 131
Vista and Razer Tarantula USB Keyboard by EMC
Hi all, to cut the long story short - i can't get this keyboard to work. I can go into Bios, i can start in "Safe mode" and switch between the shown possiblities. But when vista is fully loaded, the USB Keyboard have no function. (tested this with an PS/2 Keyboard - this works fine) the lights are on as in normal use, everything seems to be fine, but if i press any button - no response on...
December 29th 07 09:14 PM
by Deathmoth Go to last post
6 114
Sound not working - in any way by Gutted
So I have a soundcard integrated into my motherboard, a Asus PK5, socket 775. I haven't been able to hear any sound from my new computer running Vista, and I've looked up all sorts of solutions including the ones in the Help and How-to. I've tried downloading drivers and using the ones on the CDs but neither works. Now I don't know what to do so I'm kinda sad now...
December 29th 07 08:59 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 124
DMP Files by morton
how do i open dump files and how can i distinguish where the error is occuring for a blue screen problem.
December 29th 07 08:38 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 102
Import Video Error by Woodberg
I'm getting an error when I try to import video from a Canon DV video camera. It says that there is no tape in the camera. However, there is a tape in the camera and it is playing in the backgroud of Windows Import Video behind the error message. Any ideas?
December 29th 07 08:17 PM
by Woodberg Go to last post
0 101
Vista and ATI Radeon TV Tuners by Pestalence
I have a ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 2006 with HDTV built in running a X1300 GPU and 256 GDDR2 memory.. The graphics card works fine, but Vista neither recognizes the TV Tuner nor do I think ATI will support it since AMD bought them out.. AMD is being very vague on AIW or any TV Tuner support. I'm curious what Microsoft will do to support the full functions of mass marketed hardware such as...
December 29th 07 07:24 PM
by John Go to last post
4 104
Adjusting volume with FN key &up/down arrows by Shakey
I hope this is the correct group. I did a search and could not find what I was looking for. I used to be able to adjust the volume on my laptop speakers with the FN and up/down arrows, but now I can't. I tried to figure out how to configure the buttons, but I don't want to screw anything else up. Help please.
December 29th 07 07:22 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
7 94
HP scanjet 7400 scanner by Paul
Can not get my HP 7400 scanner to work after upgrading to Vista Ultimate 32 bit. Not the hardware - works fine under XP pro using same hardware configuration Did a clean install, installed motherboard BIOS updates, scanner BIOS updates, Vista updates and the correct driver from HP. The scanner installed and Device Manager says device is working properly. When I try to scan, scanner...
December 29th 07 07:15 PM
by John Go to last post
3 134
Windows Mobile will not start by Tigerlady
I have tried multple times to get the Windows Mobile center to work properly and I have tried many times to get the following update to install and it will not finish. Installation Failu Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800705b4: Microsoft Corporation driver update for HTC USB Sync. I have already checked the HTC site and they do have an update for the phone...
December 29th 07 07:04 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
1 87
Why I won't upgrade to Vista by Clive[_2_]
First off, I have used Vista on a friend's PC and find it a more "pleasing" interface to use than XP. There are small UI improvements (probably "inspired" by the Mac GUI) such as as the display of mini versions of the minimized windows when the cursor hovers over the window button on the task bar. The simple video editor is a vast (Speed) improvement on the XP version of this application. Also,...
December 29th 07 05:37 PM
by Clive[_2_] Go to last post
2 101
Issues with Bluetooth, it worked before, what did I do wrong? by Vista user in HNL
Sony Vaio notebook with Business loaded Not Bluetooth embedded, so I have been using several adapters, they a 1. Belkin model # F8T013-1 2. Microsoft model # 1063 (part of keyboard/mouse kit) 3. Kensington model # 33348 First started using Belkin adapter after d/loading Belkin's latest drivers, it worked fine until I d/loaded MS's drivers for adapter # 2, as I was instructed in the...
December 29th 07 03:11 PM
by Vista user in HNL Go to last post
0 107
My DVD Recorder Hangs up shortly after recording starts by MJRProwler
I started having a problem where one of my DVD recorders stopped working. If I went to My Computer it would recognize the drive but it would not record or read a disk. After surfing I found a suggestion to erase the upper and lower in part of my registery (can't explain the exact details). Nonetheless, now my other drive is not working correctly either. It copies then when it starts to write...
December 29th 07 03:10 PM
by MJRProwler Go to last post
0 117
Flash Drive Not Getting Sensed By Vista by Uh_Oh
I have a flash drive by verbatim and it has previously worked on my Windows XP computer and it says that it is also able to be used on Vista but when I plug the device into my USB port it doesn't show up in my computer but it says in the bottom right the safely remove symbol. I don't know what to do any help is greatly appreciated.
December 29th 07 03:04 PM
by Doc[_3_] Go to last post
2 125
volume control missing by msiz
my volume control has dissapeared again form my notification area. When I right click, properties, notification area, I cannot check the volume button as it is grayed out any ideas anyone? thanks
December 29th 07 12:48 PM
by msiz Go to last post
0 160
Hardware connection by Ralph
Hi there all, I've just bought a HP A6250 pc and a HP W2207H monitor 22" and I've fixed them together, why do I need to use three connectors?. One is the old style port connection, one is USB and the other is sound connection. Why all three? oh and another thing when unpacking and setting up the monitor stand it was incredibly stiff to pull the screen in to the upright position I thought at...
December 29th 07 12:25 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post

From The