SD Card for ReadyBoost? by beto666
Does anybody know what are the requirements for an SD card to function in readyboost helping in the performance of Vista? I have tested some over here (Toshiba 256MB, Kingston 2GB), but the system says it's not readyboost compatible! Does it have to do with the speed of the SD? -- beto666
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 10th 07 03:55 PM
by JW Go to last post
10 262
My external drive is working, but Windows still prompts for driver by vista_user2007
I have a 500GB LaCie drive, which windows recognizes after I plug in the USB cable. The drive is working, but Windows still prompts for driver: "Windows needs to install driver software for your LaCie Hard Drive USB" There are three choices: 1) Locate and install driver 2) Ask me later. 3) Don't show this message again for this device." I can close it, and everything's fine. Every it prompts...
August 10th 07 05:20 PM
by vista_user2007 Go to last post
0 129
Microphone not working by Nigel Stratton
I have an ASUS MOBO A7V8X which worked perfectly under XP but with Vista the microphone will not work. Anyone got any ideas?
August 10th 07 06:06 PM
by Tamara Go to last post
5 184
SD driver not working by RJ
MY SD driver is not working. I have unistalled it and restarted my computer and it reinstalls it. There is no error on it when I go to Device manager. When I check to see if it is up dated it says that it already is. The USB port works that is all part of the driver. I can not get the my computer to down load the pictures from my printer if I put the SD card in my printer. The printer does...
August 10th 07 06:34 PM
by RJ Go to last post
0 121
DVD player problem by sean stephen
Carey, thanks for your advice yesterday. sorry for only acknowledging your message now. i found the HP driver download site and downloaded most of the drivers. i have had my notebook about a month and for some reason HP never supplies updates even though i check regularly. anyway, i still have the problem with certain DVD's not being read. well it seems to be fussy. perhaps it's mechanical....
August 10th 07 08:26 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
2 101
Tv out blanks computer screen by Hermank1
I am operating on Vista Home Basic(32 Bit) I have a Nvidia 8600 GT screencard with DVI out, when I want to enable the TV Out my main display blanks out and I can't reset it, so I have to use my instalation disk to go to a restore point to get my display back. What can I do to solve this ?. On Windows XP Pro SP2 it worked fine with no problems. System info:
August 10th 07 09:12 PM
by Hermank1 Go to last post
2 117
Network card problem by Mahin
hi, i update my window xp to window vista business, now vista cannot find my network card. I was using "Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC". I tried downloading new vista driver from realtek, but nothing happened. Main thing is, vista can not find any network card installed. So, i tried taking the card out and putting back again, still can't see any hardware changes. Please...
August 10th 07 10:18 PM
by D-Man Go to last post
4 105
Can't Install My Printer HELPPPPPP! by chattz
I have the new *groans* VISTA.. I have tried installing my Deskjet 3520 both with and without the installation disk and I continue to get the same message: Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed. (error0x000003eb) I have searched everywhere can not find out what is wrong or what that error message means.!!. I checked and it says my driver IS installed so that can’t...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 11th 07 03:36 AM
by Pascal Filion[_2_] Go to last post
13 202
SD Card by MCPoet
I have an Everex Impact GA 3400 computer. I put my SD card from my digital camera in, but it is not being recognized. How do i fix the problem?
August 11th 07 03:58 AM
by MCPoet Go to last post
0 133
Laptop battery by Aniket
My laptop battery ran down to 0%, and once I plugged in the AC adaptor, it just shows the message "Plugged in, Not charging" and stuck at 0%. This doesn't happen all the time for some reason, as sometimes it will actually charge while it is plugged in. If I load too many applications now, the computer will automatically shut down, and then it STILL won't charge. By the way, the laptop is...
August 11th 07 03:27 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
5 171
DVD's won't play. by mtstamas
Hi, I'm having problems playing DVD with WMP and Windows Media Center. With WMP I get a "WPM cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with Digital Copy Protection between you DVD Drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video car." message. I can see the contents of the DVD but won't play the DVD. These are not homemade DVD's.
August 11th 07 06:08 PM
by Crazy Noddy Go to last post
1 120
Keyboard Problem - MS Office Keyboard by Nick Mason
I've recently bought a new PC running Vista for home use, I'm still using my current keyboard, an MS Office Keyboard like this; http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-E17-00002-Office-Keyboard/dp/B00005NVBO When I tried to install the MS Intellitype Pro drivers Vista tells me there are known compatibility issues and points me to the MS site for a possible solution. On the MS site my keyboard isn't...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 11th 07 07:10 PM
by Fallstar Go to last post
13 230
nVidia driver made everything worse by Steve Thackery
I've tried a couple of times in the past to upgrade the driver for my 7600GS from the nVidia web site. They've been dreadful: buggy, unfinished, and for some reason slower than the one that came "in the box" with Vista (apparently itself an early nVidia driver). Anyway, Windows Update offered to update my driver yesterday, so I thought "If Microsoft have put it on their server, it must be a...
August 11th 07 07:32 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 135
Can't write to or format DVD's in Plextor PX-755SA by Imageman
Windows Vista 64 bit / Plextor PX-755SA / 4 GB memory / Several months ago, I lost the ability to write to my Plextor. I have installed the latest firmware (v107), installed Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 upgrade as recommended and provided by Plextor. I was using the Roxio 'Drag-To-Disk' feature to back up my daily photography. After filling up a DVD-RW and inserting a new disk as I had done...
August 11th 07 07:33 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
7 149
Screen resolution problems by Andi
Hi, I have recently installed Vista Home Premium (64 bit) on a new machine, and am having a problem with the display settings. I have a GeForce 8800 GTX and 4GB of system RAM, but the display won't go above 1024*768. I know the monitor I have will go higher as I ran WinXP (32 bit) in 1280*1024 without any issues. I have installed the latest drivers for the motherboard, and the latest
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 12th 07 04:24 AM
by jono0309 Go to last post
15 211
Muliple displays on the desktop PC by sparkey[_2_]
I have the Nvidea 7600 graphics card and control panel installed on my dell PC, the control panel will let me select 2 monitors with duelview .The problem I am having is that Windows Vista Premium will not let me set up 2 different backgrounds .All I can do is get it to extend the desktop through the diplay settings menu.Even the microsoft web site explained how to do it.Is there somthing I...
August 12th 07 05:31 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP Go to last post
1 126
stripped SATA drive not avalable after Vista-32 install by jwolf138
Hello everyone, I recently upgraded from Windows XP Media Center to Windows Vista Ultimate -32bit with a clean install. I have three internal hard drives. One is for the OS and software, the other two are Maxtor 500GB SATA drives in a RAID 0 (stripped) array. The two drives were working fine prior to the upgrade. Post upgrade, however, Vista recognizes that the drives are there, but I...
August 12th 07 07:48 PM
by John Go to last post
1 119
Nvidia and bsod 0x00000124 by Ian Semmel
Since installing a GeForce 7300GS card I have been experiencing the above. Google reports lots of people with the problem but no solutions. System is AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 1Gb
August 12th 07 08:24 PM
by Breathless Go to last post
4 121
External Hard Drive (USB MassStorage Device missing?) by Lincoln 6 Echo
Hi, I am trying to connect my Western Digital external hard drive over USB port and it seems vista cannot find the Usb MassStorage Device Driver :( Any thoughts? Even scanning my other partition with XP is not of use (it says file not found). I thought MS would include at least these trivial drivers???
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 12th 07 08:52 PM
by JUICY LUCY and PIGLY FIGGLY Go to last post
16 201
dvd/cd rom by melissa
okay. my lenovo tower computer at which i got through telus is not really working the cd drive wont reconize that there is a cd in the drive and when i go to deivice manager and look at the properties it stats this. " Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to...
August 12th 07 09:46 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post

From The