Sound garbled by Andrew
Installed Vista Business on an Intel 945PSN motherboard and sound was completely mangled. I get sounds of a sort, but they are unrecognisable rubbish. Downloaded the Sigmatel audio driver from http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?strState=LIVE&ProductID=2066&DwnldID=12192&agr=N&lang=eng&PrdMap=2066 Ran the Sigmatel install and got blue screen crash. Reboot...
March 8th 07 08:08 PM
by Andrew Go to last post
0 152
memory flash stick by andrew
i have some vidio clips i put on from my xp unit ,i can see the vidios, but when i use it on my new vista laptop all i get is visulations ,what do i dpownload , like codecs? -- andrew
February 12th 08 10:58 AM
by Bob F.[_3_] Go to last post
4 239
Intel on-board sound not working by Andrew
Running Intel 82801 G motherboard with Intel Pentium D 3GHz and 2 Gb RAM. The m/b has on board sound. Just installed Vista Business and I have lost all my sound. I don't believe Intel of all people haven't produced a Vista driver, but I can't find it. Any ideas anyone? TIA
March 7th 07 12:32 AM
by Andrew Go to last post
0 169
memory stick by andrew
i put some vidio clips on a flash dreive from my xp and can not use it on my new vista, do i need to download codecs or something to see my clip's all i get is visualations even on a cd from the xp unit,, -- andrew
February 11th 08 03:23 AM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
8 190
no sound from Tv Tuner by Andrew
how can i make to have sound from tv tuner into Line in from sound card ? "classic routing"
February 3rd 07 10:09 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
1 171
Digital surround sound (5.1) stuck on stereo - Soundmax driver by Andrew
Hi, i need help getting the sound to work properly on vista. i know the sound card works properly because i have a dual-boot system and the audio works perfectly in XP. So the problem lies in Vista.... OS: Vista Home Premium edition Motherboard: Asus P5N32-E SLI sound card on motherboard: Supreme FX Driver from ASUS website: v6.10.2.6110
November 28th 07 02:32 AM
by Andrew Go to last post
0 125
Radeon Catalyst Lost by Andrew
Is any one have problem with Radeon Catalyst Control Center after upgrade to RC2 Build 5744. It worked fine with RC1. ATI webside have driver and control center only for Vista RC1.
October 9th 06 05:56 PM
by bigbw Go to last post
2 137
Choice of clocks in Gadgets by Andrew
User should have digital clock like the one on the task bar as a choice , so you can set to AM or PM for easer distinction of time in different time zones. I have contacts in Melbourn Australia, Ontario Canada, London England and Warsow Poland. It is hard to calculate time difference a specialy with daylight saving time not activated the same date as us in USA. ---------------- This post is...
October 10th 06 04:20 PM
by Gene Fitz Go to last post
2 101
Issues with linksys systems by Andrew
I think there might be an issue with the linksys hardware and Vista. I was running Beta 2 for a few months without any issues with my wireless card but now that I have installed RC1 5600 I get dropped from my home network every few seconds. I know I am getting a good IP address, dns, etc., and I have tried uninstalling the drivers but to no avail. I am currently at work and have not had an...
September 17th 06 08:29 PM
by Jamie Go to last post
1 108
"Unplugged" Device by Andrew Bell
Hi there, I was using a program for Bluetooth devices and I was usng my mobile phone as an audio gateway. I didn't have a use for the program anymore so I uninstalled it and my default audio is no longer there. I tred to install the ds again but once it got to installing the drivers, it would ask to install it because it was not digitally sne clicked to install it and after about 30...
February 1st 07 08:53 PM
by Scotland Go to last post
1 161
Syncing with devices by Andrew Bryson
Ok, I can't seem to sync with my mobile Treo 700 or my digital camera. It's very strange, they show up in my Devices list just fine. I even do the "Test" with the camera and it works great. My phone does not show up under mobile devices and my camera does not show up when I attempt to import pictures. This happens on my laptop and my desktop so I'm at a loss... Andrew
December 14th 06 03:42 AM
by Andrew Bryson Go to last post
0 187
Treo 700wx by Andrew Bryson
I've connected my Treo 700wx to my desktop running Vista Ultimate and hear a "beep" when it connects. However, when I go to the mobile device center it doesn't show up. Any ideas? Andrew
November 23rd 06 06:26 AM
by RonM Go to last post
3 134
Microsoft Driver for "Legacy Audio Devices" by Andrew Fiddian-Green
In Windows XP most basic sound cards are supported by drivers written by Microsoft for supporting "Legacy Audio Devices" But it seems that Microsoft written drivers for such legacy audio devices were not delivered in Vista Beta 2. I am assuming such drivers are included in later builds. = But I wonder if there is anywhere I can get them for the current Beta #2?
August 28th 06 04:11 PM
by Andrew Fiddian-Green Go to last post
0 961
RAM Issue by Andrew McNab
I've been running Vista Ultimate on 2GB of RAM fine but decided to upgrade to 4GB because the prefetch cache got up to 1.4GB. My BIOS reports 4075MB of installed and useable RAM. Supports up to 8GB. Windows Vista only reports 3528MB RAM and results in a Blue Screen crash when logging in or shortly afterwards. I tested the 2 new SIMS by themselves and tried combinations of the original 2 SIMS...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 24th 07 08:24 AM
by Nick Mason Go to last post
23 415
MS mouse and keyboard - Windows keeps wanting to install drivers by Andrew Murray[_8_]
My system is Vista Ultimate. I have a wired MS basic optical mouse 'v2.0' Optical, and wired MS keyboard 600. When Windows has started, it keeps wanting to install device drivers for the keyboard and mouse even though they work OK. In device manager they are loaded correctly as "Microsoft Wired Optical Mouse 2.0" and "Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600" but the system still detects these as...
March 12th 10 11:09 PM
by Andrew Murray[_8_] Go to last post
3 276
mouse/screen wrap by andrew not bery bright
can i get mouse/screen wrap in vista home premium? Have a widescreen monitor and get frustrated that cant move mouse far enough in one go to get from one side of screen to the other
November 3rd 07 07:14 PM
by Dave T.[_2_] Go to last post
1 157
Backup does not show external drive on restore by andrew not bery bright
I back up files using windows backup to a USB external Maxtor drive. All works well. Windows explorer can see the files etc.... However if i run backup and choose restore, it only shows the hdd of the pc, not the usb drive? All other vista applications see the drive and can read and write to it. Vista business premium, logged on as administrator
November 28th 07 04:18 PM
by andrew not bery bright Go to last post
0 119
Screen refresh rate configuration by Andrew Pontes
I got a LCD Monitor DVI Asus VW222U. I have installed the correct driver from ASUS. I got a problem with a flickering screen. I have tried to adjust the screen refresh rate, but I am only given two option: 59Hz and 60 Hz. I tried the monitor menu as well, but no sucess. The monitor guide advises to adjust the clock rate under the Focus menu, but there is no such option in the menu. It follows...
December 23rd 07 11:34 PM
by Andrew Pontes Go to last post
4 150
Toshiba Satellite Pro - Battery Meter at 100% all the time by Andrew Shaw
I have a brand new Toshiba Satellite A100/800 that came pre-loaded with Vista Home Premium. (I'm probably going to blow that away and put Business on, but that's another story). My battery issue is that the battery meter in the system tray reports that the battery is at 100%, for the entire time that its running on battery - and then after the power runs out, 2 hours or so - the machine just...
March 6th 07 10:56 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
4 157
Vista won't detect 1080p display by AndrewH
Hi, I am using a geforce go 7600gt with hdmi output running vista ultimate. When it was xp pro the hdmi output worked fine displaying to my SOny 46x2000 in 1080p and carrying sound through the hdmi. Now since upgrading (tried with all latest drivers) it will only display in 1080i and there is no mode in the list to tell it to display in 1080p, it no longer carries sound through the hdmi...
August 17th 07 01:12 AM
by AndrewH Go to last post

From The