Can't get to my 2nd Hard drive by 1HugeBacon
I have a 2nd hard drive that I use for storage. Both of my drives are IDE, drive C: is disk 1, Basic, my 2nd drive is Dynamic. the 2nd drive shows up in BIOS as well as during the post. It also shows up in disk management as offline. It isn't labeled missing, but there are no volumes on the disk. I can't get to the reactivate option. I can't see it in My Computer. I've checked all the...
May 24th 07 08:34 PM
by Jules Go to last post
5 128
Windows Vista and Hard drive recognition. by 1maintenance
Hello everyone, My question is how come when a hard drive (Maxline III Model: 7V250F0 SATA) is initialized within windows XPPro and partitioned/ formatted and can be used in XPPro, when WindowsVista Home Basic on the same machine does not recognized the drive except in disk manager it shows the drive without drive letters? I have XPPRO installed on drive 0 and Vista Home Basic...
January 20th 08 02:52 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
5 151
Explorer and other Apps hang randomly by 2000b5
Hey everyone, Im new here but I was hoping I would be able to get a little help and/or see if anyone has experienced this before. With my computer when I go to access anything through explorer or directly from another application, it will hang for a moment before actually doing what I told it to (browse folder, open music through itunes....). This is a new problem to me since I switched over to...
February 7th 09 10:43 PM
by 2000b5 Go to last post
1 170
microsoft basic optical mouse Freezes randomly by 22Bravo
I have new Vista Premium os not a lot on it yet but the cursor freezes randomly it is very anoying thing to hapen please advise on what action to take please
August 23rd 07 12:19 AM
by Randor Go to last post
3 109
Hide N' Go Seek HDD by 2aider
Specs: CAS: CoolerMaster Centurion 590 RC-590 Mid-Tower 420W Case CPU: (Quad-Core)Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz 1066FSB 8MB L2 Cache 64-bit CD: LG 20X DVD+/-R/+/-RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER FAN: Asetek Liquid CPU Cooling System *HDD: Hitachi 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) Asus Striker Extreme nForce 680i SLI Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2...
January 1st 09 10:27 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
3 222
partitioned hard disk by 2cool2betrueyeaa
i have partitioned my hard disk and want to undo it I am using windows vista
February 23rd 08 01:33 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 132
Adaptec SCSI in Windows Vista by 2Dragons
Mark, If I understand you correctly, you said you were able to use Windows XP 64bit SCSI drivers to inside of Vista 64bit OS by loading the driver before installation, correct? If so, what do you mean by loading the driver before installation? My understanding is that Vista does not have the F6 function to load SCSI drivers anymore. So besides using the "Load Driver" by browsing to a...
March 24th 09 08:33 PM
by Gilles Vollant Go to last post
1 176
Vista 64 Bit Business is giving me the business... Want to fire it but need help!!! by 2L8IWON
Ok Ill start off by giving my specs of what I have then I will go into my problems.... Asus Crosshair Motherboard BIOS 1103 AMD Athalon X2 4600+ @ 2.64GHZ 8 GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800MHZ 4-4-4-12 Ram Primary OS HDD Seagate 500GB 7,200RPM,32MB Cache (Primary Partitioned to 100GB OS ONLY, 400GB Programs Only) RAID 5 Array, 5 500GB Seagate 7,200RPM, 16MB Cache - Array is 1.82TB Two: BFG 7900GS 256MB...
August 21st 08 04:26 PM
by 2L8IWON Go to last post
2 181
Sony PlayStation LPT controller by 2m4Y
...hi everyone, I have a little problem, few years ago I modded my PSX DualShock Controller to LPT port, so I could play games on my favourite pad! This pad is recognized in Widnows XP SP2/3 no problem with LPT drivers that I found on the web, but problem is that they don't work on Vista (x86/x64, nor SP1) using directpad or some other program! Anyone have some idea how to solve this? Thanks in...
September 2nd 08 02:45 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
1 169
OFF LINE PRINTERS / LOSE OF EXT. HARD DRIVE by 2tommy
My new Vista computer randomly puts my printers, all but one, in an off lines status causing me to rebot the computer. also in drops my external hard drive from the munu for no reason, It works fine when you first turn it on but come back later and this is what I find. Any solutions?
February 20th 08 10:40 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 115
Promise TX4650 on Vista x64 .. Anyone? by 3BABY
Hey Guys and Girls im trying to install Vista x64 on an array using a Promise TX4650.. but the drivers from their website dont seem to work, the 2K8 driver doesn't work, im starting to think they dont have a x64 driver out, can anyone confirm or does anyone know how where the driver for this controller is with vista x64? thanks in advance.
July 1st 09 05:28 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
3 439
Two Quad-core Procesors - only one shows up by 3deuces
I bought Windows Home Premium. I have a dual processor workstation. Each processor is quad-core XEON 5355. Only one got installed, so my task manager only shows 4 cores, and DxDiag only shows one processor. In XP Pro I see all 8 cores. Did I get the wrong version of Vista?
October 7th 07 08:35 PM
by mathews2010[_2_] Go to last post
2 112
set association control panel by 455nomad
need to sedt association control panel on my computer -- 455nomad ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 455nomad's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/109748.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-hardware-devices/1204718.htm http://forums.techarena.in
June 28th 09 10:42 PM
by Dustin Harper[_2_] Go to last post
3 265
joystick wont work by 45th_august1
logitec force feed back 3d pro wont work with cobat flight simulator i can program all the buttons the x y axis wont work its like its not seeing stick -- 45th_august1
October 7th 07 09:39 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 172
Non-existant keyboard? by 4everyoung_1949
Hi! My Device Manager, as well as Gametap gamming site, shows two keyboards on my system. I only have one keyboard, logitech wireless mx3200 keyboard and mouse. Device Manager shows two idenical usb keyboards, can I like uninstall one driver on one to solve the problem. Two keyboards are interfering with gamming. -- Steve
November 14th 07 05:42 PM
by David B.[_2_] Go to last post
1 116
BSOD while waking from hibernation by 4fingers
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315266/en-us I have recently been having problems when trying to waken from hibernation mode. I seem to be able to do it fine the first time but when I the computer wakes from it the second time it simple gives a BSOD giving this technical information KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR STOP 0x00000077 (0000000E 0x0000000E 0x00000000 0x19E81000)
June 3rd 07 10:15 AM
by freddy Go to last post
4 187
DVD/CD unit is not operating propeerly by 4George
Hi Recently this unit is not recognising pre-recorded or formatted discs which it previously had recognised. I have a HP laptrop and the drive is a mat****a DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the driver with no success. In one of the forums it is suggested that the 'UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" in the HKEY registry be deleted but I am not sure about doing this...
January 30th 08 06:09 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
5 298
USB Devices not installing by 63xNeto
Hello, I have WVista and seem to have problems installing USB Devices. OS seems not to recognize it and tried to follow the HELP support from the internet. I searched for an updated drivers but I have been able to make them work. The devices are a WebCam (Lebeca Pro II and Packard Bell Store and Save 3500 external HD). I have a WXP OS and when plug these devices to it, they work, so I know...
September 24th 07 02:43 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 109
impossible to connect usb hardrive and mouse by 6stemD
I guys, I have a problem with a vista home premium, when i connect my usb mouse or my usb harddrive, the vista tell me i can install the good drivers?? In past when i plug the mouse it's work. if i check the mouse and hardrive in another computer it's work well, and windows install the good driver; If someone have an idea ??
July 21st 08 08:20 PM
by 6stemD Go to last post
0 143
are rapistub.dll, rapi.dll and the other rapi*.dll files req'd by 70f9
have an error about rapi*.dll, and it is being called when Windows Mobile Device Center starts. The message from wmdc.exe says rapistub.dll is a "bad image" How can I reinstall these dll's?
February 13th 08 08:13 PM
by 70f9 Go to last post

From The