  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
Vista Update Nvidia Driver nvlddmkm.sys BSOD by Smilerfive
August 27th, Vista Ultimate 32bit, Nvidia 7600GT, 4Gb Ram My Vista Ultimate system has an XFX NVidia 7600GT card in it. It has been working fine since the day I put it in. My system is always on and I usually let it update automatically via Windows Update as required. The other day I came home from work and began to notice a degradation in graphics quality. There were artefacts on the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 31st 09 05:02 PM
by grifos[_3_] Go to last post
30 662
USB Mass Storage Device Driver by GrayPM
Until recently my version of Vista (Home Premium edition 64 bit) recognised a Samsung Flash Drive, now for some reason it doesn't. At same time other USB Memory Devices (Kingston U3 DataTraveler 2Gb) stoarge devices. With all these devices when I install the unit Vista recognises them, installs a driver and then tells me that a file is missing and thathat the installation is stopped - and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 12th 08 09:53 AM
by Glyn Go to last post
30 702
Screen goes blank with Vista + ATI Radeon by Megandy
I have a problem with my system. Randomly, my computer screen goes blank while I am in the middle of something (typically writing a paper since I'm in grad school). It happens as quickly as 2 hours back to back. Once the screen goes blank, the computer does not enter hibernation or anything, nor can I get the blank screen to go away by any combination of key pressing or mouse movement. I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 1st 08 04:32 PM
by Blake Go to last post
29 579
Vista doesn't print to an old HP Deskjet 870Cse printer (parallelconnection)... by Ant[_2_]
Hello. I have an old college friend who has a fairly new Gateway computer from April/May 2007. It came with Windows Vista. She has a printing problem with her old HP Deskjet 870Cse printer (parallel connection). She bought a Belkin USB Parallel Printer Adapter (part number F5U002v1). She says the box doesn't say Vista support. Is this a problem? I don't think it is since it is just a cable...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 17th 07 10:26 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
29 450
USB Problems/ drivers wont install by [email protected]
Nothing i plug into my vista system works, vista cant find drivers for any of my stuff, ie; memory stick, mp3, cell phone, external hard drive. i tried that command prompt thing on ms troubleshoot for Autoplay, but no go. everything works great on my xp systems. anyone got any ideas ????
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 27th 09 11:36 PM
by SUSAN Go to last post
29 732
HP Scanjet 5400c problems by Dad
Has anyone been able to get their HP Scanjet 5400c to work? I can get the thing to scan but an image onto the monitor but then when you outline what you want to scan in the final scan it will not scan just that image and it will not save it. Any help would be appreciated. Do you think it is the scanner (driver) or the software that I am using? (paperport)?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 23rd 10 04:12 PM
by Curious[_6_] Go to last post
29 1,080
external hard drive does not appear anywhere on the computer. by iownstan
i've had the Western Digital WDH1U10000N 1TB for a little over a week now. it was working fine, up until yesterday night. i made the switch from my PC to my laptop. when i plugged the USB into my laptop, the external hard drive was not recognized. so, i tried plugging the USB into another port, and after a few minutes it was recognized by the laptop. this morning when i plugged the external hard...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 16th 09 11:48 PM
by iownstan Go to last post
29 731
IDE Drive in Enclosure by Brent Rogers
I just replaced my 80GB drive in my laptop with a 160GB Drive. Most of the software I am re-installing from the installation media. However I still want access to my files and other s/w on my old drive. As such I purchased an IDE HDD USB enlcosure for my old drive. However when I plug it in the drive just makes a regular light buzzing sound. Any Ideas on what I can do to be able to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 29th 09 07:07 AM
by David Vair Go to last post
28 542
MISSING SATA HARD DRIVE by Vista_is_the_new_ME
I have a new pc w/ vista, 2 sata hard drives. Everything was fine, then a week later the slave drive disappeared. The BIOS recognizes the drive, but Vista doesn't. I've seen enough threads on here w/ no resolution. System restore is not an answer. Microsoft - Fix the problem.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 15th 09 06:52 PM
by DL Go to last post
28 663
Is there a way to install Vista on an old PC that has no DVD drives? by Ant[_2_]
Hello. I have an old Dell Dimension 8250 test PC that I would like to install Vista onto. However, it has no DVD drives. I cannot even boot from external USB drives (3.5" disk drive, external HDDs, and DVD burner drive -- CMOS doesn't see them and found out PC doesn't support bootable USB devices). However, I do have enough HDD space (30 GB free on second partition) to copy Vista DVD (or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 24th 09 06:25 PM
by Ant Go to last post
28 963
New nVidia WHQL Graphics Drivers ver. 163.75 6 Nov. 2007 by Cal Bear '66
New nVidia WHQL Graphics Drivers ver. 163.75 6 Nov. 2007 http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 8th 07 11:22 PM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
28 249
Vista32, new driver? & USB Mouse/Keyboard not working by Scott J. Stringfellow
Yesterday my Vista32 Ultimate was working fine, this morning it was in Standby mode - not normal behavior, as I have backups & scanning running most of the night. Powered on and found mouse didn't work. After that keyboard failed. Worked on it, found it to be Win problem but not sure what. Reading here I may be victim of USB problem, though I've been running fine since Christmas. Tried...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 1st 10 05:22 PM
by Ken Watkinson Go to last post
28 1,191
Network Icon Missing by Paul Calcagno
I've got an Acer Desktop running Vista Home Premium (SP2) with 2 GB of RAM. All WU's are current. I'm Running CA (California Associates) Security Suite software with no conflict issues. Also have MBAM malware software, CCleaner and SuperAntiSpywareProfessional. I use Windows defender and Windows firewall. As far as I know I have no Malware/Spyware, AV issues. I use Firefox for browsing. I got a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 22nd 09 03:18 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
28 740
Broadcast HD channels over cable by xiowan
Hi All: I currently receive local broadcast HD channels thru a comcast set top box on my tvs. I recently read the following on the comcast site: "If I have a digital-cable-ready HDTV set, do I need a CableCARD or special HD set-top box to view HD programming? Digital-cable-ready HDTV sets that are now available have built-in HD capability so no special set-top box is required to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 17th 07 02:26 AM
by Lockwood Go to last post
28 393
disable automatic driver installation? by ryanj247
when i remove a driver in device manager, then restart, vista automatically installs a preconfigured driver. is there any way to disable this? what i want is for vista to stop and ask, i.e. "new device found, would you like to search for the best driver or install a driver from a cd or other location"...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 24th 09 03:01 AM
by kaiserbachfeld Go to last post
28 667
Sound problems with the line in for vista (sigmatel) by Scott
I recently upgraded to Windows vista. After doing so, my line in for my sound is no longer working! my volume mixer doesnt show anything as if its muted, its not even there. When I right click, and select playback, it only shows speakers / headphones, checked as if working properly, no line in is visible. When select the recording tab, it shows my microphone as working, and checked. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 1st 09 07:01 AM
by djc200 Go to last post
28 1,051
readyboost by Troy Marrs
Is my 256mb thumb drive making a difference to my 1gb installed ddr2 pc2-4200, athlon 64 live 4200 dual core system?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 11th 08 06:40 AM
by Spirit[_3_] Go to last post
28 590
DEAR MR BILL G MICROSOFT CO. by new york
Windows vista is not A $50 OR $100 OR $150 OPERATING SYS , ITS IN THE $250 RANGE AND U CAN GIVE TECH S TO OEM V OF VISTA ? All over the world pepole installing VISTA and it crashing up becouse of the drivers thats windows install ! NO ONE TESTED BEFOR RELESING VISTA OUT ? WHY SO MANY PROBLEMS W COMPABILITY ? BUT MICROSOFT PUTS THE BLAME ON INTEL, GIGABYTE,REALTK,SOUND BLASTER,DELL,ATI,AND...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 16th 07 10:37 PM
by Garrett Go to last post
27 596
HP Scanjet 5P by Carlos Sánchez
Hello, Despues to obtain that "Vista Windows x86 and x64" recognized my SCSI this sees that 5p has a connected device concretely is a "HP Scanjet" and identifies it like "HP C5110A SCSI Processor Device", gustaria know to me if somebody has been able to make work and mount drivers for this device of which, at the moment I do not want to undo.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 9th 07 09:29 AM
by Charlotte Go to last post
27 684
ATI X850 display adapter not recognized after Vista installation by Jerry
Clean installing RTM Full Business on my Asus A8R-MVP. After the installation is done: - there is no display adapter in Device Manager - an unknown device and failing PCI to PCI bridge in Device Manager - under Display properties the adapter is unknown and the monitor is VGAsave - The latest ATI drivers and software will not install, probably because Vista isn't seeing the hardware right. I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 9th 07 03:56 AM
by Jerry Go to last post

From The