  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
"Unknown Device" under device manager by Kris
OK, so I uninstalled my computer's two "USB root hubs" under device manager in order to attempt solve an issue with a webcam. Now, they appear as "Unknown Devices". Is there a way I could fix this so they are listed appropiately? I also attempted to delete the two uknown devices and have the computer search for new hardware, but they appear listed the same when found. Any ideas?
June 9th 08 02:28 AM
by Tony[_9_] Go to last post
3 145
"Unplugged" Device by Andrew Bell
Hi there, I was using a program for Bluetooth devices and I was usng my mobile phone as an audio gateway. I didn't have a use for the program anymore so I uninstalled it and my default audio is no longer there. I tred to install the ds again but once it got to installing the drivers, it would ask to install it because it was not digitally sne clicked to install it and after about 30...
February 1st 07 09:53 PM
by Scotland Go to last post
1 161
"USB Device Not Recognized" by Kris[_8_]
I got a Kodak digital camera a few months ago and haven't had any problems with it until today. Now, all of a sudden, the "USB Device Not Recognized" when I plug it in. I've tried different USB ports, rebooted, checked Kodak's website, checked newsgroups and Google. It's still not working. When I try to "update driver" I'm told that the software and the driver for this device are already...
July 13th 08 11:42 PM
by Kris[_8_] Go to last post
0 129
"USB Device not Recognized" by Tex
"...One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it..." I already tried deleting infcache.1 but it had no effect. - tex
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 22nd 10 07:48 PM
by lajmic Go to last post
25 1,640
'Bad' Vista update? by bdenley
Windows had an update for me today. Some sort of update for Toshiba Bluetooth hardware (I have a big Dell XPS 710 with the Dell bluetooth keyboard and mouse). After that update, I had no mouse or keyboard and the update 'failed' to find any driver. Attempting to restart my bluetooth hardware was unsucessful as the system could no longer find my bluetooth hardware. Luckily System Restore...
April 24th 08 05:04 AM
by BigJim Go to last post
2 122
'keyboard error or no keyboard present' boot up error by staffspeted
Two years ago I built my PC and all has run perfectly since until yesterday. I turned it on only to be greeted on boot up by the error message '*keyboard* *error* or *no* *keyboard* *present'* This is before it has even fired up the Operating system so I guess its hardware based.
June 29th 09 10:24 AM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
1 256
'Missing Operating system'- Windows Vista by troubledman
help me out here guys... recently i bought a dell computer installed with Windows Vista Business, but it's been giving me problems lately - lagging a lot (i think its due to the hardware)/(e.g. opening folders, IE, msn) - can only run two programs at the same time, if more it will crash - when i attempt to use another program while downloading something, it would hang (i d/led iTunes, and...
February 18th 07 05:34 PM
by cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user) Go to last post
5 219
'Prepare This Blank Disc' Problem by Dame Celia Molestrangler
PC recently purchased with Vista Home Premium pre-loaded. DVD/CD ROM drive has stopped autoplaying, and windows explorer won't work on it (it will still work on the hard drive though). A photoviewer, AD/CD will allow me to see/explore the files on the disk, though. I have checked that the relevant options are selected for Autoplay. I have tried uninstalling the CD ROM and then rebooting,...
August 26th 07 06:25 AM
by Spirit Go to last post
3 130
'USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned' Error withWestern Digital's External USB drive... by [email protected]
Hi, I am using Western Digital's 120GB Passport (External USB drive). Model Number: WD 1200XMSC It was working fine with my Dell laptop (Windows Vista-Home Basic) and my Office PC (Win XP). I was able to copy files from Laptop/ PC to HDD and vice-versa. One worst day, I printed some pics on my Home Canon IP4000 Printer by
April 15th 08 04:47 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 161
'Vanishing' device drivers -- a debugging suggestion by Don
We're seeing lots of people with devices which stop working after a few days, and Vista can't reinstall the drivers. My problem is that I don't have this bug, so I can't help debug it. But if I did have the bug, this amazing utility would be my first choice of tools: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/ProcessesAndThreads/processmonitor.mspx
March 16th 07 12:37 AM
by Don Go to last post
0 161
(Ati Catalyst 7.6) CCC.exe not loading in standard user account by GT
CCC.exe is not loading in standard user account when i turn on my computer. anyone having the same problem?
June 30th 07 12:22 AM
by GT Go to last post
1 112
(Vista) Toshiba - Mat****a DVD-ram problem. by KatieMun
Hello I have a toshiba laptop. I could use my dvd ram before, but many times like more than 3 times have a problem. so I cant use DVD ram at all. every time I used system restore, is there any way to fix this except restore? please help me. this is tooo annoying. when I click th device manager, I can see this comment. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be...
December 3rd 07 02:46 PM
by Aat Go to last post
4 205
***Ready Boost Gotcha*** by Richard Urban
This is an informational post. If you don't use Ready Boost, in a dual boot situation, there is no reason to read further. Parameters: 2 gig of PC3200 Crucial RAM 2 gig Ready Boost enhanced SanDisk Micro (no U3 capabilities) I was noticing yesterday (Sunday) that Ready Boost did not seem to be doing anything, as opposed to actually seeing a decrease in application load time
February 6th 07 04:11 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
1 179
*Installing device driver software* prompt - no longer appears by [email protected]
I am trying to install a USB HP 2840 on Windows Vista. There is a compatibility issue with this printer and Vista, but there is a workaround. 1) the driver at the hp website does not work 2) the workaround from HP does work (please see attached). I know it works because I have successfully installed it on a fresh build Vista. However, I cannot get it to work on my clients Vista machine - it...
September 11th 07 01:44 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 127
*Spent Entire Sunday* on this, (User Account Control)-please help :( by xxsassxx31
Hi everyone, I will try to be as brief as possible with this but I want to make sure I explain all the details as I am stuck and not knowing what to do at about 8 PM when tomorrow is a workday :(. Anyways... Windows Platform: 32xVista, Comp: HP 6700 ; To start off, I was an idiot and was installing some program a friend had given to me and it required "New SID" from Microsoft and I did brief...
May 11th 09 09:00 AM
by Tom[_25_] Go to last post
2 297
..oh the dvd rom drive by melmay04
i'm an absolutely frazzled technical bam obviously needin help, - please, ....i cannot get dvd to play and am unsure if the problem lies with the hardware or because i installed a thing called a codec (divx) on february, which i now cant seem to uninstall because error message says i'm not system administrator - even tho i know that i am!..bear with me.....so i tried to do that system...
April 30th 08 11:33 PM
by melmay04 Go to last post
1 131
07 locked word by Huntah
I cant type on my word because it said it was locked. The doc. or docx. dont work the 2nd time i open them. if anyone has suggestions plz let me know
October 17th 07 03:45 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
1 113
0x0000007e - after a reboot then 0x0000008e - Arrgh by Marco.P
Not sure what hapened, i'll summarise he 1) Installed Vista Ultimate - all worked fine no issues - besides not bieng able to detect more thn 9 channels. 2) I removed my Kworld DBV-T driver after having restarted and it detected the panasonic chiset driver. 3) Restarted again recieved 0x0000007e, 4) Safemode and i got 0x0000008e
February 25th 08 08:21 AM
by Marco.P Go to last post
3 128
0x000000B8 Blue Screen by Tony
Hi, i recently installed Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium. I've had it for about two weeks now, And at least once a day I get a blue screen saying "A wait operation, attach process, or yield was attempted from a DPC routine." Blue screen code 0x000000B8. It seems to happen more often when installing something anywhere from a program, game, or even windows updates. I've updated all my...
February 20th 09 11:14 PM
by Tony Go to last post
4 213
0x10D_6_ax88772+74a8, type 0 by Fault bucket 0x10D_6_ax88772+74a8, type0
I have fault bucket 0x10D_6_ax88772+74a8, type 0 for a bluescreen event and this is not the first event I have logged like this. Is there a solution to this?
January 24th 09 11:36 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post

From The