  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Aero and Intel Graphics Cards by crosswalker21
I tried to install Vista on my laptop which has an Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME graphics controller. I was booted into the "basic" version of windows Vista so I couldn't see the snazzy aero interface. What I'm wondering is if there's any way to make my graphics card support pixelshader 2.0(which was the only reason, according to the upgrade advisor, that I couldn't view aero) or if that's a...
September 1st 06 09:59 PM
by Cameron Go to last post
2 561
problem with creative live 24bit USB on 5536 by Hilmar
the system recognizes a usb sound device. when I go to "manage audio devices" and then "speakers" and "configure" I can set it to 5.1 and the test clearly puts sound through all five speakers correctly. However, no program plays 5.1, only stereo (wmp, media monkey). it does not work with other creative drivers as they only work for internal cards to this point. any idea how I an fix this?...
September 2nd 06 04:28 AM
by Hilmar Go to last post
0 485
Screen never turns off by Hauk
I have Vista pre-RC1 build 5536. This is the first build I've tried on this computer. I dual-boot into XP, works fine. I have a problem with that the screen never goes into energy-save mode. After the set time out (20 minutes) the screen goes black, but the monitor is still on, I can see that the backlight is on, and the LED shows that it's on. I have an AGP ATI Radeon 9550 graphics card....
September 2nd 06 04:55 AM
by Hauk Go to last post
0 469
Screen never turns off by Hauk
I have Vista pre-RC1 build 5536. This is the first build I've tried on this computer. I dual-boot into XP, works fine. I have a problem with that the screen never goes into energy-save mode. After the set time out (20 minutes) the screen goes black, but the monitor is still on, I can see that the backlight is on, and the LED shows that it's on. I have an AGP ATI Radeon 9550 graphics card....
September 2nd 06 04:56 AM
by Hauk Go to last post
0 466
USB Ports by Tom Hammond
I'm having a *little* more luck on my Gigabyte GAK8N-PRO SLI motherboard. With 1.1 + 2.0 only the keyboard and mouse work... all other devices try to install but fail Disabling 2.0 in BIOS (i.e. only 1.1 support) allows me to use all my other devices: external disks, camera, scanner, printer etc. nvidia Drivers not ready?
September 2nd 06 11:33 AM
by Tom Hammond Go to last post
0 528
USB Ports by Tom Hammond
I'm having a *little* more luck on my Gigabyte GAK8N-PRO SLI motherboard. With 1.1 + 2.0 only the keyboard and mouse work... all other devices try to install but fail Disabling 2.0 in BIOS (i.e. only 1.1 support) allows me to use all my other devices: external disks, camera, scanner, printer etc. nvidia Drivers not ready?
September 2nd 06 11:34 AM
by Tom Hammond Go to last post
0 437
USB Flash Drive Boot by William
I know this is kind of off topic, but has anyone tried the install either Linux or Windows on a 4 gb USB Flash drive and then boot their computer from it? If so, what would be the procedure and how would be of a benefit? William
September 2nd 06 04:18 PM
by Mark D. VandenBerg Go to last post
2 512
U3 thumb drive doesn't work by Micahman74
This is what I know but also as far as I've got... 1: You need to have launchpad intaller set to autostart 2: You have to remove password protection (at least while you are doing this) 3: Plug the drive in, launchpad will try to run, popup informing you that launchpad is not compatible and option to check for update. 4: Choose yes, IE launches and you are informed that a software update to...
September 2nd 06 08:41 PM
by Micahman74 Go to last post
0 469
Modem Drivers!!!!!!!!! by Dually Man
Where can I find and who make a modem that connects through ehternet Thanks Dually man "superyooper" wrote: What kind of modem did you find that works? I've been trying for over a week
September 2nd 06 10:56 PM
by Dually Man Go to last post
0 495
TV Tuner in build 5536 (saa7134) by Vanja Lolz
I previously ran vista public beta 2 and managed to get my TV Tuner card (Compro DVB-T300, phillips saa7134) working in media center. It took alot of trial and error with various different drivers found on the internet. Now I have upgraded to build 5536, and no matter which driver I try I haven't been able to get Media Center to detect my tuner card. The best result I've had is to have the...
September 2nd 06 03:06 AM
by Vanja Lolz Go to last post
0 525
VIA onboard audio by Rick
I have a SOYO motherboard with a VIA 1616 6 channel chipset (5.1 audio). The sound/speaker setup on build 5536 only allows for 2 channel stereo. I cannot find any way to enable 5.1 or anything other than stereo. The device manager shows the sound card as "VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller" using a Microsoft driver version 6.0.5536.16385 dated 6/21/06. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks
September 1st 06 07:00 PM
by Rick Go to last post
0 491
nVidia drivers 3D gaming by Joe Negrau
Hi there, I have an nVidia 6600GT with 256MB. I'm curious which drivers you are using with Pre-RC1 Build 5536. The default driver that Vista uses is useless for 3D gaming. (I can't play City of Villains.) The lastest nVidia beta drivers (ver 88.61) didn't work either. System would boot up normally (hearing all the usual sounds) but just a black screen. On their site nVidia says the...
August 31st 06 08:39 PM
by d3fin3d Go to last post
1 508
USB Digital TV by Brian Donnelly
Hello all ! Fairly inexperienced with Vista (Used Beta 2 for a little while but painful on my laptop), have now installed Build 5536 an what an improvement !! Just one device for which I have no drivers is my USB Digital TV adaptor, does anyone know of a USB Digital TV adaptor (UK compatible) which comes with driver support "Out of the box" with Vista and is also media centre compatible .......
August 31st 06 10:01 PM
by Brian Donnelly Go to last post
2 516
vista 5536 don't see my full memory size by geo85706
in installed 5536 and the first thing i saw was that i missing a whole gig of memory. vista beta 2 sees the 4 gig but not 5536, is this normal or what. -- geo
September 1st 06 01:04 PM
by geo85706 Go to last post
3 546
vista version by Whiteflokati
I am a bit confused now, lol. I have an AMD 64 machine but I installed Beta 2x86.... If i try the Beta 2x64 disc it says wrong version. Anyway, my nvidia drivers don't work well on it and I wish I could uninstall it now but it seems impossible without major work... "Rick" wrote: The x86 designation is taken from the Intel line
September 1st 06 07:54 AM
by Whiteflokati Go to last post
0 528
Need Help with Windows Mobile Device Center by Toastie
Hi, Yeah i have the same issue using a TyTN. When i run the mobile device center it just shows the connection preferences screen. In my last Beta 2, when i connected my TyTN i got a Mobile device center launch screen etc. Now, on 5536, i don't get that at all. Everything is connected though, i can see my device in My Computer - however no way to sync
September 1st 06 09:19 PM
by Gerhard Go to last post
2 581
is there a Pre RC1 hardware comp list by danbrown
Has anyone started a compatibility list for the pre RC1 version? If so could you post a link -- danbrown ------------------------------------------------------------------------ danbrown's Profile: http://vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=5 View this thread: http://vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14880
September 1st 06 02:30 PM
by danbrown Go to last post
0 504
Broadcom Wlan Card by Reda
I have an Acer Aspire 1801 Notebook and I just have installed Windows Vista Beta 2 Pre RC1. Everything was allright but my Wifi wireless card does not work. I must use the ethernet card of my notebook to connect the internet. Can anyone help me? may be with an up dated Driver for my Wifi Wireless Card? Thank you.
September 1st 06 03:09 PM
by Reda Go to last post
0 529
NVIDIA GEFORCE GO 7600 - Only Get Black Screen by BobstaB
My Machine Spec Is As Follows: HP Pavillion dv8000t 2GHZ Intel Centrino Duo 2GB RAM NVIDIA GEFORCE GO 7600 I have a dual boot of Windows XP Pro SP2 on C:, and Windows Vista Beta 2 Build 5384 on D:
September 1st 06 09:39 PM
by dark54555 Go to last post
1 559
USB drives and mapped drive letter conflicts by TechDesign
Happy to report back on my own post...THIS IS FIXED! Build 5536 fixes this issue. Now, USB drives, and I assume any removeable media, finds the next "available" drive letter, avoiding mapped drives. Thank you Microsoft for fixing this headache! "TechDesign" wrote: In Windows XP, I always had problems with clients who wanted to use USB
September 3rd 06 05:42 AM
by TechDesign Go to last post

From The