Can not use Sil0680 RAID 1 set by Thomas Oppenhoff
Hy, I'm using the recent Silicon Image x64 drivers for my Sil 0680 controller. Under XP I was working on a mirrored set (RAID 1) with 2 Samsung 120 GB drives. After installing Vista RC1 I can not access the RAID. Vista finds the two physical discs that it can not access, but it should find the one logical disc (the RAID set). Is there any known workaround to get my RAID 1 working?
September 28th 06 06:08 PM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
1 354
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Problems! Help by Bezley
I have installed the soundcard using drivers from the original installation disk. This cleared up not having sound at all upon first Vista install. However when I calibrate the 5.1 sound it doesn't seem to work properly. I can set it up correctly. The when I go to the test feature where it brings a noise through each speaker "Front Left", "Front Right", "Centre", they do not seem to work...
September 28th 06 06:53 PM
by Leadfoot Go to last post
3 243
Bluetooth v1.2 Dongle + Plantronics Voyager 510 by Sascha
ok, once more a bluetooth problem with vista build 5728. when i plug in the bt usb dongle, it is found and installed properly. in the device mangager i can see a plantronics usb bluetooth device, but marked with an asterisk. the details say it is a generic usb driver, but the device would not work. then after a little googling i found out that i should try using the (patched) widcomm bt stack....
September 28th 06 09:01 PM
by Sascha Go to last post
0 213
Bluetooth v1.2 Dongle + Plantronics Voyager 510 by Sascha
ok, once more a bluetooth problem with vista build 5728. when i plug in the bt usb dongle, it is found and installed properly. in the device mangager i can see a plantronics usb bluetooth device, but marked with an asterisk. the details say it is a generic usb driver, but the device would not work. then after a little googling i found out that i should try using the (patched) widcomm bt stack....
September 28th 06 09:01 PM
by Sascha Go to last post
0 216
Bluetooth v1.2 Dongle and Plantronics Voyager 510 by Sascha
ok, once more a bluetooth problem with vista build 5728. when i plug in the bt usb dongle, it is found and installed properly. in the device mangager i can see a plantronics usb bluetooth device, but marked with an asterisk. the details say it is a generic usb driver, but the device would not work. then after a little googling i found out that i should try using the (patched) widcomm bt stack....
September 28th 06 09:05 PM
by Sascha Go to last post
0 188
Bluetooth v1.2 Dongle and Plantronics Voyager 510 by Sascha
ok, once more a bluetooth problem with vista build 5728. when i plug in the bt usb dongle, it is found and installed properly. in the device mangager i can see a plantronics usb bluetooth device, but marked with an asterisk. the details say it is a generic usb driver, but the device would not work. then after a little googling i found out that i should try using the (patched) widcomm bt stack....
September 28th 06 09:05 PM
by Sascha Go to last post
0 229
Bluetooth v1.2 Dongle and Plantronics Voyager 510 by Sascha
ok, once more a bluetooth problem with vista build 5728. when i plug in the bt usb dongle, it is found and installed properly. in the device mangager i can see a plantronics usb bluetooth device, but marked with an asterisk. the details say it is a generic usb driver, but the device would not work. then after a little googling i found out that i should try using the (patched) widcomm bt stack....
September 28th 06 09:08 PM
by Sascha Go to last post
1 215
Vista Video Card Suggestions... by E. Lindquist
I have an NVIDIA Quadro NVS Display card and would like to upgrade to a "Vista" compatable card. My system rating is at a um, 1.0 low lol. Everything else in my system is up to par, Dual 2.66 XEON's, 3 gigs of ram and a fast 15,000 rpm SCSI drive, but my graphics just "stink" in the performace range. I would like to certainly be able to use the full versitility of the AERO graphics. I can't...
September 28th 06 10:01 PM
by E. Lindquist Go to last post
0 202
D-Link wireless card won't work. by Bella Vista
I am having the same problem too. Furthermore, there is no wireless tab present within the propterties window of my wireless network, only two tabs (Networking and Sharing) "Jah2" wrote: Hi. I just installed Vista Build 5456 and my D-Link G510 wireless card will not work. Windows Vista says that my wireless network adapter does not meet the network requirements. So it will not let me...
September 29th 06 12:13 AM
by Bella Vista Go to last post
0 204
ATI Radeon x1600 Pro PCI-e on X64 5384 by Chronic
I have had a whole world of problems with my AGP Radeon x1600 pro 512mb on 32 bit vista 5728, all using ATI's own vista RC1 driver. I have had corrupted graphics galore and managed to sort it by using the bundled WDM driver made by microsoft it seems to work ok with glass aero effects but games run like poo compared to XP and 3dmark01 looses a whole 3000 3dmarks on vista compared to...
September 29th 06 01:46 AM
by Chronic Go to last post
0 225
Rotate / Portrait / Pivot Display Success, Anyone? by Transcriptionist
Request: Does anyone have portrait mode running on a NON-tablet PC? If so, what is your graphics adapter and drivers? - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Background: My work as a transcriptionist is done best in portrait mode.
September 29th 06 05:37 AM
by Transcriptionist Go to last post
0 274
ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 - HP Compaq NX7000 by Gerard
I'm having a big problem with the vista built-in driver for ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 on a HP Notebook. With the notebook panoramic-flat it doesn't work (it seems screen refresh it's not ok), but it works good with an external screen. The only solution is using Standard-VGA driver or ATI-MRadeon9200 Windows XP driver, which reduces drastically performance. Any idea?
September 29th 06 06:49 AM
by Gerard Go to last post
0 276
Vista Video Card Suggestions... by E. Lindquist
I have an NVIDIA Quadro NVS Display card and would like to upgrade to a "Vista" compatable card. My system rating is at a um, 1.0 low lol. Everything else in my system is up to par, Dual 2.66 XEON's, 3 gigs of ram and a fast 15,000 rpm SCSI drive, but my graphics just "stink" in the performace range. I would like to certainly be able to use the full versitility of the AERO graphics. I can't...
September 29th 06 08:02 AM
by E. Lindquist Go to last post
3 275
ATI X1600 Pro Problem by SUAT
Hello. I have exactly the same card as yours, namely, Ati x1600 Pro 512 MB AGP 8x from Sapphire. I could not make Ati Catalyst drivers work, but MS drivers that come with RC1 release work properly with Aero enabled. Please be advised. Regards
September 29th 06 09:58 AM
by SUAT Go to last post
0 229
Sound Blaster Live by Rob
Has anyone heared whether there is or will be any drivers available for the Sound Blaster Live card on the Vista RC1 Build 5600 64bit OS Thanks Rob
September 29th 06 11:36 AM
by Carlos Go to last post
2 280
CODE 10 with Dual Realtek PCI-E GbLAN controllers 8111B and 8110S by Cthelight
I got a new MSI K9A Platinum with 2 Realtek PCI-E GbLAN controller 8111B and 8110S, the hardware works fine in linux but vista (32bit build 54??) it says it can not start the hardware (code 10)! whats going wrong! i got only 10 days befor actvation!
September 29th 06 12:35 PM
by Cthelight Go to last post
0 290
Need NIC Driver by Jeremy Ginsberg
I installed Vista into a VPC (MS VPC 2004) but the network card will not work. I installed the add-on pack and still does not work. It shows up as a "Intel 21140-Based PCI Fast Enternet Adapter (Emulated)". I am running a Intel PRO/1000 PL Network Card. Any help is appreciated.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 29th 06 01:12 PM
by CHristopher L. Estep Go to last post
10 468
ATI 9600 Resolution problem by Mailman
Hey all, I posted this earlier, but I lost it in the shuffle... I'm having a resolution problem since making the step to RC1. I can only display 1024x780 as opposed to the 1280x1024 I was getting prior to the upgrade. I use a pretty generic 17-inch monitor that had no issues displaying the 1280 res before. I tried using ATI's Vista RC1 divers they released, but that didn't help, and after...
September 29th 06 05:15 PM
by J M Schlatter Go to last post
2 316
ATI Radeon 7000 VE on Dell PowerEdge 1800 by Robert Robinson
The ATI Radeon 7000 VE on-board graphics adapter is correctly recognized by Windows Server 2003, but not by Vista #5536. The Vista beta 2 software from ATI also fails to recognize the 7000 adapter. Does anyone know of a Vista driver for the 7000 ? Thank you. Robert Robinson
September 29th 06 05:20 PM
by J M Schlatter Go to last post
6 598
Display Setting Task by mc
hello there, I need some help pls, I don't know what's going on with the Display Setting task, it pops up everytimes I log into windows Vista. Any comments would be welcome. thanks very much mates
September 29th 06 05:36 PM
by mc Go to last post

From The