CTRL key (re)assignment by ricardo.l
Hi, on my new laptop with Premium license I've got the Canc key on the upper right corner, which is different than what I was used to on a Toshiba Satellite, where it was more conveniently located just replacing the right CTRL key. Now, I d really like to know how to reassign the right ctrl key to work as a Canc key. Any hint or way, no matter how tough, I will put into practice. Thx a lot...
November 11th 07 08:21 PM
by ricardo.l Go to last post
2 139
Dual core processor only ones on one core by Annesouth
I have an AMD X2 3800 dual core processor on an Asus M2VMX motherboard.The cores show up fine in device manager, but when I check using any number of diags only one processor shows up. I've updated all of my drivers and bios without any luck. I'm running Vista Home Premium.
November 11th 07 07:08 PM
by Bachag Go to last post
7 174
SoundBlaster Audigy Issues by BruDe
I just performed a clean install of Windows Vista Home premium on my system. Unfortunately, Vista won't recognize my sound card (a SoundBlaster Audigy 2) and it doesn't appear in the system devices list. As part of the preinstall, I downloaded the Vista compatible drivers, but when I tried to install them, I get a message saying my sound card doesn't exist. The card worked fine with...
November 11th 07 06:57 PM
by flambe Go to last post
1 129
Vista crashed external HD by Swift Sword
I have several external HDs connected to my system, all via USB. I was copying information from one HD to another when I connected a USB thumb drive. Vista reset all of the connections and crashed the HD I was copying from. I believe the table is corrupted. Is there a fix for this so I can recover the data?
November 11th 07 05:40 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
3 151
Removing skins from Media Player by LadyAmethyst1961
Hi,i added a new skin for my media player but when i click on media player skin doesnt come on,is thier a way to remove it or did it not install properly to begin with?Could someone please help -- JackieA
November 11th 07 03:24 PM
by LadyAmethyst1961 Go to last post
0 123
Netgear SC101 broken mirror by M
ANy idea how to repair a broken mirror? The SC101 SCM software detects the broken mirror, allows me to select it but then doesnt present an "Ok" or "Next" or "Fix" button (I just have "Back and "Cancel")! Ive contacted Netgear tech support but the response is unintellgible, the engineer's first language clearly isnt English. Config is as follows: NAS 1 has 4 partitions, each mirrored. Mirroring...
November 11th 07 01:44 PM
by M Go to last post
0 138
SB Audigy 2 Platinum and Vista Ultimate by Sotos
I experience a major problem with my SB. Even if I install the drivers automaticaly through Vista web search, even if I run the installation manualy with the Creative's drivers file for Vista: SBAXVSD_PCDRV_LB_2_12_0002, I can here no sound. Please help! Sotos
November 11th 07 11:27 AM
by Sotos Go to last post
0 186
Every USB device plugged in isn't automatically installed by Brian
All devices previously plugged in and working have ceased being recognized by Windows Vista x64. What is the solution so that I won't have to point to "driverstore" everytime I unplug a usb device that was functioning and plug it in again SYMPTOMS of PROBLEM: Whenever a usb device is plugged in, a prompt is displayed allowing 3 choices:
November 11th 07 08:11 AM
by Donna Buenaventura Go to last post
1 120
Mouse probelm by Vishalg
when I connects mousee through USB ports , my acer laptop gives error as "Unknown Device found". And not able to download device driver for optical mouse also. Mouse is TARGUS and model is PAUM010EU. Can any one help me to locate Device Drivers for the above mentioned mouse??
November 11th 07 05:55 AM
by Spirit Go to last post
3 121
Vista with CRT monitor and garbled graphics by RuneH
Hi, I have an annoying problem in Windows Vista when using a CRT monitor. When I start a game in full screen like Team Fortress 2 or often just by accessing something that triggers the UAP screen to confirm running as administrator the picture on my monitor goes complete garbled - See http://swootech.dk/VistaGfx/Vista%20Graphics%20Problem%20003%20-%20Small.jpg (I enabled the monitor OSD...
November 10th 07 10:42 PM
by RuneH Go to last post
0 96
Help annoying my Vanpool with speaker sound when headset is on by Magoo
Hi, bottomline: In Vista how do I turn off my external speakers when my headset is on? I listen to video casts on my vanpool ride into work and they are getting annoyed that I cannot turn off my external speakers in Vista. I listen with my headset and in XP this autmagically turns off my external speakers. With Vista both external speakers and headset speakers fire! How do I turn off my...
November 10th 07 08:06 PM
by Magoo Go to last post
2 112
Audio Problems by Shaz
I tried that but the arrows are greyed out on the speed settings play speed is set as 1.000 -- Shaz
November 10th 07 06:00 PM
by Shaz Go to last post
0 104
Windows Failed to Start! Confused out of my mind! by Tiffany87
Hello, trying to find a a place to get help with vista. Heres the situation on my laptop. I did something you shouldn't do earlier today. I was in a hurry and held the Power Button until the pc shut off. Instead of shutting down properly, i know. Now hours later i tried to boot up and now i get this error. I have windows vista home premium 32bit. "WINDOWS FAILED TO START. A RECENT...
November 10th 07 05:11 PM
by FigN64 Go to last post
1 96
Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Keyboard 7000 won't turn on by scory3
I recently got the Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Keyboard 7000. I can hook up the mouse and make it discoverable, but when I try to do the same with the keyboard, nothing happens. I don't see any lights on the keyboard when I flip the switch. Are there supposed to be lights? Thanks
November 10th 07 04:58 PM
by scory3 Go to last post
0 107
Hard drives not recognized anymore by shattered00
I have 4 HDs total. A WD Raptor 74gb, 2x WD raptor 150gb, and a WD Caviar SE 320gb. I uninstalled both the chipset and display drivers from Nvidia, and then booted in safe mode to use Driver Sweeper to remove any remnants. Upon reinstalling both drivers, my 2 150gb HDs which are in RAID 0 are not showing up at all. During the BIOS boot, it shows the RAID array as healthy. In the BIOS, no...
November 10th 07 03:58 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
2 104
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Problem. by Dave
Hi all, About two weeks ago my Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic running under Vista Ultimate for almost 12 months suddenly started to make strange noises and appears to get "stuck" when playing World of Warcraft. It is possible that this is happening with other applications too, but I haven't noticed it. I tried installing a couple of different Vista drivers for the card, (which was...
November 10th 07 01:13 PM
by Dominic Payer Go to last post
1 111
DVI connection goes blank upon booting into Vista by Vincent
Hi all, I am using a LCD monitor with DVI connection and has worked hassle free for the last year. However after leaving my computer sit there for a couple hours, I find that there is no signal to the LCD monitor. I reboot and hear the windows start up sound but no signal. I changed from using DVI to VGA and no problems. But why would my DVI connection not work all of a sudden? I can boot...
November 10th 07 07:03 AM
by Vincent Go to last post
0 125
cordless mouse by Rick[_7_]
I bought a HP m9040n and HP w2207 monitor running Vista Premium Aero. It has an cordless mouse and keyboard. Sometimes when I bring the computer and screen out of sleep mode with the mouse the mouse seems to lockup. The pointer stays in the middle of the screen and doesn't move while moving the mouse. I can type on the keyboard and get letters to type. Thanks for help
November 10th 07 03:50 AM
by Rick[_7_] Go to last post
0 132
Screen display by davej
My screen has changed from a landscape to a portrait on my laptop. Does anyone know how to change it back. -- davej
November 10th 07 03:04 AM
by Ali Go to last post
3 98
Patch for Lexmark Printer by SonyWife
Can anyone tell me where I can get a patch so my all in one Printer will be compatible with Vista?
November 10th 07 12:35 AM
by pvdg42 Go to last post

From The