hard drive by tess
I interrupted a disc format and now cannot access the disc. It is the D drive. Windows says it cannot access the disc.
November 9th 07 11:18 PM
by Malke Go to last post
4 119
Ignores BR/DVDs or DVDs but CDs works fine. by McBain
It used to work fine otherwise I wouldnt have got Vista installed. Soon after I got Bioshock installed: worked and played fine. I installed quite a few more programs including AnyDVD; which is suspect in the problem. DVDs and BRDVDs are recognized because the avatar and correct label show up in 'my computer'. Opening or exploring just shows "Drag any files to this folder to add them to...
November 9th 07 09:56 PM
by McBain Go to last post
1 118
Keyboard continuously repeating by Man In Problem
Since about a week or so whenever I press any arrow key the keyboard on my laptop presses down continuously and the only way i can stop it if i press the tab key. Ive checked if the key is stuck and have even took off the key and blew out any signs of dust but the problem still occurs. It happenes as soon as boot up the laptop as it now, since the problem began, starts off with the option of...
November 9th 07 08:59 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
1 108
cd/dvd by adan
my laptop cd/dvd has worked b4 but now just stopped. it stills spins all cd,data,dvd i put in but no response...the device manager doesnt even show a cd/dvd device or driver. please help how can i fix -- adan
November 9th 07 07:35 PM
by adan Go to last post
0 198
New hard drive problems by Craig008
I have just insalled another hard drive in my girl friends computer only to find tat when i boot with it connected the machine will not boot at all, the bios detects it and when vista begins to boot the bluescreen of deat flicks up real quick and the machine restarts. if i boot from disc to do a start up repair it does nothing but si there but with all this the machine does boot just fine if...
November 9th 07 06:47 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
6 134
DVD-RW displays CD files & directories but not DVD files & directo by MikeD
I have a "Lite-On DVDRW LH-20A1H ATA Device" (as reported by Device Manager) that will display the contents of CDs but not DVDs. The drive has the latest firmware upgrade. OS is Vista Home Premium 32-bit. Here's the scenario: I can pop in a DVD-ROM and Autoplay will launch asking if I want to run (in this case) Setup.exe or open to explore files. If I choose the latter, or close Autoplay...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 9th 07 05:45 PM
by liquiddan Go to last post
15 259
vista driver for genius videocam eye 2.0 by hasan
Please provide me with the vista drivers for genius videocam eye
November 9th 07 08:04 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 119
Router issues with vista by Chris[_7_]
I'm using a thompson ST v585v6 router which has been working with my PC running Vista 64. However, have now just bought a laptop running vista 32 home premium and I can connect it via wireless and cable but get no internet access. Have searched high and low for answer but to no avail - would really appreciate some help. The laptop in question is a samsung Q70. What is throwing me is the...
November 9th 07 05:43 AM
by BigJim Go to last post
2 97
Help installing a hard drive by Dave T.[_2_]
Hello all, I have a spare EIDE internal hard drive I would like to install to my machine, but I don't have a spare bay. Can someone clue me in about USB HD cases, how do they work and what to do to set one up? Does the drive just plug in to the case, or does it come with cables? I never knew that these things existed until recently, so am ignorant of them. -- Dave T.
November 9th 07 01:25 AM
by Dave T.[_2_] Go to last post
3 104
RAM Limit on Windows Home Premium? by Matt
I have heard that there is a limit for WIndows Home Premium that it will only recognize 3.25 gb of ram as a max. Is this true?
November 8th 07 10:32 PM
by PaulB Go to last post
7 116
New nVidia WHQL Graphics Drivers ver. 163.75 6 Nov. 2007 by Cal Bear '66
New nVidia WHQL Graphics Drivers ver. 163.75 6 Nov. 2007 http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 8th 07 10:22 PM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
28 251
vista not reading olympus dig-camera by Johnny B
Hi guys, For some odd reason my new Olympus Stylus 760 is not bein picked up by Vista. Its working fine on my son's Win XP Pro and even the stores Windows Vista is all good. Nothing comes up when I plug the camera into the USB, on camera it just sais "One Moment" but nothing comes up... When trying to update the driver for the camera (its not even on olympus website) just from device...
November 8th 07 10:10 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
5 113
Audio device causing unexpected shutdowns. by BUTTABOOK
Windows tells me I have a problem with my Realtek High Definition Audio Device. Everything appears okay? When I went into the 'Event Finder,' the Fault Bucket for my shutdown was 0x9F_IMAGE_Rtlh86.sys, type 0 Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to have to disable my soundcard.
November 8th 07 08:56 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
5 117
DVD n USB Access is Denied by Wilson
Hi, I'm running vista home premium, I get access is denied on dvd player and all usb devices, red circles around the icons in explorer and unable to change ownership despite having admin access. however, in safe mode everything works fine... I've admin rights.... HELP!!!!
November 8th 07 08:20 PM
by Morten Solemsli Lauritzen Go to last post
6 117
USB drive "Access Denied" by Icewindgale
I'm going directly from win2K to Vista, and Vista is having problems with my USB external hard drive. It is listed under "unspecified" drives in My Computer, properties shows it having 0 bytes, and any attempt to open or explore it produces the message: F:\ is not accessible. Access is denied. My investigation so far has led me to believe this has something to do with
November 8th 07 08:19 PM
by Morten Solemsli Lauritzen Go to last post
3 114
DVD Drive Gone by Sandra Smithey
I just installed the 32-bit Vista Ultimate on my laptop yesterday. I installed a couple of programs from CDs and eveything was working fine. Tonight I installed a driver for the LightScribe program and hadn't installed the program first. I now can't use my DVD Drive. When I put a DVD or CD in the drive the light comes on but nothing else. I can't see my DVD Drive in Device Manager or in...
November 8th 07 07:24 PM
by joemamafresh Go to last post
5 123
Using WMDC with a Storage Card by Bob
Devices have been using Storage Cards for awhile. Why can't Micosoft realize that and allow WMDC to sync My Documents on a Storage Card instead of only the My Documents in Main Memory?
November 8th 07 04:06 PM
by Bob Go to last post
0 99
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers (ver. 1.81 8 Nov. 2007) by Cal Bear '66
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers (ver. 1.81 8 Nov. 2007): http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High%20Definition%20Audio%20Codecs I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
November 8th 07 03:01 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
0 95
Shocking new bug on Vista x64 - cannot detect a SATA drive by czrsink (UK)
So I spent weeks finding out how to fix the annoying 'Found new hardware' problem everytime I connected a simple USB flash drive, and I thought 'Great'. Good old Microsoft! Then I get a brand new Samsung SATA 500GB HDD and plug it in...and guess what? Windows asks me for drivers (this is a HARD DRIVE for goodness sake) and then searches Windows update...can't find anything, so I eventually...
November 8th 07 12:27 PM
by Tom Lake[_2_] Go to last post
1 101
C-Media Azalia Cmi-9880 Drivers for Windows Vista by Media Center helper
I am currently testing Windows Vista Build 5744, but one of my devices is not working with the drivers i have tried the install, the device is a C-Media Azalia CMI9880 High Definition Audio sound card thats build into my Asus P5GD2 Premium motherboard, i have tried using the asus driver disk it seemed to install ok but when i reboot my computer and log back into Windows Vista the Driver fail...
November 8th 07 11:33 AM
by deep-search Go to last post

From The