Vista RC1 Sync Center fails Set up by Rich
I have a Toshiba Tecra M4 Tablet PC, 2GB running Vista RC1. I am trying to setup a partnership with a new i-Mate K-Jam device. When connecting the device via USB on either of my 3-USB ports, Vista installs the drivers and recognises the device and presents it to the Mobility Center and Sync Center. Nothing happens when I select "Set up" from the Sync Center menu, or via Right-Click on the...
September 30th 06 05:58 PM
by b Go to last post
1 167
Using Vista by AJ
Once I install Vista on my computer, is there an easy way to go back to my original XP if I encounter problems? Is there a way to easily go back and forth between the 2 operating systems? If I have the Recovery CD for my computer, the worst that can happen is that I reinstall windows XP correct? I used the upgrade advisor and it's telling me that these issues exist and I'm not sure if it...
September 30th 06 06:48 PM
by Diablo63 Go to last post
9 215
Horrible performance with ATI Radeon Mobility 9700 drivers install by nick
Anyone have any ideas? Tried ATI beta drivers and "default" Vista drivers - both result in the screen refreshing once per every 5 seconds
September 30th 06 08:42 PM
by nick Go to last post
0 144
ATI x700 Svideo to TV comes out Black and White not in color. by Ryan
I had this same setup in Windows XP and everything worked great. I installed Windows Vista and now my secondary display which is my TV only shows up in black and white. I installed the latest Catalyst drivers. Has anybody experienced this?
September 30th 06 09:39 PM
by Ryan Go to last post
0 142
ATI x700 Svideo to TV comes out Black and White not in color. by Ryan
I had this same setup in Windows XP and everything worked great. I installed Windows Vista and now my secondary display which is my TV only shows up in black and white. I installed the latest Catalyst drivers. Has anybody experienced this?
September 30th 06 09:40 PM
by Ryan Go to last post
0 179
Nostromo n52 Gamepad driver by ElSama
I'm having difficulty getting this gamepad to work. The XP driver will seem to install properly, however when the device is plugged in, the key-mapping software (Loadout Manager) doesn't see the device. Further poking around revealed that the XP .inf doesn't work with Vista. I realize it's not Microsoft's problem to provide a driver, however if they could put some pressure on Belkin to...
October 1st 06 12:14 AM
by MrCoffee Go to last post
7 457
copying files from DVD extremely slow under Vista RC1 by Ado Neilson
My CD/DVD 4x +RW combo drive appears to have been correctly identified (Dell Inspiron 8600) - the name of the device is the same under Vista and XP. However, copying files from a DVD is achingly slow in Vista RC1. It took over an hour to copy files that I was then able to copy in under 5 minutes under XP. I also noticed that the driver details are much more extensive under XP than under...
October 1st 06 12:24 AM
by Jo Go to last post
1 173
Treo 700w by DM Nelson
I have a Treo 700w which will not sync using Sync Center. I have already eliminated the old partnership as well as a hardware reset and still nothing happens when I select create new sync partnership. Anyone else with this situation? -- Regards, DM Nelson
October 1st 06 12:55 AM
by DM Nelson Go to last post
0 175
K8N800 aero by Max
Hi, anybody knows if via K8N800 graphic adapter support Aero Glass? I've installed Vista, but probably because of the driver, Aero is not enabled, and Direct 3d appared to be not supported. I appreciate your help Thank you! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
October 1st 06 01:09 AM
by Phillips Go to last post
1 198
Dispaly settings by Gary G. Little
I had a notice today to update the NVIDIA and Sigmatel drivers and did such. Now, everytime I come back from a reset/shutdown or screensaver I get the Display Settings window. A minor irratation, but thus far I can't get rid of it. Gary G. Little
October 1st 06 02:23 AM
by Gary G. Little Go to last post
0 168
how do i find the plug-n-play ID for a Device? by Steven Wabik
how do i find the plug-n-play ID for a Device? i'm supporting a driver request to microsoft so that they will include drivers for this one device in vista like they did in vista. its a WL110 Wireless LAN PC Card. i know it an old PC card but its more reliable then any of the other wireless LAN devices in my house. the WL110 Wireless LAN PC Card is a device that came out around 1995. the native xp...
October 1st 06 02:53 AM
by Steven Wabik Go to last post
0 158
Vista5600 on an MSI K8? by BIGDADDY51
I have a MSI K8NGM2-FID and can"t get past setup no matter what I do. Has anyone been able to install Vista RC1 on this motherboard? I have been able to install it on an NF3 and a NF2 build ,so it's not the dvds or the hardware, as I used the same hardware except for the motherboard . Any help? K8 board, 1gb of ram an 80 gb WD harddrive and a Lite-on DVDRW AMD 3500 cpu. Any help...
October 1st 06 02:56 AM
by BIGDADDY51 Go to last post
6 156
ATI x700 Svideo out to TV Black and White Pictire by Ryan
I just setup the Vista Beta and am having a weird problem. Keep in mind in Windows XP what I am trying to do worked fine. I have my TV setup as my secondary display. When I installed Vista and hooked this up the TV only comes out in Black and White. Anybody else having this problem? I loaded the latest Catalyst drivers and I am still getting the same results.
October 1st 06 04:39 AM
by vmos Go to last post
3 149
Toshiba Qosmio F10 with nvidia 6600 go 128 mb by Acubens
Hi All, Running Vista build 5728 on a multi media laptop Qosmio F10 with 1 gigabyte memory and nvidia 6600 go 128mb, it runs great no problems except for the drivers for the multi card reader no drivers to install and find on the net, anybody have a solution for thisor a suggestion. If anybody have question about running vista on qosmio feel free to ask. regards, Acubens
October 1st 06 07:57 AM
by Charles Crowder Go to last post
1 136
PHILIPS ToUcam II on build 5278 by Xavier Durieux
Hello everybody My webcam is only recognized as an audio device. Has any one been able to use this webcam as what it should be.... a webcam Thank you
October 1st 06 10:13 AM
by Xavier Durieux Go to last post
1 192
Nvidia 7950 and Vista by Martin Racette
Hi, I looking into replacing both of my 6600GT for a 7950, but I want to know how well it will work with Vista (RC-1 and retail) -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance
October 1st 06 10:16 AM
by b Go to last post
1 158
Vista RC1 and G550 - no dual head by Friedrich Stockhammer
Hi, I use Vista RC1 and a G550. With the driver that Vista downloaded automatically dual head did not work - which drivers should I use that works under Vista RC1? fup2: microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices -- Greetings Friedrich Stockhammer http://www.stockhammer.at/
October 1st 06 11:39 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 166
ATi Mobility Radeon 9600 by Krikor
Hi, I am using an Asus A2D notebook with a Mobility Radeon 9600, which ostensibly is supported by ATi's Catalyst RC1 for Vista, however, while the driver installs successfully, it fails to load/initialise, and I am stuck with no 3d accelleration. The 'driver' provided by Vista also behaves the same way. I can only assume that this is because Asus notebooks are not supported by ATi (aparently...
October 1st 06 05:24 PM
by J M Schlatter Go to last post
2 140
Hard Drive making high pitched noises by bjdku
After installing Vista RC1, I noticed my hard drive is making audible high pitched noises. The pattern of the noise is 1 second steady beep-like noise, then maybe .1 second silence. When I create disk activity, the noise alters or disappears. I did not have this noise when running Windows XP. I have a Dell Latitude D810 with a Pentium M 1.73 and 1 GB RAM. It is possible that it isn't the...
October 1st 06 07:01 PM
by bjdku Go to last post
2 156
safecom swlpt-54125 vista drivers by stu
I have the same problem, did you find a solution?
October 1st 06 07:11 PM
by stu Go to last post

From The