How to initialize new HDD? Not found anywhere (as admin). by Gerald Abrahamson
Vista 64 Home Premium. Where is the tab/command to initialize (fdisk?) a new HDD? I am logged in as Administrator (system says so) with full control/permission. I can see the hard drives in the Device Manager/Disk Drives. All drives are "good" per the controller and I can see them as physical devices on the computer.
October 8th 09 08:54 PM
by lemur Go to last post
9 2,031
Scanner Canon Canoscan 3000f on 64bit Vista by SandyX
There are no drivers for my scanner as it is not compatible with 64bit Vista. Does this mean my scanner is now redundant? Hey, I like this scanner!! Is there a solution or is it now a pedal car? -- SandyX
October 8th 09 05:31 PM
by Cahponnet[_2_] Go to last post
5 248
Audio Output Device problem by J
Since my recent automatic Windows update, my laptop no longer recognises an audio output device, claiming one is not installed. All troubleshooting guides just tell me to enable the device, which is impossible as it says it is not installed as opposed to simply disabled. I have never had this problem before, as my laptop has in built speakers. Any suggestions on how to solve this so I can...
October 8th 09 03:46 AM
by Tae Song Go to last post
4 206
DVD RW not reading blank DVD disks, thinks no disk is in the drive by LenaBru
Hi I have a Toshiba A100 laptop with vista home premium installed on it. I am trying to burn DVD disks on my laptop, and when i insert a disk it says i don't have a disk in the drive and i should input one. I tried several DVD disks, including a rewritable one. I looked at a similar Toshiba laptop, and it does write DVD disks.
October 8th 09 03:29 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
5 198
Problem with NVIDIA Ge Force Go 7900 GS by LT[_2_]
Hi all Ever since I did a Windows update back in July, my video card has been acting up. While I'm using the computer the image on the screen starts breaking up, then I get a black screen. I have to force the computer for a shut down. After so many re starts I get a message saying " Display Driver Stopped working and has recovered. I can use the computer for a little while, and then I get the...
October 7th 09 10:02 PM
by LT[_2_] Go to last post
6 163
Drive E: Errors.... by redgie
hello back again with errors..... 1st error... my drive e: reads disc or a blank disc... but i cant burn.. why? 2nd... my nero essentials cant read my drive e:.. i don't know why... 3rd... whenever i click data disc for burn option.. i receive message saying " if your using windows remote log in...... U CANT
October 7th 09 06:58 AM
by Tae Song Go to last post
1 161
Network Login Icon no longer displayed by Paul Calcagno
I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2 on an Acer desktop with 2 gig of RAM. The computer is working fine and my internet connection seems quite normal. However, I just noticed that the little computer monitor icon that's supposed to be in the lower right hand corner of my display is not there. Normally when I hover over this icon a small indicator shows up saying I'm connected locally and to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 7th 09 06:11 AM
by t-4-2[_99_] Go to last post
20 466
Subwoofer not working in Vista 64bit by The Duke
Just replaced my Dell 4400 with an Xi i7 running Vista 64bit. Because the new system's sound output jacks are the same miniplug style as the old system's, I had assumed that the Harmon Kardon 395 speakers that came with the Dell would work on the new system. And they do ... sort of. These speakers consist of a pair of small stereo speakers that sit on the desktop plus a large subwoofer that...
October 7th 09 03:16 AM
by CrucialHoax Go to last post
3 195
C drive full by metalriff
I hope this is in the right section, my C drive went form 125gb free to completely full in about an hour. I did all the usual malware and virus scans nothing shows up. Where do I start? Vista premium home edition. Thanks alot! Todd -- metalriff
October 6th 09 04:51 PM
by TheDuck[_2_] Go to last post
7 153
CDDVDW TS-L632H ATA Device - error code 10 by Lnegron
I bought a Toshiba A205 laptop with Vista pre-loaded and everything was fine up until now. My DVD drive is not working now. I went into Control Panel and hit the Device Manager Icon to see if the device is at all is recognized. What I noticed was a yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside of it. The message stated that "This device can not start - error code 10." I searched...
October 6th 09 03:58 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
6 149
VISTA64 and Epson Stylus NX515 printer by Ritter197[_2_]
I have tried and tried ( and wasted hours and a lot of good photography paper) to print on this above Epson four 3.5x5.0 photos on 1 sheet. I have tried it from Paint, Paintnet, Windows Gallery and always get 1 full sheet. On a previous Epson and Windows XP I never had this problem. I also have a HP Office jet 935 and that gives me 4 on 1 sheet also with VISTA 64. What's wrong with this...
October 5th 09 08:01 PM
by Ritter197[_2_] Go to last post
4 124
Driver Support for Promise Ultra 133 TX2 IDE by Peter H.
Dear Microsoft, please add driver support for Promise Ultra 133 TX2 IDE. It's by far the most common and affordable card. As well it was supported on Windows XP x64 so I was wondering why not Windows Vista. Thanks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button...
October 5th 09 12:11 PM
by daemonmonkey Go to last post
3 160
ATI Sapphire 4850 1GB HDMI by nCage
Hi All, I re-start a much debated topic - no audio via HDMI to TV... i have a Windows Vista/32, and m2n-e Asus mobo (with integrated audio 7.1 in it) as i plugged the VC and installed the 9.9 catalyst drivers i noticed in device manager that there are unrecognized devices (2). i'm not sure why the auto detect hardware option of the catalyst installer does not detect the on-board audio of the VC...
October 4th 09 09:18 PM
by Tae Song Go to last post
7 194
My dvd drive on my dell studio 17 is no longer seen by vista by Ghost 36
I have a Dell studio 17 laptop that no longer reconise the dvd drive, I was told that a solution existed on the Microsoft knowadge site and when I followed what it said I found that the registry entry for the dvd drive had been deleted. I have e-mailed microsoft tech support about half a dozen time asking how to correct this problem and I have heard nothing from them. Please does anybody...
October 4th 09 04:02 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
2 134
Fax modem not transmitting voice signal by Dave T.[_4_]
Hi group. My machine is Vista Home Premium SP2. It came with a CXT PCI Soft Data Fax Modem installed, and Realtek High Definition Audio. My question is this; Shouldn't this modem be able to transmit voice signals over an analog phone line? When I connect my phone line to the RJ11 connector of the modem I am able to use windows phone dialer to dial out, make a connection, and I can hear the...
October 4th 09 03:11 PM
by Dave T.[_4_] Go to last post
2 139
SATA Hard Drive Factory Full Capacity Restore - Vista 64Bit by Caxtin
Western Digital SATA Hard Drive - 640GB Vista Home Premium - 64Bit Gateway desktop. Would someone know of any utility or method to restore a SATA hard drive's factory full capacity size? During partitioning my drive, it went from 595GB (640GB Drive) to only 32GB. Since it is a 64-Bit system, I can't find a utility to restore the drive's full capacity.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 4th 09 04:04 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP Go to last post
12 246
Monitor goes to sleep by Gingbeard
Recently I have bought a gaming PC, and after a few hours of such gaming, my monitor goes to sleep, the PC is still running and I can still be playing my game... just without a monitor! The only way to get the monitor to work is to restart the PC. Any ideas what the problem could be? At first I suspected an overheating Graphics card, but could it be other things? could it be a RAM problem? what...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 3rd 09 09:34 AM
by neo101 Go to last post
16 239
Window Media Center TV Tuner not found by k5wpn
Hi I have Windows Vista Home Prem. and a ATI TV PCI Card. Media center was working just fine til the other day when it can up with TV Tuner not installed. I have tried removing the card and rebooting, remove and installing the drivers. The card work well with ATI Media Center. the computer is a ZT P4 4gig of DDR2 with SP1 installed. Thanks
October 2nd 09 01:09 PM
by tim250 Go to last post
1 166
HP Pavilion laptop and Vista 64 sleep issues- possible fix? by JCPlus
I've been trying to track down the exact cause of an internal BSOD upon closing the lid for the DV5 laptop, configured to sleep when lid is closed. This happens about 1 out of 3 or 4 times. I initially thought it was related to installed programs, especially recent installs, but that does not appear to be the case. But then I stumbled across something... When I choose to sleep from the...
October 2nd 09 12:50 AM
by mentormatt8 Go to last post
1 149
PLease help with sataII hdd drive install by joe
Hi all, Just brought a 1tb hdd samsung for my dell inspiron. I replaced my original wd 250gb hdd port space with this one (on serial 0) in my inspiron 530 and stuck the original 250gb hdd on another spare port.(serial 4) I ghosted an image of the original hdd onto the samsung using norton ghost 14. However when i boot the pc back up the primary hdd is always the original wd 250gb hdd and...
October 1st 09 08:39 AM
by joe Go to last post

From The