Canon IS-12 scanner cartridge by jcprompt
Hello, I have a Canon BJC-85 printer. I have the IS-12 scanner cartridge that allows you to scan and copy documents. This worked fine with XP. With vista it does not work. I have tried running the Canon ISScan software in Legacy mode. I have also tried using the Twain drivers through other scanning software. I can not get it to work. The Canon site simply says that no drivers are being...
September 20th 09 05:48 AM
by benguile Go to last post
6 313
WD external drive works with XP, not with Vista by Andy G[_2_]
I have a WD 250GB external hard drive, the MyBook. It works absolutely fine on a HP laptop running XP, but on another HP laptop running Vista Basic does not work properly. Symptoms as follows. Does not show in Explorer. Shows in Device Manager and claims it's running properly, but shows no Volume under the volumes tab. Shows in Computer Management, but no details and cannot perform any...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 20th 09 02:45 AM
by MatthewV[_3_] Go to last post
20 572
2nd monitor tips by R3DN3X
So I have recently hooked up a 2nd monitor, no issues what so ever. but I have a few questions that I need help on. 1. Can you extend the task bar over both monitors? 2. Can you change the wallpaper of a single monitor without both changing Many thanks!
September 20th 09 12:03 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP Go to last post
1 203
Logical Drive to Primary Partition in Vista? by alg0r1thm
I would like to know how to change a Logical Drive to a Primary Partition in Vista.  I have 2 HDD's so I don't need to shrink any of my HDD's to make a virtual drive. Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
September 19th 09 06:14 PM
by alg0r1thm Go to last post
0 252
No display coming out of sleep mode by calvnhobbes
Relevant Info - CPU: AM2 5200 Mobo: M2N32-SLI Deluxe wifi edition O/S: Vista 32 home premium GPU: 2 X EVGA 7600GT 256mb (sli mode) Monitor: Viewsonic 27" LCD T.V. utilizing DVI port from primary slot vga (don't know model # off the top of my head, i'm at work, but I do know I dl the unsigned drivers vista os zip file from viewsonic's website) PSU: 600W All drivers are current/up-to-date.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 19th 09 07:01 AM
by Bob Go to last post
15 480
DVD drive not working/missing by hatepcs
hi ok so i had not used my dvd drive in a while (oh yea it's a hp dv6824) and the other day i tried to open it and it would open so i used a paper clip and opened closed it back . No response so i restarted the machine , my drive no longer appears in my computer or device manager, so after a few days of doing just about everything i could think of including restoring to factory state, nothing...
September 19th 09 05:44 AM
by nameless Go to last post
7 228
blue screen by oner ulgudur
i cant find any solituon for my blue screen problem.... this is the fault bucket 0xD1_yk60x86+f1a6, tür 0
September 19th 09 05:35 AM
by nameless Go to last post
1 198
Stupid double tap on the touchpad...make it stop! Help, anyone? by EnkaiNami
I have an HP laptop with Windows Vista, and I have no real complaints about it except this %^#*ing 'double tap' thing being double click. I can't stand it. I've accidentally clicked on countless things over the past two days (I just got this laptop). Yet I can find no way to edit it. Help? I'm about ready to chuck this thing out a window because it's so frustrating. I downloaded Synaptics,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 19th 09 05:29 AM
by nameless Go to last post
17 363
Blank screen after upgrade to 4GB RAM by sivaperiasamy
Hi, Could anyone please help me in the below problem I had 2.5GB of RAM in HP laptop. OS - vista home premium service pack2. The system works fine. I upgraded to 4GB RAM(2*2GB). when upgraded to 4GB in bios able to see as ~3.33GB of RAM. I am able to see microsoft progress bar also, but after that the screen is blank and able to hear windows logon sound but no display. The screen is black.
September 18th 09 07:51 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
2 175
Logitech MX 310 Mouse by ajelin
After upgrading to x64 my mouse no longer functions as anything but a 2 button mouse with a scroll wheel. Logitech says that the Vista Native Drivers are sufficient to use but they are not. I have always used Mouseware which allows me to select the wheel as double click and the other buttons to be set for what I wanted. In one of the threads in the Developer newsgroup I saw that someone named...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 18th 09 09:02 AM
by GnBanditoCI5[_3_] Go to last post
16 335
Source Atapi/EventID 11 by Martin S[_2_]
Can anybody help me with my PC is getting several of these Error messages at a time? They have an error description of "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\Ideport2." They only started around a month ago and I haven't made any hardware changes. The symptom is that the PC will basically freeze up. I can see several hits from Google (not much help from Microsoft's support)...
September 17th 09 06:50 PM
by Martin S[_2_] Go to last post
2 256
help with assistive settings in vista for a trackball by albert
I trust this is the group to ask -- if not, please do let me know where to try next. I have Windows XP, so I cannot answer this by examining my own machine. I am teaching an 80+ year old to use her computer. The intellectual part of the process she is quite good with, but has some fine motor problems in controlling her mouse . I think a trackball would be much better for her.
September 17th 09 04:36 PM
by Badger[_3_] Go to last post
3 363
how to set up 2 floppy drives in vista unlitmate 32 bit version by kcak47mopr
yes i have an older p4 computer i just upgraded to run win vista and i have an asus p4b with a 1.6ghz northwood p4 cpu and i have 2 floppy drives installed but when i boot up only one floppy drive powers up both i have them both hooked up to the same ribbon cable i have a floppy ribbon cable set up for 2 floppy drives does floppy drives have jumpers like hard drives and dvd drives do? what do i...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 17th 09 04:35 PM
by andy Go to last post
12 427
USB Keyboard installation problems (MS Wireless Laser Desktop 6000) by Wolfgang Hammon
MY CONFIGURATION: Hardwa Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 with - Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 v2.0 - Wireless Keyboard v3.0 System: Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 Duel Core Processor 2666 MHz / 4GB RAM
September 17th 09 04:21 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
3 224
Vista missing alot of stuff by vista23
I have a hp laptop dv6871us and it had got the blue screen saying registory error or something like that. I went to safe mode to see if it would work and it did. After running programs like ccleaner and malwarebytes the blue screen didnt show up anymore. But the problem is, that alot of thing are all messed up now. For example, the brightness wont go up or down, i'm missing the battery icon (on...
September 17th 09 04:12 AM
by vista23 Go to last post
8 192
eSATA drive ? (also posted on V. gen.) by philo[_2_]
I have an eSATA drive formatted NTFS from my XP installation. Drive works fine from either XP or Linux (multi-boot machine) I had previously tried Vista on the machine but it saw the eSATA drive as unformatted. Gave the message "Do you want to format this drive?" Very dangerous as an unknowing person may have actually formatted the drive and lost all their data.
September 16th 09 09:24 PM
by philo[_2_] Go to last post
0 184
NVIDIA 7900GS - Fan frequently on after latest driver update by Jerry
Vista Ultimate 32-bit. DELL Dimension 9200 with NVIDIA 7900 GS Yesterday I installed the latest drivers from the NVIDIA site (ver. 190.62) and now the graphic card fan starts running each time I open something (e.go. Internet or Windows Explorer, or the Notepad). Anyone met such a problem?
September 15th 09 07:06 PM
by Jerry Go to last post
5 182
Bluescreen after DISKCRC.SYS... by Calab[_3_]
A friend has a Lenovo laptop running Vista Home Premium. Right now, when booting to Vista the PC bluescreens and starts the boot process over again. This happens in normal as well as safemode. When in safemode the last file loaded is DISKCRC.SYS (probably just the last SYS file that would normally load). After a few seconds the bluescreen occurs and the laptop restarts. I don't have the...
September 15th 09 11:48 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 166
Windows 7 modem by Esteban
Hi, i cant install ZTE MF 636 modem in Win7, in Win Vista its works, but when i try to install it in W7 it listed as unknown device.
September 15th 09 03:35 AM
by Sifudean Go to last post
3 207
Keyboard keys not doing what their meant to by minotar
Hey, I have the vista premium 64bit (only 2 days old) and the keyboard keys have gone mental. They replace shortcuts and after a reboot the non-working/"bad" keys change so its a different set of letters. Sometimes F will open find computer while other times it wont,and sometimes L will lock the pc while other times it wont. Ive unistalled,reinstalled,updated the drivers. Restored the system to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 14th 09 09:57 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post

From The