BlueScreen with HDAudio.sys by Antony Zhong
I have got a few bluescreens with messages in Event Viewer Application log: Fault bucket 0x8E_HdAudio!AzPcPinDescriptor::GetSupportedAudioFormatParameter+6b, type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: http://oca.microsoft.com/resredir.aspx?sid=7822&Bucket=0x8E_HdAudio!AzPcPinDescriptor::GetSupportedAudioFormatParameter+6b Cab Id: 0 Problem signatu
December 11th 07 03:35 AM
by Antony Zhong Go to last post
0 114
Game controller by antp_31
Trying to install my game pad in the usb port and does not find it. Went into game controller and tryed to install it manaully and the error comes up game cotroller not in device manger. looked inside and can not figure out how to load it in there. any ideas? Thank you
September 22nd 06 02:21 AM
by antp_31 Go to last post
0 155
Game controller by antp_31
may game controller is not in my device manager how do i get it back in there? Thank you
September 27th 06 06:22 AM
by Hugh Jass Go to last post
1 180
Modem: No status by Ants
After connecting, I no longer am unable to open the "status". I have also stopped getting informatio about progress when connecting. This seems to have started only this year after anuary updates for Vista Home Basic, Any suggestions on a cure? -- Ants
January 14th 08 03:25 AM
by Ants Go to last post
0 118
DVD playback vs HD DVD playback by Anty
I am trying to figure out why a HD DVD will play just fine on the new laptop, but won't on the new desktop. All I get when trying to playback on the desktop is the video loading message that never goes away. What info is needed to start the troubleshooting? Both are running Vista, the desktop is Vista Business Prem, the laptop Vista Home Prem- the same version of media player,...
February 28th 07 01:48 PM
by GBorn Go to last post
2 278
Is there a way to install Vista on an old PC that has no DVD drives? by Ant[_2_]
Hello. I have an old Dell Dimension 8250 test PC that I would like to install Vista onto. However, it has no DVD drives. I cannot even boot from external USB drives (3.5" disk drive, external HDDs, and DVD burner drive -- CMOS doesn't see them and found out PC doesn't support bootable USB devices). However, I do have enough HDD space (30 GB free on second partition) to copy Vista DVD (or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 24th 09 06:25 PM
by Ant Go to last post
28 967
Vista doesn't print to an old HP Deskjet 870Cse printer (parallelconnection)... by Ant[_2_]
Hello. I have an old college friend who has a fairly new Gateway computer from April/May 2007. It came with Windows Vista. She has a printing problem with her old HP Deskjet 870Cse printer (parallel connection). She bought a Belkin USB Parallel Printer Adapter (part number F5U002v1). She says the box doesn't say Vista support. Is this a problem? I don't think it is since it is just a cable...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 17th 07 10:26 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
29 450
A failing laptop/notebook HDD or just a corrupted Vista/data? by Ant[_3_]
Hello. I am trying to figure out and fix a client's old Sony Vaio laptop/notebook with 1 GB of RAM and 32-bit Vista Business. Basically, it doesn't load up its desktop fully. I do see a graphical splash screen loader and then a black desktop with a movable white mouse cursor, but that's it. This happen in both safe mode and normal boot up. I was able to use the laptop/notebook and access...
April 8th 11 10:59 PM
by HumBug! Go to last post
1 1,137
Audio Compression dillemma by Anyotherbids
I too am having the same issues with the use of microphone within Yahoo Chat and other similar situations. The message says that my computer does not support audio compression. I have searched the net and have found what appears to be files that one could install but I am hesitant to do such a thing just to try and solve this problem. This is the thread within this support area with what...
January 6th 08 11:23 PM
by Anyotherbids Go to last post
0 120
Sigma Tel HD problems by aobie
I have a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ110/B with a Sigma Tel HD Audio Codec. I recently installed Vista Ultimate and lost all sound. Sony says that they do not support Ultimate yet, but to stay tuned and updates may be released over the next several months. Just out of curiousity, I plugged in a pair of headphones today and noticed that they worked with the computer. It is worthwhile to note that my...
August 23rd 07 07:03 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 112
CD/DVD failure by Aodhan
The moment AFTER I installed Vista, my cd/dvd player stopped working properly. The tray won't open and close. When I open it manually and insert a disc, Vista will not read it? Does anyone have a fix for this??? Thanks in advance.
February 13th 07 03:10 AM
by macker33 Go to last post
4 187
TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA drive failure by aoikani
Hello, My name is Mike and I have a Compaq Presario F560US notebook PC w/Vista Home Basic and my dvd drive does not work. The device is recognized in Device Manager as TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA I have used devcon stack gencdrom to examine filters and no high or low filter is residing. I edited the registry according to Microsoft Support and Help to remove the high and low filter. So that...
December 5th 09 11:59 AM
by abhaypd Go to last post
3 707
aol & vista by aol V vista
when i had windows xp for the first time aol was installed on it i just had 2 find my modem and type my name and stuff in. well i a week before xmas i got aol 9.1 it said it runs on xp and vista ? im was getting vista 4 x mas which i now have BUT there are so many compatible problems modems' graphic cards so i got my zoom modem tp work i then found that aol 8.0 (cd) has a compatible issue...
July 28th 08 02:23 PM
by inseattle Go to last post
7 193
Sound Card Vista Drivers by [email protected]
I have an msi neo2 865pe that has the on board sound with the digital outputs.(C-media audio onboard) I have never used these before so this is foreign ground to me. I want to get the full 5.1 feel via this output but i don't know if the drivers aren't correct or what the issue is but I can only get stereo coming out of this output. Anyone have any idea on how to get this working? Thanks.
March 1st 08 11:07 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 195
USB Flash drives not recognized by AOTech
Under Vista Ultimate, when I insert a flash drive, the OS does not recognize it as a USB Mass storage device, and prompts for drivers. Here are some details: 1. This system was upgraded from XP 2. A Sandisk Cruzer Mini 1GB flash drive was installed prior to the upgrade (this device is the only thumbdrive that works) 3. A USB card reader is present (system allocates 4 removable disks) and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 24th 10 07:57 AM
by Vinoy Vijayan Go to last post
32 1,329
Unable to access USB flash drive in Disk Management MMC snap-on by AOTech
A 1 Gb flash drive was present when my system was upgraded from XP Pro to Vista Ultimate. This drive works fine. Any other flash drives I insert appear under Disk Management (no file system or drive letter). Any attempt at any operation *i.e. format or change drive letter or path) results in an MMC snap-in error.
March 29th 07 09:42 AM
by AOTech Go to last post
0 139
MP3 won't connect to my pc by AP
can someone help? i have a samsung yp-K5 mp3 player and can't seem to get it to work on my pc, i used to be able to but all of a sudden when i connect it to the pc it's nowhere to be found do cannot download any music or do anything with it, any suggestions? -- AP
June 30th 07 10:26 AM
by AP Go to last post
3 118
Connect to external display by AP
I have a samsung hl-s5687w DLP TV, and a sony vaio laptop with vista home premium. i am trying to connect the laptop to the tv with a vga cable. when i connect the cable to the laptop, the laptop display goes blank and the tv says mode not supported. the first time i connected the calbe i selected the option to display same image on both screens. my question is how can i modify the...
February 1st 07 10:50 PM
by AP Go to last post
0 183
Any benchmarks where ReadyBoost has really boosted? by ap2
I'm running Vista Business on a 2.4 GHz AMD LapTop machine, 2GB of RAM. Many of the operations are quite sticky when compared to the old XP machine with 1 GB memory. I was wondering if ReadyBoost would bring some speed-up to Vista. I have seen no speed increase with my current 2 GB USB Boost sticks. Then someone pointed me to this Tom's Hardware page there they have evaluated Ready...
April 6th 08 11:09 AM
by .Joe[_256_] Go to last post
9 230
Fingerprint Reader 2.0 64 Bits for Vista by Apa57
Hello Does anyone know if driver for Vista 64 Bits will be aviable for Microsoft keyboard with finrgeprint Reader? Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
March 8th 07 07:30 PM
by Apa57 Go to last post

From The