LCD Monitor not running at native resolution by ArgusX
Greetings, I have a Sony SDM-S93-B (19") monitor with a native resolution of 1280 x 1024, it's being driven by a ATI All-In-Wonder X1900 video adapter. When running under Windows XP, the monitor runs at native resolution. Under Vista, however, it only runs at a maximum resolution of 1024 x 768. I've downloaded the latest ATI drivers, I've tried everything I can think of. The monitor...
April 25th 07 11:05 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
2 163
My mouse has delay at start up by Ari Sillanpää
Mouse pointer has locked long time. My mouse belong to "Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000"-set (Bluetooth).
May 22nd 09 08:09 AM
by Ari Sillanpää Go to last post
0 278
Bluetooth transceiver doesn't like Memory stick, when they are near by Ari Sillanpää
Works well, when Bluetooth transceiver is in front of desktop and memory stick is behind desktop. Memory stick is "Kingston 4 GB Data Traveler 100" Bluetooth transceiver belong to "Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000"-set
December 29th 08 11:28 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
7 290
Samsung SM 757DFX + Rad X1600Pro by aric
I have Samsung SyncMaster 757DFX and ATi Radeon X1600Pro. I have a problem with refresh rates - I cannot set the res. of 1152x864x32 with 100Hz refresh rate though my monitor and gfx both support it and I can use this settings in XP without problems. Vista (Home Premium 64bit) behaves as if it couldn't detect the 100Hz mode. 85Hz is the highest available choice. This is the only problem that...
November 27th 06 07:19 PM
by aric Go to last post
4 203
Use of Image Backup cd by Arico
Hi I would like to know if I make a full image back-up cd of my laptop will any one else who gets hold of this cd or back-up disk be able to booth in another pc or laptop, and access my files in their. in short can a backup disk be used in another pc or laptop. -- George Mathias
November 15th 09 01:57 PM
by Frank-FL Go to last post
6 237
Registry Errors, how to fix? by arico
On using OneCare registry Clean i get the following errors File type associations (4 errors, 0 skipped) Error Items HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.cda HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\FileExts\.wmd HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.wms HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.wmz
November 24th 09 03:26 PM
by TopLess Go to last post
5 243
Sidebar Gadget Problem by arico
am a sidebar gadget freak, ma whole desktop is filled with it. The problem that I am encountering is, these gadget keep on moving from right to left (hand) (only the once which are undocked ) the movement is very minor, and can be noticed only after few days, it takes place every time I start the laptop, I can accelerate the movement by restarting or shutting it down and starting it again...
November 16th 09 05:25 PM
by arico Go to last post
0 180
BIOS SETUP UTITLY LOST by arico
Since I upgrading my BIOS (Phoenix technologies) V1.7 to V1.8, I can no longer access the BIOS SETUP UTILITY MENU. NOTE: the notebook is working fine, I can access the F2 boot and F8 advance boot menu. When I press F10 I get the following; Edit windows boot options for: Microsoft Windows Vista Path:\windows\system32\win load.exe Partition:2 Hard Disk: 5c9d3909
April 8th 10 05:04 PM
by arico Go to last post
7 492
Use of Image Backup cd by Arico
Hi I would like to know if I make a full image back-up cd of my laptop will any one else who gets hold of this cd or back-up disk be able to booth in another pc or laptop, and access my files in their. in short can a backup disk be used in another pc or laptop. -- George Mathias
November 10th 09 01:54 PM
by Arico Go to last post
0 125
Registry Errors, how to fix? by arico
On using OneCare registry Clean i get the following errors File type associations (4 errors, 0 skipped) Error Items HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.cda HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\FileExts\.wmd HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.wms HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.wmz
November 16th 09 04:05 PM
by arico Go to last post
0 150
Sidebar Gadget Problem by arico
am a sidebar gadget freak, ma whole desktop is filled with it. The problem that I am encountering is, these gadget keep on moving from right to left (hand) (only the once which are undocked ) the movement is very minor, and can be noticed only after few days, it takes place every time I start the laptop, I can accelerate the movement by restarting or shutting it down and starting it again...
November 16th 09 05:25 PM
by arico Go to last post
0 195
BIOS SETUP UTITLY LOST by arico
Since I upgrading my BIOS (Phoenix technologies) V1.7 to V1.8, I can no longer access the BIOS SETUP UTILITY MENU. NOTE: the notebook is working fine, I can access the F2 boot and F8 advance boot menu. When I press F10 I get the following; Edit windows boot options for: Microsoft Windows Vista Path:\windows\system32\win load.exe Partition:2 Hard Disk: 5c9d3909
April 5th 10 06:05 AM
by arico Go to last post
0 314
Toucam Pro II by Arie
My cam is not working properly, Windows finds the cam, but can only use it for sound(mic), but i cant use it as a camera. also the light on my cam is burning all the time.. so my cam is in use. but im not using it.. anyone who knows what to do?
August 30th 06 08:35 AM
by Arie Go to last post
0 673
Toucam II Pro by Arie
My cam is not working properly, Windows finds the cam, but can only use it for sound(mic), but i cant use it as a camera. also the light on my cam is burning all the time.. so my cam is in use. but im not using it.. anyone who knows what to do?
August 30th 06 08:35 AM
by Arie Go to last post
0 498
Microphone static by Arielle
I used to love recording audio with my last laptop (with XP), and everything worked perfectly with Audacity and a regular, cheap microphone (the ones that sometimes come with computers). However, I have already tried two such microphones for my new laptop which has Vista on it, and while it can pick up sound from the get-go, it also exhibits static whether I'm talking into the mic or not!...
July 11th 08 07:14 PM
by Arielle Go to last post
5 120
RECOVERY MEDIA by Aries77
BRING BACK ALL CD FOR COMPUTER , TECH SOME TIMES CANT RESTORE OR REINSTALL HARDWARE IF THE CD IS NOT THERE.. BRING BACK THE MEDIA/RECOVERY CDS...................... RECOVERY MEDIA Most computer systems no longer include "Recovery Media" (Disks or CDs used to restore your computer system to it's factory shipped state). Many do not
April 30th 08 07:35 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
4 147
USB External Hard Drives not registering in Vista Home Premium by Arigas
I have a pair of external hard drives that are used as storage for my home network, both of which worked just fine in XP, but have only worked once since installing Vista on my computer. I don't know how they actually ended up working, but I since restarted and went into XP to finish up some things. Since then, I've gone back to Vista, with no luck of either drive showing up and being...
February 16th 07 04:47 AM
by Cymbal Man Freq. Go to last post
2 245
Help with removable drives and autoplay by Ari[_2_]
hello, i have a dell inspiron 6400, vista home premium 32-bit. for some reason all my removable disk are all named the same thing yet on all my other computers they all come up as the default name for removable disks (what ever it may be). i was wondering if someone could help me: 1. tell me how to show the removable disk drives at all times and maybe i can fix the problem that way. or
August 28th 08 01:05 AM
by PaulM Go to last post
7 322
found new hardware and drive install every boot by Arko
Hi! I have just installed Windows Vista Ultimate (three days now) in a box with Asus P5VD2-X, D-link DLW-G510 and Webcam NX-Pro Creative. All drivers are installed but Dlink which I got from their site. Everything works perfectly except that almost every boot all drivers are automatically installed again. That is really annoying because I have to configure wireless connection (which is lost...
March 14th 07 12:58 AM
by Arko Go to last post
0 124
My local drive c have only 20GB by armanbangla
I use Windows Vista Home Premium and a Sumsang 320GB hard disk. My local drive c have only 20GB and thus all are in use now I want to extend my C drive without losing data if don’t possible then tell how I can extend it using my Home Premium CD? -- armanbangla
May 21st 09 05:22 AM
by armanbangla Go to last post

From The