Xbox Live Vision Camera by DRCL
Well, when I had XP I never actually got the cam to work completely, but it did show up on Messenger as a working camera, but it froze the program when I tried to use it.. I tried installing it on Vista and have looked for solutions, but it won't work with anything. I have used guides to make it work, but I don't come up with the same stuff. When I go to the device manager it has something about...
August 28th 09 10:20 AM
by DRCL Go to last post
2 171
How to turn off Speedstep? by akita
Is there any way in Vista (32 bit) to turn off Intel’s Speedstep throttling? Having spend a couple of hours going through Vista’s various and numerous options (power options and so on) as well as spending some time researching this on the net, I simply cannot find a way to turn speedstep off via the GUI. My BIOS gives me two options: “Off” which sure enough turns speedstep off, but...
August 27th 09 07:41 PM
by undisclosed Go to last post
3 209
External HDD Plug & Play Problem by pbl
Connected to my notebook via a powered hub are two external drives . I have it configured such that when I return from work I plug in the USB hub open my notebook lid and the external drives are immediately recognised and fire away. I have never had to reboot and it has worked well for 6 months. Then 3 days ago for no apparent reason my notebook would not display either of the drives under...
August 27th 09 02:10 PM
by pbl Go to last post
2 232
Zen Vision: M no longer recognized by Calcitrix
I think it was after I installed Service Pack 3...my Creative Labs Zen Vision M is not recognized by my laptop anymore. It still works on my XP computer at work (but Creative doesn't have software for XP anymore; I can only interact with my Zen as a hard drive, basically) I have upgraded all of the software offered by Creative for Vista and followed many, many recommendations for cleaning,...
August 26th 09 08:34 PM
by Calcitrix Go to last post
0 232
No Hard Disk Found by mike6493
I just finished putting a computer together today, and every time I try to turn it on I get the error message "No hard disk found". Its a new HD and so I've gone through and tried adjusting and trying different things in bios but I just get the same message. Part of what I dont get is that in Bios theres an option to change the boot order of the drives and in that section there it is "WD blah...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 26th 09 05:57 PM
by Frank-FL Go to last post
11 357
Vista "forgets" USB Device Locations by phillfri
When I plug in the external USB drive I use for backup, Vista recognizes it, can read and write to it, etc. But within a few minutes Vista "forgets" the location of the USB drive. I note that, like most people, I have multiple USB devices plugged in. The error message I get is: ============================================= Could not find this item. This is no longer located in %3...
August 26th 09 11:55 AM
by Karoltgreat Go to last post
8 268
Modem by William J. Lunsford
I'm looking for a PCI or PCIe fax modem with basic fax software that will work with 64-bit Vista Home Premium. I just need a modem and basic software for sending and receiving an occasional fax. I've done some searching, but have found little information regarding software included with modems. Bill
August 26th 09 05:10 AM
by William J. Lunsford Go to last post
5 261
i8042prt by Jani Ruohomaa
Hi! Does anyone have the same problem: At bootup Vista Home Premium freezes (progress bar stops) and you need to reset the system Usually it works after 1 reset but in the event viewer there is a entry like: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
August 26th 09 02:26 AM
by QueenofNight Go to last post
3 169
Install SATA/RAID controler after Vista installed? by Jonosin
I have a Intel DG965WH mobo in a system with Vista installed already. I need to have Intel Matrix Storage Technology installed to be able to use the SATA mode (instead of IDE 133). Intel site states this must be installed using F6 method durring OS installation. So, is there a way to do this with Vista installed? If not, can I perform the F6 for 3rd party RAID controlers with a repair...
August 25th 09 11:29 PM
by stevechardy Go to last post
1 153
Safely removing external HDD that system says is in use by another program by popalong
When I try to remove Drive F at the Computer window, or from the taskbar, it says "can't remove, in use by another program". This became an issue after I ran Windows Backup for the first time. Earlier backup was the Acer version. Acer's version backs up C partition and records on D. Windows backed up C and D and recorded on external drive F. Here is the contents of Shared Folders Share...
August 25th 09 06:58 PM
by popalong Go to last post
0 177
Vista 64 Bit - Cannot Boot With 3 Hard Disks by SomeoneX
Hello, I have just installed Vista Ultimate 64 Bit (on my 500 GB Seagate hard disk, the main hard disk). Then, I added 2 more hard disks (a 1 TB Hitachi and another 500 GB Seagate), so now I have 3 SATA hard disks installed. However, Vista cannot start. Sometimes, it stuck on the boot screen (the one with the scrolling green bar), sometimes it just show black
August 25th 09 02:25 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
9 179
Unalocated Disk Space by Andy
On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:04:02 -0400, "JamesJ" wrote: I have a 160mb internal hard drive with 1 partition (ntfs). Vista sp2. When viewing drive info 3rd party software is showing the used space and also 10mb of unallocated space. Anyone know what this unallocated space is? That space allows a Basic disk to be converted to a Dynamic disk.
August 24th 09 07:05 AM
by Andy Go to last post
0 170
Disk Boot Error by Duall
Hello ladies and gents. I am having an issue with my computer running vista ultimate x64. I have an ASUS M2N-SLI motherboard, 2 one-gig sticks of Patiot DDR2 800MHz RAM, a Pioneer DVD-RW optical drive, a nVidia GeForce 8600 video card, an AMD Athalon dual core processor, onboard sound/networking, and two hard drives: one being 160 gb, and the other being 1 tb. Okay, now onto the problem. I keep...
August 23rd 09 06:08 PM
by shebajd1 Go to last post
2 172
DVD drive uninstalled?? by Steve[_54_]
Greetings: I'm running windows Vista on an HP Pavilion. Recently, I went to use my DVD ROM and discovered the icon was missing from "My computer"...... This happened before with XP, and with XP I removed the appropriate Upper and Lower filters in the registry, restarted, and all was well. I tried this with vista and the upper and lower filters were not present.
August 23rd 09 04:10 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
5 209
MCE wont find channels when my OTA tuner is part of the tuners, why? Can I manually.. by crewxp
Hey, I just installed the Windows 7 RTM build from Technet. I also just purchased an AverTV Combo M780 Tuner (for the analog and OTA). I already had a HDHomeRun which gave me 2 ATSC Digital signals. But I'm having trouble configuring all the tuners in Media Center... I can get the Analog working fine, and the 2 HDHomeRun tuners.... Although the MCE only detects HD signals from HDHomeRun if I...
August 23rd 09 01:16 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
1 183
USB memory: Code 19 error by Simpleuser
I have Corsair Voyager GT 4G memory stick which gives a Code 19 error in Devive Manager. There are two entries for it - the first of these is under "Disk Drives" and appears healthy. The second is under "Portable Devices" and the item is shown as Voyager GT with an ! next to it. Looking at the properties of this it says "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration...
August 23rd 09 11:50 AM
by 17KRD Go to last post
4 186
Upgrade 8GB RAM for 680i SLI Mobo with Vistax64~ by Abiosis
Hi,I'm thinking about upgrade to 8GB RAM for my system (680i SLI Mobo) with VUx64.... 'Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory' (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227289) Can my mobo handle these 8GB ram with 1066? please enlighten,thanks~~~
August 22nd 09 10:10 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
9 246
Shared graphics memory in vista by Mark[_30_]
I have vista home premium 32bit on my compaq presario desktop with 4gb ram. I installed a ati graphics card today with its own 1gb which should be more than enough ram for the kind of things I do since I am not really a serious gamer and am not into 1st person shooter type games. The problem is vista insists on using 1gb ram as shared graphics ram so is there anyway to stop this sharing of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 22nd 09 09:44 PM
by Frank-FL Go to last post
11 462
Cnnot power on after a hibernation.... by colojomo
hi, i have an hp laptop running vista home premium. Well my girl hit the power button to put it into hibernation, she said it didnt do anything. Then she went to the start menu and put it into hibernate from there. Well, now the pc will not power on, it is showing no signs of power whatsoever. The onlt sign of power to the machine is the little light around the AC input jac is lit up when its...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 21st 09 10:59 PM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
17 442
Terminology question by M Skabialka
I know there is a term for this though. The hard drive failed, the manufacturer is sending a new one. What is the term that means everything has been pre-installed and it just needs to be placed into the machine and it's like buying it new from the store? There's a short simple word for this - it's driving me nuts trying to think of it....! Pre-loaded isn't it... "smlunatick"...
August 21st 09 09:47 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post

From The